Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After beating Skyward Sword, my thoughts on it (MAJOR SPOILERS)  (Read 2119 times)

After beating Skyward Sword, my thoughts on it (...
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:09:26 am »
NOTE I DID NOT USE A SPOILER TAG, SO SKYWARD SWORD SPOILERS ARE IN THE BELOW TEXT

I'm a huge Zelda fan, i like Zelda games. Would i replay this game? No. It took me around 45-50 hours to beat, not doing many quests and not doing boss rush. Some things during the game didn't make much sense.

I liked the music, the music was nice pretty much through out the game. Is the Wii a graphical powerhouse? No, but i liked the graphics, the graphics were pretty nice. I didn't mind the gameplay, but some of it was annoying.

My thoughts.

The final boss fight was pretty cool, i liked it, though not really sure why Demise looked like Akuma or Blanka from Street Fighter. I actually laughed when he appeared since he reminded me of them so much. I liked the way Demise and Link had a stairdown, and how only a few people Link, and Groose stood up to Demise, it was but i liked it. The music fit it.

The Controls - Now this is a downer. The controls weren't that bad sometimes, but others they were extremely annoying. A few times during boss battles like with Demise or Girihim the Wii Motion Plus would screw it, it wasn't because i was rushing or anything. It's just a fault with the Wii Motion Plus. Another thing was the camera, the camera was pretty wonky, especially with the lock on, during the Horde battle, i ran down to the archers and hit lock on and it locks on to the enemies behind link that i'm not even facing.

The Flight Controls with the bird weren't bad, they were pretty easy to get used to and use, though having to flap my hand for the bird to flap his wings was annoying. My hand was getting pretty tired through the Horde battle, though i did like the battle. I hated the swimming, swimming with the Wiimote was Irritating to say the least, especially when using the control stick would have been so much easier and more intuitive.

For the most part the game was enjoyable, i say for the most part because there were some parts i hated.

Silent Realms - Yes, i hated the Silent realms, they weren't that hard, but they were annoying and i didn't like them at all, it reminded of the collect 15 tears crap that i hated in Twilight Princess because of crappy Wolf Link, who i also hated. There was literally no reason for me to have to do a 4th Silent Realm on Skyloft, I don't see how collecting 15 little water droplets should allow my to gain the Ultimate power of the triforce. They could of easily replaced the the Stupid Silent Realms with actual smallish dungeons if they actually used the rest of the dang map or made it bigger.

I had to revisit the same places during the story, 5+ years working on this game, they could of easily added more Dungeons and more area's instead of using the same places over and over again.

Though i did like that pretty much all the dungeons were worked into the story, and link went into them pretty much when he got to place, seemed more Story Centric since link had to pass through continue on. Seemed kind of like they milked the omg 100 hours thing for all its worth. You can Dual Layer Wii discs, there should of been no reason they couldn't have added more content to the game.

It's nice to see Nintendo putting in a NG+ type mode, but they still managed to screw it up. For one you have to pick right at the end, right there if you want to delete everything you just did to start in Hero Mode, and you can't actually save on a different save slot so you can go back and complete quests, look for the cubes, etc. Seems like a very basic thing for Nintendo to screw up.

Like i said, while i liked the game, a lot of it was enjoyable, i would of given it probably a 10 if it didn't have so much Fluff and if the controls didn't screw up, I don't want to say give it a 6, but 7.5 seems about right. It just seems like they could of, and should have done more with the game after all the time it spent in development.

Re: After beating Skyward Sword, my thoughts on ...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:21:32 pm »
It's nice to see Nintendo putting in a NG+ type mode, but they still managed to screw it up. For one you have to pick right at the end, right there if you want to delete everything you just did to start in Hero Mode, and you can't actually save on a different save slot so you can go back and complete quests, look for the cubes, etc. Seems like a very basic thing for Nintendo to screw up.

You can go back to file select before being the final boss and make a copy of your file to slot 2. I found this out the hard way too, but I beat him twice as fast the second time since I knew what to do. Plus the fight was fun anyways.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »
Like i said, while i liked the game, a lot of it was enjoyable, i would of given it probably a 10 if it didn't have so much Fluff and if the controls didn't screw up, I don't want to say give it a 6, but 7.5 seems about right. It just seems like they could of, and should have done more with the game after all the time it spent in development.
Just wondering but what do you mean with Fluff anyways?
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:21 am »
Just wondering but what do you mean with Fluff anyways?

Stuff like the 4 silent realms, having to climb back up the volcano, the stupid tadpole music note things, the 3-4 battles with the imprisoned. Things that could of easily been done better.

You can go back to file select before being the final boss and make a copy of your file to slot 2. I found this out the hard way too, but I beat him twice as fast the second time since I knew what to do. Plus the fight was fun anyways.

Thats a plus, but it would of been so much easier for Nintendo to actually give you tbat option after beating the final boss, instead of having to decide right then and there to delete all your work and start in hero mode, or to keep your save and refight akuma.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 08:44:11 am »
Stuff like the 4 silent realms, having to climb back up the volcano, the stupid tadpole music note things, the 3-4 battles with the imprisoned. Things that could of easily been done better.
So if I am right you are first complaining that there is not enough content in the game and then you complain that some content could have better been removed because it was not done right. I find that a bit of a contradiction  :huh: But then again I thought the Silent Realms were one of the best puzzles in the game.

The world itself is just as big as Twilight Princess was. There are a couple of factors that make it seem a lot smaller.
  • The world is seperated in 4 lose pieces and you can't freely travel between them.
  • The overworld map shows a lot of empty space.
  • There is a lot more crammed into each area like walls, bottomless pits and level changes. You get the feeling to be in enclosed spaces.
  • The dungeon maps often only shows a few rooms on a single floor level.
  • On the surface you need to walk to every place.

Thats a plus, but it would of been so much easier for Nintendo to actually give you tbat option after beating the final boss, instead of having to decide right then and there to delete all your work and start in hero mode, or to keep your save and refight akuma.
Like how Nintendo did it in TWW. But then the final boss is not that difficult. However it is better to choose where you can save.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:22 pm »
  • 笑い男
The silent realm stuff reminded me of the ones in TP right away when first reading about them in Iwata asks, but after reading a bit, they did sound a lot better.

When actually playing them, I ended up dreading them. But that wasn't because they were bad, but because they were rather intense.

I believe the people that made mario galaxy made this game? and it shows, a lot.
They've decided to focus on completely filling the 4 or so main places with as much quality content as possible, over making one vast game.
It does like the HUGE adventure feeling in places, the same as mario galaxy did comparing it to mario 64, but I'd have that any day over just having tons of huge places full of barely anything that you visit once then never go back. That's just an illusion of a huge game.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
I really enjoyed this game.  It is my favorite Zelda game since aLttP, even over OoT & WW.  The one major flaw/gripe I have is that there aren't enough unique bosses since you repeat battles with Ghirahim multiple times.  I don't complain about the Imprisoned in the same aspect because that's he's not a dungeon boss - he's more of a special boss.  I feel that fighting Ghirahim in the first & fifth dungeons though made us miss out on some more theme-oriented bosses that Zelda games are known for.  Ah well, c'est la vie.  I really did enjoy the game overall though.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 12:59:01 am »
This game was one of the better ones. i really enjoy when a good zelda game comes out and sticks to the triforce, master sword, kill all evil scheme. i still enjoyed em, but games like ST and PH werent the best.. even if they were gamecube actual 3D games. the story and gameplay was lacking. but not on the discussion about that, i really enjoyed SS. the silent realms were actually fun. the first one i was like okay so tear collecting from TP? with guards that easily dont even do anything(the first one i got every tear first time no triggers..) the second one i actually liked it. it got intense and was fun to play. the one in skyloft seemed unnessisary though. and for the wii controls, for the most part they were pretty good. what i hated is they always seemed to fail at the worst possible places. expessially stabbing. and the fact that i could run around calling thousands of goddess sword strike thingys but during demise i spend 5 mins of dodging and holding the wiimote in the air.. it was a good game.. but they could have made it alot better with some common sense. they focused to hard on using wiimotionplus to focus on what is natural/easy to control.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:34 am »
This game was one of the better ones. i really enjoy when a good zelda game comes out and sticks to the triforce, master sword, kill all evil scheme. i still enjoyed em, but games like ST and PH werent the best.. even if they were gamecube actual 3D games. the story and gameplay was lacking. but not on the discussion about that, i really enjoyed SS. the silent realms were actually fun. the first one i was like okay so tear collecting from TP? with guards that easily dont even do anything(the first one i got every tear first time no triggers..) the second one i actually liked it. it got intense and was fun to play. the one in skyloft seemed unnessisary though. and for the wii controls, for the most part they were pretty good. what i hated is they always seemed to fail at the worst possible places. expessially stabbing. and the fact that i could run around calling thousands of goddess sword strike thingys but during demise i spend 5 mins of dodging and holding the wiimote in the air.. it was a good game.. but they could have made it alot better with some common sense. they focused to hard on using wiimotionplus to focus on what is natural/easy to control.

Ok

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:18 pm »
  • 笑い男
during demise i spend 5 mins of dodging and holding the wiimote in the air..

I never realised you could defeat him that way, so kept on with a sword fight, which is another (natural - to me anyway) way to beat him.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 03:25:50 pm »
i saw him do that and my first thought was to get a skyward strike. so when it came down all electric i knew it was going to be a battle like that. it was kindof like TP, where on gannondorf you have to wait for your "chance" thing to appear, and then you can hit him a bunch. or just keep trying to get hits in. i thought the skyward strike battle was really cool, but if the controls were better and demise was a little harder(i beat him my first time only losing a couple hearts..) then that would be one of the cooler battles in the series.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:23 am »
during demise i spend 5 mins of dodging and holding the wiimote in the air..

I never realised you could defeat him that way, so kept on with a sword fight, which is another (natural - to me anyway) way to beat him.

Thats how i beat akuma, i attacked him, then dodged, over and over, and over.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 62 queries.

anything