Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Timeline  (Read 2888 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Zelda Timeline
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:29:12 am »
Today's topic isn't what you think. I picked up the Official Nintendo Magazine today and was reading it to find their version of the Zelda Timeline. Now I think it's pretty sturdy so far but of course it's far from the final timeline.

Oracle Timeline
OOA/OOS -> LA?
It states in the magazine that the ending of OOA/OOS which has Link sailing off looks familiar to the LA intro. There could be a linking here.

The Four Sword Timeline
MC -> FS -> FSA
Pretty standard. It was obvious that these 3 came together

Toon Link Timeline
WW -> PH -> ST
Again pretty standard

"Main" Timeline
SS -> OOT -> MM -> TP
Another standard linkage

Link to the Past Timeline
LTTP -> LA
If you read the prologue of LA in the manual, it states that LA follows on from LTTP. Who else never knew that?

NES Timeline
LOZ -> AOL
I never knew that AOL took place a few years after LOZ. Huh

//---End of the Official Nintendo Magazine's theory---//

Now I have noticed a few things about this timeline theory. If LA is indeed a sequel to OOA/OOS, then the Oracle and Link to the Past Timeline come together link so. I'll call it the Link to the Oracle Timeline.

LTTP -> OOA/OOS -> LA

Not to mention that although Link "kills" Ganondorf in TP, Link has "killed" Ganondorf/Ganon tons of times so obviously Ganondorf/Ganon always has survived except for WW. So in this scenario, the Toon Link and "Main" Timeline come together.

SS -> OOT -> MM -> TP -> WW -> PH -> ST

My final noticing is that in FSA, you fight Ganon. This MUST mean that the Four Sword Timeline MUST come after SS as Skyward Sword introduces Ganondorf but the Four Sword Timeline must come before the events that occurred in WW.

SS -> ... -> MC -> FS -> FSA -> ... -> WW

This also means that the Link To The Oracle follows these rules as you fight Twinrova and Ganon. However it is never stated which game Twinrova officially dies in.

SS -> OOT + MM??? -> LTTP -> OOA/OOS - > LA -> OOT + MM??? -> TP -> WW -> PH -> ST

And that where my observations on the Official Nintendo Magazine's version of the timeline end.

Let's hear what you guys think of their timeline
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:35:31 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: Zelda Timeline
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »
It's an interesting storyline, though it is basically what most people seem to come to after looking at the storyline in all of the games. You seem to have came to it a different way but I think most of the fan guessed timelines come to the same conclusion or thereabouts.
  • Elliott Parkinson

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:43:30 pm »
  • .越//
Link to the Past Timeline
LTTP -> LA
If you read the prologue of LA in the manual, it states that LA follows on from LTTP. Who else never knew that?

LA was in the beta a Gameboy LttP just like OoT a 3D Remake of LttP was in the beta and then followed different ideas and directions throgh development and engine possibilities

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
I don't think there is such thing as a timeline, ;P, if Miyamoto ever release the timeline it will be filled with holes on what the instructions manual said, and it will look way too forced.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 05:59:12 pm »
Actually Kren there has been confirmed that there is a master timeline. But you're right, they'll be holes if it got released right now. All we can do is wait and see plus play the games
  • Phoenix Heart

thestig

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 08:00:18 pm »
Actually Kren there has been confirmed that there is a master timeline. But you're right, they'll be holes if it got released right now. All we can do is wait and see plus play the games
As I recall, Nintendo explained the exact opposite.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Nintendo never can and never will make up their mind with regards to the timeline..

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
Well the Official Nintendo Magazine states otherwise. It states that director Eiji Aonuma had confirmed there is a confidential timeline document
  • Phoenix Heart

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:27:07 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
there was also a video a while back with both Aonuma AND Miyamoto stating that there is infact a timeline document in their vault.

EDIT:
However Nintendo is known to contradict and trip over themselves at times so don't take it for granted, for all we know they will post another interview stating that we misinterpreted what they meant.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:36:20 pm by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

thestig

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 10:44:17 pm »
Well, I have a proposition then: whether or not Zelda has a timeline is obviously a highly trivial topic, one nobody will probably ever know for sure if it does or doesn't, so it's merely a matter of opinion if it does or doesn't. I just posted this to please myself, so don't really feel insulted if you are. =\

I like to think that each Zelda has some kind of link to Ocarina of Time whether it was before or after the fact, or which timeline route it took (i.e. when link was gone for 7 years, and the other where he went back in time and yeah...)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 07:00:05 am »
  • 笑い男
Well the Official Nintendo Magazine states otherwise. It states that director Eiji Aonuma had confirmed there is a confidential timeline document

Yeah, this surprised me.

I doubt when they made the very first game they though they'd go on to make a huge series and planned the timeline from the start.
So when making the second game, just for the hell of it they may of put in one line in the instruction manual saying how it connects to the previous game or something, rather randomly.

They focus on making games, and that is what I like. Miyamoto said he likes to do so instead of focusing on such story elements like, explaining why yoshi is male yet can lay eggs, so I'm betting each time they make a zelda game, they focus on making the game the best yet, to the best of their abilities, not on fitting it into some super secret ultra important time line.
So what King Tetiro wrote probably makes some of the most sense.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 07:39:29 am »

Yeah, this surprised me.

I doubt when they made the very first game they though they'd go on to make a huge series and planned the timeline from the start.
So when making the second game, just for the hell of it they may of put in one line in the instruction manual saying how it connects to the previous game or something, rather randomly.

They focus on making games, and that is what I like. Miyamoto said he likes to do so instead of focusing on such story elements like, explaining why yoshi is male yet can lay eggs, so I'm betting each time they make a zelda game, they focus on making the game the best yet, to the best of their abilities, not on fitting it into some super secret ultra important time line.
So what King Tetiro wrote probably makes some of the most sense.

Wow thank for the back up.

I was reading a few articles on the zeldas games and I found this

The Triforce, being an inanimate object, cannot judge between good and evil. Therefore, it could not know that Ganon's wishes were evil; it merely granted them. Suspecting that Ganon's power was based on the Triforce's magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or the Master Sword. It was so powerful that only one who was pure of heart and strong of body and mind could wield it. As the Seven Wise Men searched for a valiant person to take up the Master Sword, Ganon's evil army swarmed from the tainted Golden Land into Hyrule and attacked the castle. The wise men and the Knights Of Hyrule combined forces to wage war on this evil horde.

This comes from the Zelda Wikia on Link to the Past's prologue. This conflicts the Skyward Sword so this would mean that the Hylians telling of how the Master Sword came to be must've been passed down through centuries way too many times and Phi becoming the Master Sword was lost in centuries of telling the story. (Or it is a Nintendo F*** UP)

Either way, if this is true, then Link to the Past has to have come after Ocarina of Time as Ocarina of Time also explains about a war.

SS -> OOT -> MM -> LTTP -> OOA/OOS - > LA -> TP -> WW -> PH -> ST

Now you may be thinking why did I put before TP? Well if you've played LTTP and TP, the Master Sword resides in the Lost Woods. So there is a clear connection between the two. This would mean after the events of LTTP, the Temple of Time was created around it. Perhaps the original Temple of Time was in ruins and the new Temple of Time was created to look like the old on. Now this sounds stupid but to be fair, the Master Sword has been in many locations.

Lost Woods / Sacred Grove
Temple of Time in Hyrule Market
Hyrule Castle

So we have to think outside the box to fix the holes. Btw, this is just a theory remember.

EDIT: I just found another clue. Gerudos. Gerudos? Gerudos.
If you played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, you'll see many Gerudos. And if you played Four Swords Adventures, you'll ALSO see Gerudos. And Deku Scrubs. This must mean that the three games are connected and means that the Four Sword Timeline would come after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. But there's more. You get the Gerudo Desert in TP but no Gerudos. This seems to be that the Gerudos cease to exist now or mingled with the Hylians to produce peace between the two races and now live in Hyrule. But this means that the Four Sword Timeline has to come before TP.

One problem though. Does it come before LTTP or after the events? Hmm...

EDIT 2: Worked it out. The Oracles travelled to Hyrule during the events of Minish Cap and were introduced in OOA/OOS. Therefore the Four Sword Trilogy must come after OOA/OOS as the Oracles wouldn't have known about Hyrule if MC came before OOA/OOS

SS -> OOT -> MM -> LTTP -> OOA/OOS - > LA -> MC -> FS -> FSA -> TP -> WW -> PH -> ST

All that's left in theory is the LOZ and AOL. Now that I'm not even gonna bother piecing together. Mainly because I have no clue about where it would go as the story in LOZ and AOL is too simplistic to deduct anything. And I've read LTTP's prologue and it brings no clues either.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:03:00 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:36:57 pm »
I always thought that it was

WW-PH-ST--------MC-FS-FSA
SS-OoT-
            MM-TP-LTTP-OoX-LA-LoZ-AoL

.. Kinda.
I'll add one of these later.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:31 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
So I got the newest Game Informer today, and in it is a 25th Anniversary look back at the series. After that feature is a 10-page feature on Skyward Sword.

Why am I posting this here, you ask? Simple; there's a sidebar regarding this very issue...
Quote from: Game Informer
THE CHRONOLOGY OF ZELDA
   Each Zelda game stands on its own fairly well, but hardcore Zelda fans have spent ages concocting complex theories about how the whole series could connect into a complicated history of Hyrule. With Nintendo being so forthcoming about Skyward Sword being a prequel to Ocarina of Time and telling the origin story of the Master Sword, I can't help but ask Aonuma if the developers behind the games spend much time thinking about how they relate to each other.
   "Obviously we've made so many games now that we can't help but think about how those games connect to one another," Aonuma says. "However, that consideration comes late in the development process. When we create a new game, we don't start with a preset notion of what the story is going to be or how it's going to flow. We start by focusing in on what the core gameplay element is going to be and then develop from that."
   With Skyward sword, the team went into the game knowing that the core gameplay element would be the WiiMotion Plus. With the focus on more fully realized controls, it made sense for the sword itself to play an important part in the plot. So when does it get put into the official timeline?
   "There is a document on my computer that has a stamp on it that says 'Top Secret,'" Aonuma tells me with a laugh. "I actually haven't even shown it to many of the staff members. One of the special privileges of being the producer of the series is that I have the right as we're finalizing the game's story to then decide where it fits in."
   Aonuma says he is afraid that revealing the official Nintendo timeline would lead future Zelda teams to focus on the story more than the gameplay. "People start to focus in on the storyline and gaps in the timeline," he explains. According to Aonuma's design philosophy this is "a backward way of creating a game." Wish as they might for an official word from on high, fans are probably going to have to keep guessing on the true nature of Zelda's history.

tl;dr There is an official timeline, but we'll never see it.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 02:35:19 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

And he's also said prior to that that there is no timeline.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 03:29:36 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
But here we have a new interview that backs it up. Maybe he's like HEY I'LL LET THEM KNOW THERE IS ONE, BUT I WON'T TELL THEM WHAT IT IS.

It's possible. :D

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:04 am »

And he's also said prior to that that there is no timeline.
Probably meaning there wasn't a time line, but people got so excited over the idea of it Nintendo decided to make one so they could talk about it before releasing it and cause suspense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 72 queries.

anything