Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese 3DS launch titles and Battery Life Announced  (Read 6949 times)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: Japanese 3DS launch titles and Battery Life ...
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 04:43:05 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
That's pretty sad battery life. I will be picking one of these up though. Oot3d is a definite, and the VC is something I wanted when I got my DSi, but never got. It'll be fun to play some classics again. The actual 3D features are worthless to me.

lol agreed, one I think you can play when it is hooked up to the charger, that is if someone is playing it at home or something.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
I watched the Nintendo Europe Event in Amsterdam live through stream a couple of hours ago... and lol'd at the awkward japanese to english translator that accompanied the japanese guests. But other than that it was glorious....
I look forward the most to Oot 3DS and Paper Mario 3DS. (None of them launch titles, meeeeeh!) I actually beat Super Paper Mario for the Wii just yesterday, bought it last week. And yeah, Europe will get the 3DS two days earlier than America. Hehehehe! :D
I find the battery time slightly dubious, I wonder how long the battery time will be if the 3DS is in sleep mode? "Street Pass" functionality and all...
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:39 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
as ridiculous as it may seem, I dont really play my portables on the go. I'll take them to a friends or whatever, or maybe for a car journey, but I dont take them out and about to play. So while I'd prefer a longer battery life, I'm not sweating it too much.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:38 am »
as ridiculous as it may seem, I dont really play my portables on the go. I'll take them to a friends or whatever, or maybe for a car journey, but I dont take them out and about to play. So while I'd prefer a longer battery life, I'm not sweating it too much.
I feel awkward playing with portables in front of people. It makes me feel disconnected. So I wouldn't mind a short battery life for the same reason.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:29 am »

I also only play it at home, but i'm not to spend 3 hours getting into a game only for it to go "LOL CHARGE ME!"

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:00 am »
That lineup will do very well in the Japanese market. May or may not have been a matter of games not being done, but if not then it was a good marketing decision.
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 05:49:44 am »
I feel awkward playing with portables in front of people. It makes me feel disconnected. So I wouldn't mind a short battery life for the same reason.
When I go to my parents, I have a 4 hour ride with public transport. If I have nothing to do during that time, I will be forced to notice the people around me and maybe interact with them. Well, no thank you. And having to recharge the battery after each time sucks. Especially, when you get a few hours delay.

No, I want my handhelds to have a much longer battery life. And a price of between the €250 and €300 is just ridiculous. I could get a home console WITH a game for that price. Does Nintendo get the same mentality as Sony. "People will gladly work overtime, to be able to afford a 3DS!"

Nope, I won't be getting one when it launches.
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 06:38:48 am »
Yes, the pricing. It sucks so bad! When the USD 249.99 price was mentioned, I got all "whoopee", cause that is a bearable sum converted to Swedish Crowns. But then all European retailers just take that "249.99"-sum and sticks a big old expensive "€" on it, and then starts to raise the price from there. It is so ridiculous and shameless! Some retailers are actually asking for sums that, when converted into USD or my local currency, are the effing DOUBLE of the US price. It's goddamn illegal.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:28 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
€200-€300? That's ludicrous... For something that is just 2 gimmicks taped together... Yes, 3D technology is in it's prime, and I'm sure expensive to manufacture, but $350-$400 (for EU, after tax and conversion) for such a minuscule screen? It SHOULD be illegal. Surely they aren't really going to keep that price, and maybe mis-translated the price, or SOMETHING... I'd feel terrible for European gamers...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 08:10:45 am »
LOL is that seriously how much it's gonna cost? That's a joke. You can buy a friggin Netbook for that. I'm not paying that. Rather get myself an Xbox360.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
*is still getting his for the low low cost of 'pretty much free'*

:P Price is no matter to me, and this marriage lacks... blood!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »
How do you get hardware for free? Can you pass on your connections? Are you a pirate? If so, then please get me one for free as well.

..., but $350-$400 (for EU, after tax and conversion) for such a minuscule screen? ...
Actually it is said to be between the €250,- and €300,- This is not raised with any taxes or anything, because in Europe it is custom to mention the prices that include the taxes. Thus when it is going to cost €250,- then the 19% consumer tax is already added. Only household appliances like, refrigerators and washing machines have an additional disposal contribution.

So the only thing that you need to do is the conversion to US dollars. [$336,80 to $404,16 with the current exchange rate]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:10:03 pm by Niek »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 08:17:38 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
How do you get hardware for free? Can you pass on your connections? Are you a pirate? If so, then please get me one for free as well.

..., but $350-$400 (for EU, after tax and conversion) for such a minuscule screen? ...
Actually it is said to be between the €250,- and €300,- This is not raised with any taxes or anything, because in Europe it is custom to mention the prices that include the taxes. Thus when it is going to cost €250,- then the 19% consumer tax is already added. Only household appliances like, refrigerators and washing machines have an additional disposal contribution.

So the only thing that you need to do is the conversion to US dollars. [$336,80 to $404,16 with the current exchange rate]

I have a couple brand new DSi's that still have their original packaging and everything together XD If it's not free after trading those, it'll be less than $50
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:03 pm »
Lucky !@#$%. How did you come by a couple of brand new DSi's anyway? Did they fell of the truck.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 09:03:57 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Lucky !@#$%. How did you come by a couple of brand new DSi's anyway? Did they fell of the truck.

I bought em for Christmas last year, but they didn't get used

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 11:18:29 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.

That's still $350-$400 dollars ;)
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 05:54:58 am »
I know. Europeans are screwed when it comes to pricing.

Mammy, why did you buy them if you don't use them?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 06:01:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Well one was intended to be used and the other was a gift.
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 09:54:49 am »
I'm surprised someone has yet to make a joke abo- *battery dies*
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:58 pm »

Well one was intended to be used and the other was a gift.
You can still gift one to me  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 75 queries.