Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Written Story  (Read 5483 times)

The Legend of Zelda: A Written Story
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:29:25 am »
So is it complete !@#$%?

The Legend of Zelda

Chapter One
   This story takes place in the distant country of Hyrule. Here in Hyrule we have a young man named Link. Link is an orphan who has spent his life training in the art of swordplay and finding true love. Sort of like an average person; but not quite. It was only a few months after Link's nineteenth birthday did he meet a beautiful girl named Impa. This may seem like a strange name to you, but not to Link. Two years later they got engaged. Impa was a very important person in Hyrule. She was the caretaker of Princess Zelda. Link on the other hand, was a teacher. His entire life was spent studying the art of swordplay, and once he had mastered it, he began teaching it to others. It seemed fate had given Link a sword for a reason. Later that year something terrible happened.
   It seems God always makes one mistake or another. In this case his mistake was Ganondorf. A wicked man he was, he used to be a general in the Hylian army. Then he ventured north into the unknown. But on Link's twenty-first birthday, he returned. Impa was in the castle looking after the Princess. Ganondorf had returned to kidnap. But being in the army Ganondorf knew it was not safe to dilly-dally. He would make his offer in a different place, at a different time. But first he needed the Princess. So Ganondorf and his army of moblins stormed the castle. He took Princess Zelda and fled. Impa tried to save her, but she was no match for even the few moblins Ganondorf loosed upon her. They chased her out of town and into the very fields her fiance Link was taking a walk through.
   Link had no idea of why he'd brought his sword with him. Again it seemed it was fate's doing. Just the sight of those man-like boars sent shivers down Link's spine. They were barbarians really. And to see them chasing Link's love set some kind of adrenaline through Link he hardly knew he had. The very idea of using his swordsmanship not for sport but for murder, had never occurred to Link before then. He hesitated at first. But when he heard her cry for help, he ran as fast as he could to catch up. To save Impa.

Chapter Two
   The moblins had caught up to Impa, and begun their raid. One of them knocked her to the ground while the others ripped off anything valuable or shiny. Rings and bracelets, anything to give to their king, Ganondorf. When Link got their they were almost through with her. Link sneaked up behind one of them, could have killed him easily too. But as a swordsman Link knew it was wrong to attack someone while their guard was down. It wouldn't be sportsmanlike at all. Though, in a way, Link felt he should strike first. He was outnumbered first of all. And it wasn't like any of those moblins would hesitate like he did. But he came to the conclusion that he should not strike first, because that is what separates him from them. It's what makes him human. Of course they wouldn't hesitate, humans hesitate. Moblins don't. So instead of striking first, Link instead shouted at them.
   This startled the moblin nearest to Link, who quickly whipped around and struck Link in the face with the flat side of his spear.
'!@#$%,' Link said. Now all the moblins were facing the man, dressed in his green tunic that he often wore while teaching. Such outfits may seem odd or even ridiculous to you, but not to Link. Nor to anyone else in Hyrule. Link then raised his sword and locked blades with one goblin. Link may have lost if he had not been wearing his shiny silver necklace that day. The moblins quickly knocked Link to the ground since their were so many of them and so little of him. They pushed and shoved to snatch the necklace from around his neck. Then once they ran off into the fields, Link shouted after them some rude comment that probably sounded like:
'That's right, you better run!'
   When Impa came to her senses moments later, Link notified her that she was mugged by a gang of moblins. Impa nodded with a false look of astonishment. As if all of this was news to her. Then she thanked Link for saving her, which he replied:
'Of course I did!' And they walked hand in hand back to town. Once there, Impa told Link of Ganondorf's attack on Hyrule Castle, and how Princess Zelda had been kidnapped. Link was shocked and terrified. What could General Ganondorf want with the Princess? It seemed that was the very thing that the King of Hyrule wanted to speak to Link about the next day. He also wanted to ask Link if he would rescue his daughter, hearing of Link's courageous acts and at what great lengths he went to, to save Impa.

Chapter Three
   After Link was done meeting with the King of Hyrule, he had learned of the Triforce. There were three parts to the Triforce. When Hyrule was created, the three pieces of it were entrusted to three different families across Hyrule. The Triforce of Power was entrusted to the Dragmire family. When the current keeper of that Triforce piece dies, his next of kin will inherit the secret without their knowledge of it. Ganondorf Dragmire had killed his father for the Triforce of Power. Since he was the next of kin, he became the next keeper. If one is a keeper of a Triforce piece, a triangle will appear on the back of your right hand. Of course Link thought this was only a birthmark. When Link's parents died, he became the next keeper of the Triforce of Courage. And Princess Zelda's mother died, making her the next keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom. Ganondorf knew that a surefire way of taking over Hyrule, would be to control the entire Triforce. Once he learned that Princess Zelda had it, it was only a matter of time before he came to her. Luckily, Impa wasn't some half-wit who was not trusted by the royal family. She was told of the Triforce's power. When Ganondorf came to kidnap Princess Zelda, Impa took the Triforce of Wisdom and fled. Unfortunately that was one of those shiny things the moblins took back to Ganondorf. Pleased at this discovery, Ganondorf worried that somebody would come to rescue the Princess and take back the Triforce of Wisdom. So Ganon made a plan to keep the Princess locked up, and the Triforce safe and hidden. That is, until he found the Triforce of Courage.
   His plan was to shatter the Triforce into eight pieces, and scatter them across Hyrule in underground dungeons, guarded by ferocious monsters. Once he did this, he made it so that his home on Death Mountain was sealed by the power of the Triforce of Wisdom. If one did not possess all eight Triforce shards, they could not enter Spectacle Rock, Ganon's home. Fortunately for Princess Zelda, the King of Hyrule had spies within Ganon's ranks. One moblin spy reported this news back to the King of Hyrule within a matter of hours. And so Link was asked if he would collect the fragments of the Triforce of Wisdom, and rescue Princess Zelda. He reluctantly agreed.

Chapter Four
   The quest ahead of Link was long and difficult. Traversing the expansive Hyrule Field, Link found himself drawn to a large dead tree with a staircase inside it leading down underground. The tree was resting on a rock floating in the center of Lake Hylia. Curious as to what was inside, Link ventured in. He battled many foes and found items such as a bow without arrows. After a while Link found the guardian of the first fragment of the Triforce of Wisdom. It was a great dragon with a single horn that shot... mean beams as the instruction manual called them. Link went up to slash the horn, thinking for some reason that must be it's weak spot. Aquamentus the dragon was quick to slash Link in the throat and then continue to feast on his dying body until he was a pile of bones. Aquamentus grinned a sinister grin. How had he come across such power? Even just one eighth of the Triforce of Wisdom could give somebody immense powers if used correctly. Aquamentus had taken the very Triforce piece he was guarding. Now, he was going after Ganondorf himself.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:31:39 pm by Moldrill »

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Written Story
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:46:23 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
When did Christianity reach Hyrule? I kid, I kid.

Anyway, it's pretty decent. I can't say that it's especially original, but hey, now LoZ can have an actual story behind it. Oh, and can you not make Link sound like such a douche? Thanks.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:47:53 am »
The narrator is from Earth ok? ::)

Edit: Chapter 3 up. I'm going to end at Chapter 5, I'm sick of writing this.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:50:30 am by Moldrill »
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:43:42 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Should this be in the WIP place?

Impa and Link? But Impa is like Zelda's mother... and Zelda is normally Link's age?

Dilly-dally?

God? I thought Hylians were about three Godesses...

Unsportsman like? So now killing people is a sport? You should say not honourable.

That's right you better run? A rude comment? Wow... you must be offended deeply when I say !@#$%

yeah, there are a few holes and so on but generally it's fine
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:05:53 pm »
1. Impa and Link? But Impa is like Zelda's mother... and Zelda is normally Link's age?

2. Dilly-dally?

3. God? I thought Hylians were about three Godesses...

4. Unsportsman like? So now killing people is a sport? You should say not honourable.

5. That's right you better run? A rude comment? Wow... you must be offended deeply when I say !@#$%

1. Impa's not Zelda's mother! Source please. >_>
2. Yeah. Dilly-dally. Got a problem? :P
3. Hylians are about three Goddesses. But the narrator who is from Earth is a monotheist.
4. Swordplay is a sport. Striking someone when their guard down is unsportsmanlike. That's the first time he has used his sword to really attack somebody, so he wasn't thinking about it as honorable.
5. I don't share the same opinions as the narrator I am writing as. I'm not offended at all when you or anybody else says '!@#$%'.

I'm sick of writing this. I think Link going to get a game over in the first dungeon. :P
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:18:36 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oh, and can you not make Link sound like such a douche? Thanks.

Wellll excuuuuuuse me Princess!

Anyways, Fan Fics are boring.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 03:27:08 pm »
Oh, and can you not make Link sound like such a douche? Thanks.

Wellll excuuuuuuse me Princess!

Anyways, Fan Fics are boring.

Yeah but I felt like writing it so !@#$% you. :P
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 03:32:50 pm »
Alright, I'm finished. I decided to end it with a plot twist. What do you guys think? ;)
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 04:10:13 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
He died to WAY to quickly. Very terrible for a story, seriously.

That wasn't even a chapter either, that was just a quick attempt to end something you've given up on.

Also fairy comes, Link kills Aquamentus, etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 05:24:15 pm »
That wasn't even a chapter either, that was just a quick attempt to end something you've given up on.

Obviously.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 05:27:30 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Obviously.

Well at least make it interesting or don't even finish it. I'd rather you not finish it then add an even stupider ending to an already stupid fan fic.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 05:41:36 pm »

Obviously.

Well at least make it interesting or don't even finish it. I'd rather you not finish it then add an even stupider ending to an already stupid fan fic.

Boo-hoo. It's just a fan-fic so get over it.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 05:51:06 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

You're just mad cause it's a terrible story and you know it.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 05:59:02 pm »

You're just mad cause it's a terrible story and you know it.

I'm not mad. I felt like writing, yet I could not come up with any ideas of my own at the time. So I wrote a fan-fiction. After I wrote the first and second chapter I realized what a terrible story it was turning out to be. I also realized that I no longer felt like writing, especially a fan-fiction. So I ended it as quickly as possible.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 09:20:43 pm »
  • b e p i s
Yeah, never write fan fiction. Ever. You will never become a good writer by doing that.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 10:20:52 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Rules clearly state that projects require 4 screenshots, and truely this isn't a project so much as a fan-fiction so moved to Ideas/Concepts.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 10:28:04 am »
Rules clearly state that projects require 4 screenshots, and truely this isn't a project so much as a fan-fiction so moved to Ideas/Concepts.

:'( Stop moving my terrible fan-fiction around. I think it was fine in other discussion.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:21:13 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
You had it posted in WIP...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:43 am »
You had it posted in WIP...
I'll just put this here for clarification, but Bludleef had moved it to WIP before you moved it out of there to here.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:06 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I see...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 75 queries.

anything