Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Hero DS. Screens, Video and Info. You won't believe it..  (Read 6848 times)

luigi

MoFD
Re: Guitar Hero DS. Screens, Video and Info. You...
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 02:29:30 am »
I just got guitar hero right before exams and I've played it before that. Now that I actually got it after so long, I'm so into now. And it comes out near summer which is good because I go up north and play DS all the time. I'm so looking forward to this.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 02:34:53 am »
this is pretty much the best way it could be done on the DS, so I think it's fine.
Not gonna get it, but it's not as bad as you guys are saying
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 02:46:11 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
this is pretty much the best way it could be done on the DS, so I think it's fine.

The best is still !@#$%. Holding it in front of you is boring and stupid. This would work better as Accordion hero.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 03:06:57 am »
so pretend it's accordion hero, who cares.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 07:14:00 am »

Yeah, this is true.  For a handheld version this is about as good as it gets, but wouldn't you agree that it defeats the purpose for all but the most dedicated GH players?  I really see no better way of doing a portable GH, and it looks like it would be comfortable enough to play like that...I just wouldn't ever touch it.  Yeah, there's multiplayer, but I want to hold a REAL fake guitar, not a Fake fake guitar, lol.

Give credit where credit is due I suppose, it does look like they tried and did a good job with the peripheral. I'm sure a lot of people will end up getting this, it's just not anything for me. *shrugs*
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 07:44:58 am »
  • Silly cat!
I think I'll join the small camp of excited Guitar Heroes.

I have to admit, yes, I was excited when I first saw this. Yeah, I think it's sort of dumb, yes, I think it defeats the purpose of why of Guitar Hero was initially designed. But so what? Ever played Jam Sessions? Great game. Sure, it's not like playing a real guitar, but I think this game is taking advantage of what the DS can do, it looks like a sweet little peripheral, and, it could end up being pretty fun to play.

It's not like playing Guitar Hero was ever like playing a real guitar anyway. If comfort isn't an issue, I'll probably pick this up.

I'm sort of surprised everyone else wasn't excited to see this. I think my opinion on so-called "hardcore" gamers just decreased even more.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:48:18 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 08:25:24 am »
I'm sort of surprised everyone else wasn't excited to see this. I think my opinion on so-called "hardcore" gamers just decreased even more.

Really?  Rhythm games, (as a genre), are borderline casual IMO.  They take skill and practice, true, but so does Halo.  While Halo fits the typical description of what a "hardcore" gamer would play, the majority of the "hardcore" players, (in my experience), play nothing else outside of Halo, GH, and Madden.  While that's technically a gamer, a person who refuses to even try anything that isn't absolutely mainstream shouldn't consider themselves to be anything more than a hardcore-casual gamer.

That's just my opinion based on personal experience, (within a small town), and each of the games I mentioned can obviously be played and enjoyed by even the most extreme "hardcore" gamer, or anyone else for that matter.  I do agree that the so-called "hardcore" gamers are pretty low on my respect list.  Almost all self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers that I know fit the description I described above, refusing to even try anything that isn't a popular FPS, sports game, or GH/RB.

EDIT:
I forgot to list GTA3-SA as games that "hardcore" gamers are willing to play.  My bad. :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:58:45 am by Domo »
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:41 am »
Be better if you didn't have to strum. I'll probably go nuts.
the a o d c

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 09:30:20 am »
  • Silly cat!

Really?  Rhythm games, (as a genre), are borderline casual IMO.  They take skill and practice, true, but so does Halo.  While Halo fits the typical description of what a "hardcore" gamer would play, the majority of the "hardcore" players, (in my experience), play nothing else outside of Halo, GH, and Madden.  While that's technically a gamer, a person who refuses to even try anything that isn't absolutely mainstream shouldn't consider themselves to be anything more than a hardcore-casual gamer.

That's just my opinion based on personal experience, (within a small town), and each of the games I mentioned can obviously be played and enjoyed by even the most extreme "hardcore" gamer, or anyone else for that matter.  I do agree that the so-called "hardcore" gamers are pretty low on my respect list.  Almost all self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers that I know fit the description I described above, refusing to even try anything that isn't a popular FPS, sports game, or GH/RB.

EDIT:
I forgot to list GTA3-SA as games that "hardcore" gamers are willing to play.  My bad. :D
No, you misunderstood my comment :P. The gamers complaining about Guitar Hero: On Tour (i.e. most of you) are the "hardcore gamers" to which my opinion has worsened :P.

Guitar Hero is a casual game, yes, and they'll be the ones buying this game, it seems.

Hoffy.
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 09:40:55 am »
yeh, this is a pretty textbook example of hardcore gamer douchery

see, casual gamers will most likely love GHDS, they'll see it's guitar hero on DS and it's pretty much the best way it can be done.
hardcore gamers just look at it and say that it's ruined some amazing experience and blah blah blah

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:04 pm »
  • b e p i s

see, casual gamers will most likely love GHDS, they'll see it's guitar hero on DS and it's pretty much the best way it can be done.
hardcore gamers just look at it and say that it's ruined some amazing experience and blah blah blah

I don't even consider myself hardcore, but I just think this idea is silly. Why does there need to be a portable Guitar Hero? Maybe I'm just missing the point.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 02:12:40 pm »

I don't even consider myself hardcore, but I just think this idea is silly. Why does there need to be a portable Guitar Hero? Maybe I'm just missing the point.
Well look at it from the developers side! Guitar Hero is a hype, and the DS userbase is very large and still growing. Plus its pretty cheap to develop on a DS.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 02:51:24 pm »
It defeats what GH is all about! Playing on a plastic guitar, not on a small box with 4 buttons.

to

Well look at it from the developers side! Guitar Hero is a hype, and the DS userbase is very large and still growing. Plus its pretty cheap to develop on a DS.

lol wut?
and it looks pretty cool for something to do when awesome.
or bored.

or bawesome.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:31 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!

No. Guitar Hero was popular because it was an okay Guitar Simulation. Hitting buttons accoring to what flying colors come at you isn't exactly the world's greatest gameplay concept.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
  • Oh.
Haha.  Funny.  I was thinking about taking apart my PSP's headphone adapter (To control music in the PSP interface) and making something similar in a homebrew game.  Heh.  Thats when I saw this news.
Hm.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 02:22:38 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
This game is going to be AMAZING. XD I know all you !@#$%-gamers are like,"This game is gay it's just hitting buttons and strumming". WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ORIGINAL WAS?! Ooh so it has a stick for the buttons. Give it up assholes. :(
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 02:24:08 am »
This game is going to be AMAZING. XD I know all you !@#$%-gamers are like,"This game is gay it's just hitting buttons and strumming". WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ORIGINAL WAS?! Ooh so it has a stick for the buttons. Give it up assholes. :(

You're just in denial.

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 02:37:14 am »
  • w00t
No. Guitar Hero was popular because it was an okay Guitar Simulation. Hitting buttons accoring to what flying colors come at you isn't exactly the world's greatest gameplay concept.

It worked for Stepmania.  And, more importantly, Amplitude, without which we probably wouldn't have Guitar Hero in the first place.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 03:36:09 am »

Uh...Dance Dance?Para Rappa(I dont remember the name)?

I was thinking that making the add-on for both the Phat and Lite could be possible via claiming it.
The could sell the Lite version straight out for stores and !@#$%...
Then have the Phat version either just able to get with a claim code that comes from just a copy of the game with no add-on included or they could take orders/sell them at game stores...

Or just make the game separate and sell the button add-on as extra for like $20 for either version...
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 11:10:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
EDIT:

Original post deleted (didnt see all pics);

looks like they could pull it off I suppose <_<
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:12:52 am by Mamoruanime »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 77 queries.