Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Down Time  (Read 13331 times)

Re: Down Time
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 03:48:53 pm »
  • Minalien
Yeah, and so are the government officials of the US, but you see how well that works out ;)

Anyways, I actually agree with Tim. It really doesn't seem like a community project, just as ZFGC SDK doesn't really seem to be that way either
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 03:53:36 pm »
just as ZFGC SDK doesn't really seem to be that way either
The difference is, ZFGSDK isn't meant to be one, rather its just a project that happens to be open source :P.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 04:05:48 pm »
  • b e p i s
DISCLAIMER: Not all of the administration agreed with the decision to move the Community Project.
Dantz, that really doesn't help with staff cohesion you know :P.

Okay...

SECOND DISCLAIMER: It was a majority decision.
The staff are meant to show a united front you !@#$% :P. No matter what individuals opinions are.

Yeah, but it really was a majority decision...so I don't really see how that's a bad thing :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:55 pm »
The big complaint for me is the links and nearly all the text on the site are white on a white background.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 04:22:03 pm »
  • Minalien
White on White? How are you getting that? o.O
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 04:29:07 pm »
Ctrl+F5, you probably have an outdated style sheet.

EDIT: Whoops my bad, forgot to reset everyones themes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:30:48 pm by Infini »
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
  • Minalien
SMOOTH GOING, TIM :|

I blame you for everything that goes wrong from this point forward. :D

• Development Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:37 pm »
SMOOTH GOING, TIM :|

I blame you for everything that goes wrong from this point forward. :D
:( *cries in corner*
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 04:35:30 pm »
  • Minalien
Go cut yourself, emo kid <3

Anyways, back on a serious note. Are you planning to make the entire template for the site wider, or just the forums?

• Development Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 04:38:27 pm »
  • Minalien
Also (posting this as a reply, rather than an edit, in case you're in the process of responding), are you planning on changing the way user profiles look? The generic SMF one is kinda... bland. Although it's not a big deal, I think things similar to how IPB updated their profile system looks nice, and would be an interesting addition at a later time.

• Development Blog
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 04:51:18 pm »
Also (posting this as a reply, rather than an edit, in case you're in the process of responding), are you planning on changing the way user profiles look? The generic SMF one is kinda... bland. Although it's not a big deal, I think things similar to how IPB updated their profile system looks nice, and would be an interesting addition at a later time.
One thing at a time MiN :P. My next priority is getting zfgcapi up and running.
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 05:02:29 pm »
(Not to but heads here)

But I don't think that Dantz was an Administrator at the time. :p

That aside, the new site looks sexy.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 09:27:19 pm »
Hmm... Why is the community project in the archives?
Because the admins fet that it dosen't have any of the traits of a community project. Its more of a private project that just happens to be using the tallent of some of the zfgc members. We've explained this to the main staff of the CP and have given them several weeks to clean everything up, I've just moved it there until they decide what to do.

I like the new look so far... except that big advertisement on the right. It takes too much place!
I actually thinks it takes up the right amount of space. Though I need to widen everything else, as the forum is getting a bit squashed.

How does the ZFGCSDK or whatever it's called have the traits of a community project more than ZFGCCP?
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »
Hmm... Why is the community project in the archives?
Because the admins fet that it dosen't have any of the traits of a community project. Its more of a private project that just happens to be using the tallent of some of the zfgc members. We've explained this to the main staff of the CP and have given them several weeks to clean everything up, I've just moved it there until they decide what to do.

I like the new look so far... except that big advertisement on the right. It takes too much place!
I actually thinks it takes up the right amount of space. Though I need to widen everything else, as the forum is getting a bit squashed.

How does the ZFGCSDK or whatever it's called have the traits of a community project more than ZFGCCP?
When did I say it did? I actually said, and I quote: "ZFGSDK isn't meant to be one".
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Personally I think the ZFGCCP (already seems to be done), the SDK and the API board should be sub-boards of a board. I mean there are tons of boards x_x

Edit: Actually maybe the API stays since it's important to the site and all.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 09:33:02 pm »
Personally I think the ZFGCCP (already seems to be done), the SDK and the API board should be sub-boards of a board. I mean there are tons of boards x_x

They are subboards of a seperate 'site projects' board. But I agree, I can probably strim it down a bit and place put them as child boards of another board.
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:04 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

They are subboards of a seperate 'site projects' board. But I agree, I can probably strim it down a bit and place put them as child boards of another board.

Child boards. That's the word I was meaning XD
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 09:47:48 pm »
I love the new update and the theme but don't take me wrong, too much green if you ask me, I think it would be better to have the logo and some other minor stuff(like the green text for example) in different color.
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 10:16:57 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I love the new update and the theme but don't take me wrong, too much green if you ask me, I think it would be better to have the logo and some other minor stuff(like the green text for example) in different color.

I don't like the green text either.  And the logo might look good in silver rather than green.
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 10:21:56 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I was thinking maybe not a solid black, but a lighter black. Maybe a greenish black like this.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 76 queries.