Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Moderators  (Read 12014 times)

Re: New Moderators
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 10:40:06 pm »
Thanks for picking me, I hope I can do a good job :D.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:19 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Thanks for picking me, I hope I can do a good job :D.

Oh, you WILL do a good job or I'll turn this damn bus around.

Anyways, Congrats guys.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:10 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
We've chosen the following users for a pool of 30 or so applications as new moderators. They are currently on a trial run, if everthing goes well they will be permanent mods for the time being.

Bludleaf
Darklight
DJVenom
Walnut1000

If you didn't get chosen. Sorry, try again next time.
I like the choice of Darklight, he seems respectable and probably able to mod well.  The other three are okay, I guess. I agree with Pyru that they don't really seem to be on that much and I personally haven't found them to play a large role in the community (right now). but it's your choice and I hope it was good.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 10:58:39 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Hmm... Interesting.

It's walnut100 BTW :P

To the haters: Give it some time to pan out, it's temporary for a reason. Trial basis and the like, ya know?
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 11:02:05 pm »
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 11:03:31 pm »
You should post in this board: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?board=271.0
There is already a topic in the staff boards explaining this. That was unneccessary.
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:50 pm »
Oh, I did not know that as I cannot see the staff boards.  But in all honesty, the majority of your posts in this topic are the unnecessary ones.
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:11 pm »
Oh, I did not know that as I cannot see the staff boards.  But in all honesty, the majority of your posts in this topic are the unnecessary ones.
I just felt like letting of a bit of steam with the way zfgc always criticises almost immediately on any discision without giving any usefull advice. Though to be fair, it really dosen't matter what you think.
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:16 pm »
I just remember a topic being put up in the staff section and some of the old moderators who are now no more not posting their profiles after two to three weeks even though at that time you had an accompanying news item that displayed at the top of the forum about it.  I figured that it would be good to point it out if they were as blind as the other ones.

The best advice always sounds negative but has an accurate message.  It would be useful it they put their profiles up and that they would be reminded of it if they had not known about it already.  It doesn't matter what I think, this is only what rational thought is.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 11:17:49 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Wow I got picked thanks!! I will do my best to follow the moderation guidelines. On that thought better go read those again. Also, congrats to DJ, Wally , and Darklight

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 11:31:18 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
To be fair, it really dosen't matter what you think.
Maybe this is a problem? Perhaps there should be some level of democracy to ZFGC. Certain decisions could be made by the regular members. For example, the color of the text. If enough people disagree with an administrative decision, they can veto it. From what I've observed, member input is rarely, if ever taken seriously.

Off topic more or less, but if I were in charge, my first priority would be advertising ZFGC and getting us some new blood around here. 95% of regular members here are just people from the old days who are still around. The actual "Fan Game" part of ZFGC's name may as well be removed, nobody makes Zelda Fan Games any more. And the ones who do rarely even get to the first demo.
Not to mention, so many of the current members are all like "OMG GAME MAKER IS FOR TEH KIDDEYS I'VE MOVED ONTO C++ OR SOME SHIZ" and lord knows nobody ever finishes any fan games (besides mini-games) in anything other than GM or occasionally MMF.

/end rant

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 11:38:40 pm »
Maybe this is a problem? Perhaps there should be some level of democracy to ZFGC. Certain decisions could be made by the regular members.
I've actually suggested this numerous times. Hell I even suggested electing mods. People just !@#$% at me for suggesting things like that though :S.

If enough people disagree with an administrative decision, they can veto it.
Problem is its mostly just trolls who would vote against the admins, most of the normal members probably would ignore any topics made about it.

From what I've observed, member input is rarely, if ever taken seriously.
*sigh* Actually it is, quite seriously. Its just when we act on it we rarely publicise it.

The actual "Fan Game" part of ZFGC's name may as well be removed, nobody makes Zelda Fan Games any more. And the ones who do rarely even get to the first demo.
Tried suggesting that hundreds of times. People keep trying to murder me every time I do.

Not to mention, so many of the current members are all like "OMG GAME MAKER IS FOR TEH KIDDEYS I'VE MOVED ONTO C++ OR SOME SHIZ" and lord knows nobody ever finishes any fan games (besides mini-games) in anything other than GM or occasionally MMF.
Theres about the same amount completed in RAD tools as there are in any programming language.
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 11:41:03 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
The actual "Fan Game" part of ZFGC's name may as well be removed, nobody makes Zelda Fan Games any more. And the ones who do rarely even get to the first demo.
Tried suggesting that hundreds of times. People keep trying to murder me every time I do.

I refer (as many others probably do) to this site as just ZFGC, not "Zelda Fan Game Central".

I say we keep the letters, lose the name.

We'll get like IGN or some !@#$%.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 11:43:13 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

I refer (as many others probably do) to this site as just ZFGC, not "Zelda Fan Game Central".

I say we keep the letters, lose the name.

We'll get like IGN or some !@#$%.
I agree.

(Though i hate IGN...but that's not the topic at hand)
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 12:08:43 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
In any case, congrats to the new moderators, everyone should probably give them a bit of time to settle in to the new positions, I can imagine it would be hard knowing what to move and classify as spam and such and what not to do, I wish all of them luck.

Also, voting for new moderators seems to me like a bad idea, I think it'd turn into a popularity contest, and untrustworthy people would be put into positions of power. I trust that Infini will make the right choices when it comes to decisions such as these.

Also, let's not turn this into one of the 'the future of ZFGC' topics, mmkay?
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 12:12:33 am »
I can imagine it would be hard knowing what to move and classify as spam and such and what not to do, I wish all of them luck.
walnut100 spammed for a while as BuffaloBurgers in the past and DJvenom at one point spammed to a point of getting banned for it.  Believe me, they know what spam is.
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 12:24:38 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Guys, any more complaining about the mod picks and I'll lock this topic, leaving it for discussion via AIM, email, chat, other methods. We, as a collective, don't need it here, and it's more than likely going to devolve into a stupid argument. Give it some time and settle. Last warning.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 12:29:41 am »
Yeah, 2/4 of the picks may be old schoolers with mod experience, but that's probably half the reason they were picked. They know how to do a good job. Congratulations all of you.
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 12:30:28 am »
but that's probably half the reason they were picked.
... Yeh, that was why *shifty eyes* ...
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 12:36:02 am »
but that's probably half the reason they were picked.
... Yeh, that was why *shifty eyes* ...
Well, I'd rather have Wally or DJ than Moldrill... no offense to Moldrill intended.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 76 queries.