Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Organization Changes  (Read 21489 times)

Re: Organization Changes
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 07:36:54 pm »
The funny part is, I've left the community part of the forum untouched.. All I did was remove Other Discussion, and put Tech Talk in public view.. Debates could probably still be had in Community Speak as long as they're remotely civil.. I'm just minimizing boards, that's the thing I don't get.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:20 pm »
Dracon:

THIS IS NOT DSR (Just in case you weren't aware).
Its gonna end up being the next DSR though...

FISSURE, I don't enjoy the community. I think it's a giant waste of 20 dollars a month. All I see is people with hurt feelings, people yelling at each other, people whining about !@#$%, I don't see anything that the purpose of this forum is for, which is game development.
Yet a lot of people do enjoy the community. this wont push people to develop games, this will just make people leave.

I think I drew the line when LynkW died. Sure he was annoying, but who isn't at a young age? We all were (aside from maybe Kirby). But the disrespect this community has even in the death of one of our members? The only reason a lot of us are here is to troll and cause problems. I'd rather see this place be productive and healthy than a pile of crap.

Was it ever official that he did kill himself? And even then, there wasn't any attacks against him, I know on my part there weren't anyway.

I understand how it's like 'cutting out the guts', but perhaps the guts need to be earned back by people who give a !@#$%, not about people who don't do anything to bring the community along. -- Fissure you were a driving force back in the day, what happened to that?
As for earning this all back? Why? People aren't going to post there games just to earn the right to have a debate or to post in other discussion...

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Because even if any of the games were actually completed, it would take a awhile if they were good. It seems a lot of the game makers don't really have that much time to put into making a complete game. Never the less one that is actually good, depending on the type of game and such.

I think you completely missed my point, and I mean this in the nicest way possible. A game does not need to be complete for people to play it and critique on how it could be better. For example, I'd been helping Ahmio's OoT2D project on here and it has been getting better. It's not even near completion, but the guy's getting help from peers.

It's understandable that people don't exactly have the time to complete a game, but the point of a development forum is to help. It's all about the experience of making a game, and the help along the way. If a game actually gets completed, then awesome! The game creator needs people to test their games, even if they're not completed.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:17 pm »
The Big Question Archive didn't get deleted right, it is under the Announcements board now, but thanks for making the fix.

And also, I know that the community projects will be subject to new guidelines.  I had wanted to get to work early so that these guidelines could have been met prior to all of this, so that there would be a sort of example for people to copy, but oh well.  As for the community projects being limited, just because I had a different opinion about this previously, it doesn't mean that I can't try it your way.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:11 pm »
Because even if any of the games were actually completed, it would take a awhile if they were good. It seems a lot of the game makers don't really have that much time to put into making a complete game. Never the less one that is actually good, depending on the type of game and such.

I think you completely missed my point, and I mean this in the nicest way possible. A game does not need to be complete for people to play it and critique on how it could be better. For example, I'd been helping Ahmio's OoT2D project on here and it has been getting better. It's not even near completion, but the guy's getting help from peers.

It's understandable that people don't exactly have the time to complete a game, but the point of a development forum is to help. It's all about the experience of making a game, and the help along the way. If a game actually gets completed, then awesome! The game creator needs people to test their games, even if they're not completed.

Good point.

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 07:42:55 pm »
I think she said that best. I tried saying it earlier.

Fixing that board issue now 4Sword, I think I hit the wrong button (duh?).

Anyway, there will still be changes, like I said, lots of tweaking to be done... input is welcome, screaming isn't.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:18 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Dracon:

THIS IS NOT DSR (Just in case you weren't aware).
Its gonna end up being the next DSR though...

If by that you mean ZFGC could die DSR's death, then yes.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 07:47:34 pm »
Look, all Vash is trying to do is get rid of the spam in the community boards and lower the game cancellation rate in the WIP boards. He isn't really saying get off your lazy asses and make games, he's saying to help those who are. How much time does it really take to download a game demo, play it, note some issues, then post about it? Ten minutes tops. Seriously, it's impossible to make a complete game in 10 minutes, but surely there's enough of your precious time left to at least help others who request some assistance.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 07:50:06 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
It's not like giving candy to 8 year olds that do their homework. We had a good thing going in the forums, and people were enjoying it. It wasn't really stopping the fangames from being made. Why take away something we all liked?
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Jeod

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 07:51:10 pm »
It's not like giving candy to 8 year olds that do their homework. We had a good thing going in the forums, and people were enjoying it. It wasn't really stopping the fangames from being made. Why take away something we all liked?

Because everyone was too busy wrestling with eachother in the community forums to notice a request for help. Nobody helps and reviews the game, it doesn't get better, then dies.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:17 pm »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:39 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
http://www.zfgc.com/chat/

There's your Off Topic board. GO GO OG
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:22 pm »

Because everyone was too busy wrestling with eachother in the community forums to notice a request for help. Nobody helps and reviews the game, it doesn't get better, then dies.

Or because the majority of the forum is no longer interested in it?

Look, all Vash is trying to do is get rid of the spam in the community boards and lower the game cancellation rate in the WIP boards. He isn't really saying get off your lazy asses and make games, he's saying to help those who are. How much time does it really take to download a game demo, play it, note some issues, then post about it? Ten minutes tops. Seriously, it's impossible to make a complete game in 10 minutes, but surely there's enough of your precious time left to at least help others who request some assistance.

No that IS Vashs intentions yes, but you cant remove nearly half of what makes this community and expect us to whole heartedly carry on happily...

Jeod

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 07:58:25 pm »
Bert, if you really think that the community was a place everyone enjoyed, then...

Vash, might I make a suggestion? Since everyone seems angered over this, what would you and the others say about reinstating some of the missed forums for a few days? If they can show the admins and mods that they can 'enjoy' the forum without every topic becoming an argument or flame war or trolling, then perhaps the forums can be kept.

Just a suggestion...

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 08:00:24 pm »
I don't know what forums they're missing. :p Tech-Talk is still there.. the only other one gone is Forum-Games, which was a lively waste of space really.

Other Discussion? Things that aren't boarderline spam could be posted in Community Speak..
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 08:04:32 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I agree with Vash. He kept Community Speak open.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 08:05:07 pm »
Bert, if you really think that the community was a place everyone enjoyed, then...

Vash, might I make a suggestion? Since everyone seems angered over this, what would you and the others say about reinstating some of the missed forums for a few days? If they can show the admins and mods that they can 'enjoy' the forum without every topic becoming an argument or flame war or trolling, then perhaps the forums can be kept.

Just a suggestion...

Or y'know you could ask the community what they enjoyed; how it was before. Or this.

A lot of people ill no longer have a place here because they are not (or no longer) interested in Game Design...why punish these people for staying?

I don't know what forums they're missing. :p Tech-Talk is still there.. the only other one gone is Forum-Games, which was a lively waste of space really.

Other Discussion? Things that aren't boarderline spam could be posted in Community Speak..

The rules for Community Speak Dictate otherwise though.
With other discussion it kept they things relating to the community away from the things that didn't...
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:32 pm »
We just had two topics in feedback, one by Pyra and one by Jeod.. where a lot of this stuff was discussed.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:11 pm »
Changes are nice, imo. However, there are too many resources boards, and it's kinda of cluttering up the place. You have Audio Resource forum, a Graphics Resource forum, and then a Resource Forum for all resources...

To solve some issues here, maybe you could change "Community Speak" into a "General Discussion" board?

Edit - Also, maybe move the recruitment board to the Projects category? Though I guess people can be resources too, huh? :P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:17:41 pm by D-Pad »

Jeod

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 08:17:49 pm »
Changes are nice, imo. However, there are too many resources boards, and it's kinda of cluttering up the place. You have Audio Resource forum, a Graphics Resource forum, and then a Resource Forum for all resources...

To solve some issues here, maybe you could change "Community Speak" into a "General Discussion" board?

Good point. Either get rid of the all resources forum or get rid of graphics and music. We don't need both. If you combine graphics and music then we can get rid of some clutter and also get rid of the all resources forum. That leaves...

Templates and Tutorials
Audio and Graphics
Development Discussion
Recruitment

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 73 queries.

anything