Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Changes Do You Want?  (Read 15099 times)

gm112

Re: What Changes Do You Want?
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2009, 05:42:13 am »
^^ Oh. That's old news, etc. As told by the hairy balls and e-penis, it's apathy.
ZFGC.com
 + Talking
 + Game Making
+Crying about apathy and stuff
^This 20000x
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2009, 05:45:09 am »
<_<;; Just go to the CA thread in CS, as told by the !@#$% and vagina :P

Lol I love !@#$% and vaginas ;P btw! don't you think that those groups are like hmm virus? or sickness? they will keep appearing no matter what ;p.
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2009, 07:48:42 am »
less forums overall- goddamn look at this mess

and maybe a spam forum that works the way mfgg's ccc does- promotes activity and rule obeying while giving the members a little fun (no bans for 2 months and 200+ posts gives you access, getting banned means 2 months with no access, etc.)
I agree on the boards. We have 62 a the moment :S. Kinda excessive.

However not sure about spam, we've tried it many different times in different ways, always splits the community. :S. Happy to have some off topic boards with lax rules though.
well I don't exactly mean spam. I mean stupid meme spurting and afsafsafsafdfasdf posts over and over aren't cool. but a much more laid back forum would be nice- I mean overall and a specific forum with relaxed rules.

I am glad that you guys are thinking about shortening the forum list though, ZFGC has always had way too many forums to distribute its activity properly.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 02:09:47 am »
There are many reasons why I am not an active member of this community anymore, but most of which has nothing to do with the community itself.

I guess I originally joined this community because I, like many others, was a huge fan of TRM's Ocarina of Time 2d project. That was what initially motivated me to join this community, yet oddly enough I became more active when ZFGC became more focused on individual projects as opposed to one single game. Why? Honestly, I can't say for sure. There were many established fan communities that I could have just as easily joined.

But I can answer the reason why I became an inactive member of this community.

The primary reason I lost interest in this forum was my loss of interest in the Zelda series, and gaming in general. This community has always been big on fan game development, especially when it comes to the Zelda series. I enjoyed being an active member here, but I grew tired of how projects here never got finished. The community has always had some form of general discussion forums, but their activity seems to come and go. Obviously this community is going to remain focused on the Legend of Zelda, so what I would like to see is a place to discuss the series, as opposed to the fan games. The only problem with this idea is that it seems to be difficult to keep general discussions about a series on topic.

Another factor in my declined activity is keeping up with my education and job. I find that I rarely have free time to browse online websites and forums anymore; even now I should be finishing some homework. Again, this is an issue that the community, nor the administrators, can do anything about. It's just one of those things we all must do.

I guess a third reason why I'm not very active here anymore is because I feel detached from the community. I doubt anybody here remembers me from the good ol' days of ZFGC, aside from a select few who aren't active members of the forums.

I guess the important question, however, is what would make me a more active member of this community. And to that, I don't have an answer. Most of the reasons why I am not an active member have nothing to do with the community or the members, but rather my loss of interest in Fan Games and Zelda development; the core of this community.

I'm not sure if I will ever be an active member of this community again. But I do know one thing; this was amongst my favorite communities back in the day, and I'll never forget it. I hope that no matter what happens, this community remains true to the Zelda series. I would hate to see one of my favorite communities of old change because they feel a more general community would attract more members. It never was about the number of members. It was about the dedication our community had to the Zelda series.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2009, 02:19:59 am »
*nods in agreement* I wasn't here in the old days, sad to say. I might have enjoyed the place much more. A few years back I had created a Zelda discussion forum called Dungeon Investigation Squad, with the intent being to rip apart all the existing Zelda games from story to gameplay elements, just to find out any secrets that were untold. We did find some interesting things, truth me told, but over the span of two years the members lost interest.

ZFGC reminds me of my old DIS. Some faithful members and I tried three times to resurrect it, but knowledge was already too advanced. Zelda had run out of fresh juice, and I suppose you could sum it down to a shriveled, useless lemon. We tried moving to Mario, Sonic, Metroid, and all the other popular games. None were as mysterious as Zelda, though.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there really isn't much left to do with the Zelda series besides make our own legends and stories. Sure, we could start hecking ROMs and speculate theories, but most of that is already done. Sqeezing a lemon with no juice will hardly make any lemonade.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 46 queries.