Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3 2010  (Read 18483 times)

Re: z3 2010
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2010, 01:50:16 am »
The news item on the forum index will be left there from now until then, and procedures related to the event will be posted periodically leading up to it. All of that and some other things should keep everyone aware of it. There really hasn't been a bunch of z3 events either, we're going to try and have this one be good though and if possible better too.

About the categorization, the way in which Zelda games and engines are separated deals with how a likely good turnout for those types of projects and to strengthen the Zelda aspect of event. Zelda deserves a bit of prominence and the coding aspects of development often are more difficult and take longer to put together than graphics, stories, or music. It would feel weird for their to be bests of anything where there'd only be a small amount of those involved.

If those aspects of development improved between now and then I'd be more open to their inclusion as their own categories. However, the event cannot be structured such that if those aspects were included that doing so alone would miraculously surge those aspects with activity. Having a merged category for this event as a way for people to contribute to that aspect maintains their ability to do so though; about Completed games being included, that seems a bit unfeasible.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Hmm... Still looks like it's being treated more like a competition than an expo, but I suppose we'll see what happens when it's set up :P
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2010, 02:34:12 am »
I like the idea of giving a good project the recognition it deserves; recognizing participation is important, but that the idea that everyone is a winner sometimes makes the greater efforts of others feel less significant. Competition is not always bad, especially when it leads to improvement for everyone. But yeah, I would like there to be a good turnout of Zelda projects so that win we win the Zelda category for the NCFC event after the z3 event it will be based on merit and not default selection.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 05:05:45 pm »
Im going to attempt to get 2 more dungeons done for Chiming Bells by Z3. Else just one
  • Phoenix Heart

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Someone that works alone can enter or I need a team of 2-3 plus people?  Im really looking forward to this.  XD

The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2010, 06:53:32 am »
That does not matter. If you work on your project alone or in a team you can enter either way.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2010, 07:00:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm working on something specifically for this using the Surface Engine. Gives me a chance to finish developing the engine while working on new things =3

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »
Uh btw, when's z3 gonna be held?

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24:31 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I hope it's soon :P Actually, I hope it's a little bit away so I can work on this a bit more before presenting it D:
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:09 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Are we thinking end of june? Or sometime around there?

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 11:36:50 pm »
I hope it's soon :P Actually, I hope it's a little bit away so I can work on this a bit more before presenting it D:
Agree with Mamor. It would be good to get the Bottom of the Lake done on Chiming Bells. Then it would mean 1/3 of the game is done.
  • Phoenix Heart

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 11:53:21 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
That does not matter. If you work on your project alone or in a team you can enter either way.

Great, good luck everybody!  XD
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2010, 12:27:13 am »
It was said somewhat earlier in the topic, but z3 is going to happen near the end of July or the beginning of August. As for the specifics on how long the event is going to be held for and how things were going to be presented, that was a little up in the air; well for the most part the categories were fished out and the date was set to be as I mentioned.

Otherwise another point for it being in the future like that is so that in the meantime those who are interested in being a part of it can work on their projects and/or the ZFGC staff can figure out how to best support that effort through setting up team board spaces if necessary (currently the Sponsored board has to be looked into how to improve its use), improving the GM Minish Cap Engine if that would help you out with a programming concern (there was talk in the staff area to where a feasible plan was hatched to make it seem more open), or whatever within reason.

Also in addition to the GM Minish Cap Engine stuff, which I am lagging behind on a bit due to school kicking my brain in, I was thinking about expanding my GB Pokemon Engine - but that's a pipe dream because even though I got the bike into it efficiently, the battle system is somewhat dependent on a stable menu system which I have not yet implemented. Ugh... but yeah, otherwise if I had enough time and patience to tinker in Java, I'd alter LateralGM such that team projects made in Game Maker could be synchronized between team members and things like objects could be exported from a Game Maker file and reintegrated into other Game Maker files. Although that gets complicated.
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2010, 01:12:42 am »
I think you guys purposely hold z3 when I'm going to be away :p The last 3 years that z3 has happened I couldn't enter because I was away on the yearly music trip. Then we decide to move the trip to earlier in the year and z3 moves too.
Nevermind, I'm not planning on entering this year, being in my last year of highschool I don't exactly have time to make a game anyway.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 02:48:03 am »
  • 1 Man Army making Hylian Legends
How do I enter? Wouldn't mind using Z3 to open up the demo to people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.604 seconds with 66 queries.

anything