Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: This is the best summary of FF7 ever. (FF7 and FF6 spoilers)  (Read 4625 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
This is the best summary of FF7 ever. (FF7 and F...
« on: September 15, 2007, 12:05:08 am »

lol rite?
Re: This is the best summary of FF7 ever. (FF7 a...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 12:06:36 am »
Ahaha that's awesome, but so true.
  • https://colbydude.com

uma

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 12:26:30 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
You sir, have earned major cookies for this.

Take that FF7 fanboys! >:D
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:29:50 am »
That is a base story...You do not show deep development between the characters and the plot.
There is way much more to FF7 than that.  You may not want to admit it, but FF7 was one of the
greatest games ever.  Look at sales and the fan base.  It is also one of the most wanted games to
be remade to the PS3.  I do not see people agonizing wanting to see Ocarina of Time remade.
That would be nice, though.  Ocarina of Time is better to me than FF7 but barely.

But all-in-all, you are right.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 12:37:50 am »
  • *whistle*
That is a base story...You do not show deep development between the characters and the plot.
There is way much more to FF7 than that.  You may not want to admit it, but FF7 was one of the
greatest games ever.  Look at sales and the fan base.  It is also one of the most wanted games to
be remade to the PS3.  I do not see people agonizing wanting to see Ocarina of Time remade.
That would be nice, though.  Ocarina of Time is better to me than FF7 but barely.

o.O

Some of the greatest, most innovative, original, incredible games... have had poor sales and relatively small fan bases simply because they're not carbon-copy sequels to successful, popular, earlier games - like Final Fantasy VII was.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:16 am »

o.O

Some of the greatest, most innovative, original, incredible games... have had poor sales and relatively small fan bases simply because they're not carbon-copy sequels to successful, popular, earlier games - like Final Fantasy VII was.

I]The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was Final Fantasy VII...Growing up, I saw III at the game rental store but never knew what it was,so I never rented it.  My cousin had FF7 for the pc and said it was awesome.  He gave me a copy and I was hooked.
He later got a hold of 3 for the Snes and couldn't take it because of all the talking.
Alot of people I know started with Final Fantasy 7 and had no idea there were others before it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Bustertheheroic

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 12:43:30 am »
hilarious but a big bag full of grade A...truth.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 01:51:13 am »

o.O

I]The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was Final Fantasy VII...Growing up, I saw III at the game rental store but never knew what it was,so I never rented it.  My cousin had FF7 for the pc and said it was awesome.  He gave me a copy and I was hooked.
He later got a hold of 3 for the Snes and couldn't take it because of all the talking.
Alot of people I know started with Final Fantasy 7 and had no idea there were others before it.

don't you think that since Final Fantasy 7 was the first game you had ever played, that you might be at least a little bit biased as to how "great" it was?

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

uma

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 02:09:43 am »

o.O

Amen to that, brother.

The reason why FF7 was so popular and has such a large fanbase is because it was like the first Rpg for the Ps1 with the name "Final Fantasy" tagged to it.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 02:20:39 am »

o.O

don't you think that since Final Fantasy 7 was the first game you had ever played, that you might be at least a little bit biased as to how "great" it was?
No, because I haved played and beat every FF game even the ones only from Japan when they were only from japan(ie before they were remade to GBA,DS,PS1,PSP)...
FFX come close to FF7 and FF9 comes close to FFX for me.  FF7 was the best to me because of the experience,battle,and materia aspects.  I loved materia.  I think VII had the best battle system.  The only thing I did not like about FF7 was the lack of armor.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 03:19:58 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
But which one did you play first? Based on your age it's pretty safe to assume 7 or 6, but by the sound of it your first was 7.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 03:21:16 am »
There is way much more to FF7 than that. 

The plot is a !@#$% mess. The developers attempted to make a story that was deep and meaningful, but it's as if each scenario was written by a different person. The story is a hodgepodge of events and bits of info that just don't work together, and the characters are cliche.

You may not want to admit it, but FF7 was one of the
greatest games ever. 

FF7 was a mediocre piece of !@#$%.

Look at sales and the fan base. 

Dane Cook has a large fanbase. Does that mean he's a good comedian? (HAHA, NO.)

It is also one of the most wanted games to
be remade to the PS3.

Good for those stupid weeaboos that fantasize about female Cloud having buttsex with Sephiroth and Cid.

But he could somehow play through 7 because watching emo cloud have an acid trip for 15 minutes in the north cave with poorly designed block people was somehow "AMAZING". These are the same type of kids who never even heard of RPGs before Final Fantasy VII and think Shakespeare is mind-numbingly boring.

FF7 was the best to me because of the experience,battle,and materia aspects.  I loved materia.  I think VII had the best battle system.

Final Fantasy VII is totally unbalanced in that normal attacks are usually stronger than magic spells and a good portion of the summons as well. For most of the fights, all I did was hold down circle. The battles are long and drawn out, sometimes the enemies will literally sit there flailing their limbs around for no apparent reason for a good half minute. Their attacks can take even longer. Don't even get me started on summons.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:24:08 am by Swiftu »

uma

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 03:29:58 am »
I couldn't of said it better my self.

I'm glad Swiftu has a brain the same opinion as me. :P
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 03:34:27 am »
FF7 is awesome

In FF6 physical attacks were stronger then a lot of magic too.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 03:38:29 am »
FF7 is awesome

Soul of Thamasa, Celestriade, and Ultima disagree with you.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 03:48:44 am »
FF7 is awesome

All you needed was a Genji Glove,Master's Scroll, and Zentensu*sp* and Ultima swords...
Can you say 8 hits doing 5000+ damge a piece!?....-_-
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 03:55:53 am »
FF7 is awesome

All you needed was a Genji Glove,Master's Scroll, and Zentensu*sp* and Ultima swords...

Don't correct me. >_> The main point is that you don't spend the whole time mashing attack. When you get to the point in the story to have all those tripped out items, you're at the end of the game anyway.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 03:57:18 am »
FF7 is awesome

A lot of magic i said, not all.

In that case. Knight of The Round disagree with you.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 04:05:24 am »
FF7 is awesome

A lot of magic i said, not all.

In that case. Knight of The Round disagree with you.

In my original post I was talking in relation to progressing through the game. In FF6 some bosses and enemies had a specific weakness to an element, and it was more effective to use elemental magic than physical attacks. In FF7, you do more damage with your weapon, which makes magic mostly useless until you get the utterly broken summons later on. In the final battle, using KOTR on Jenova affects how much HP Sephiroth has, so it's actually beneficial to just kill Jenova normally.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 04:06:30 am »
FF7 is awesome

Don't correct me. >_> The main point is that you don't spend the whole time mashing attack. When you get to the point in the story to have all those tripped out items, you're at the end of the game anyway.

Uh actually you are about...70%through the game if you play it the way I do....I have no life,hence I know how to level up and when to get items and !@#$%...Maybe I should start writing player's guides...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 78 queries.

anything