Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What do think Square is doing with FF7?  (Read 4670 times)

What do think Square is doing with FF7?
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:56:57 pm »
I was thinking about all these FF7 spinoffs.  You've got the movie,an anime movie, Crisis Core, and Before Crisis.  I am thinking that Square is testing the waters so to speak.  I truely think they are preparing to release someday the FF7 remake.  They are testing new ideas in battle system and such.  I was wondering what thoughts you guys have about this.  Haters-Please try to be civil.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: What do think Square is doing with FF7?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:06:57 pm »
CIVIL IS FOR FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. BEGIN THE CRAZIE. Ahem, I mean, I really don't know what Square is doing with Final Fantasy. If they are doing a remake, I demand one for Wii D:<
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 06:09:45 pm »
CIVIL IS FOR FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. BEGIN THE CRAZIE. Ahem, I mean, I really don't know what Square is doing with Final Fantasy. If they are doing a remake, I demand one for Wii D:<
It'll never make the Wii.  The only possible consoles Square will consider for FF7re would be PS3 or PSP.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:17:47 pm »
Here's what I think Square is doing with it: milking it for all the cash it can make. Seriously, there are so many people in the world who love FF7, and would buy anything with its logo on it. Square decided that instead of using creative effort to make new and interesting games like they used to (such as Xenogears), they'll just make crappy, unimaginative spin-offs to already popular games. The work is pretty much already done for them.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:18:35 pm »
  • b e p i s
Here's what I think Square is doing with it: milking it for all the cash it can make. Seriously, there are so many people in the world who love FF7, and would buy anything with its logo on it. Square decided that instead of using creative effort to make new and interesting games like they used to (such as Xenogears), they'll just make crappy, unimaginative spin-offs to already popular games. The work is pretty much already done for them.

QFT.

FF7: Great game, one of the dumbest fanbases of all time.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:59:33 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
FF7 was good, but also totally overhyped.
I wouldnt mind seeing a remake though.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 07:09:49 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
lets see...we've got Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Advent Children Complete, Dirge of Cerberus Mobile, Last Order and possibly a sequel to Dirge.  They've def. got something planned.  I personally wouldn't mind a remake but it's gonna take more than that for me to get a ps3.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 07:37:23 pm »
I don't care. I just bought the original one two months ago, and I really like it. However, there are better games.
I also don't mind Square doing all that stuff based on FF7, they have fun and money is good, I don't really care about the other games, but I won't stop liking the original FF7 because of stuff happening 10 years after the release.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:19:20 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
you forgot to mention the ff7 intro on the ps3.  and i thought the anime was going to be a series?  please, PLEASE, prove me wrong here.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 12:23:50 am »
What you people tend to forget is that Square is a company meaning that Square loooves money.. so if a game start to sell really good they start to do sequels to get more money. so FF7 remake is possible.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 12:51:27 am »
  • :3

QFT.

I don't get that about the Final Fantasy series. How can one gam have a fanbase? How is FF7 so different from FF8? Are they all completely different stories?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 01:17:58 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese

QFT.

I don't get that about the Final Fantasy series. How can one gam have a fanbase? How is FF7 so different from FF8? Are they all completely different stories?
? have you never played final fantasy games?
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 01:27:19 am »

QFT.

thats odd, but yeah, play ff7 or atleast read the story and see the difference, I have never played ff8 so I don't know the difference between those games..
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 03:56:56 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I don't care. I just bought the original one two months ago, and I really like it. However, there are better games.
I also don't mind Square doing all that stuff based on FF7, they have fun and money is good, I don't really care about the other games, but I won't stop liking the original FF7 because of stuff happening 10 years after the release.

The English PSX version (at least the American translation, I dunno if the European translation is any different) wasn't all that good. At least it wasn't well received. There's one boss where they tell you to do the exact opposite of you're supposed to do, a translation error fixed for the PC version of it. The boss was really early in the game, in fact, the first boss you encounter, I think- A red scorpion robot thing)

QFT.

thats odd, but yeah, play ff7 or atleast read the story and see the difference, I have never played ff8 so I don't know the difference between those games..

Just about everything except for some FF staple monsters, items, summons, Chocobos, and the one NAME (Cid) are the same. The Cid's from each game differ though, just like the story. The theme is also different and so is the world.

In fact, aside from what I mentioned above, Final Fantasy games rarely have much to do with each other- Although the earlier games have the Crystal thing in common (FFI, FFIII, FFIV, and FFV; afterwards, FFIX but as sort of nod to the old games I think).

If you want to try any Final Fantasy, try Final Fantasy IX. It is, IMO, the best Final Fantasy made. If you haven't played any of the original Final Fantasy, get the GBA or PSP port if you want to have a "Semi-God Mode fun" or the NES or PSX one for more challenge.

It'll never make the Wii.  The only possible consoles Square will consider for FF7re would be PS3 or PSP.

Although I'd love to see it for the PSP, my bet is on the PS3 because of its graphical power. The more recent Final Fantasy games are usually put on the console who can handle graphics the best and give more storage options to the developers. FF games are famous for eye-candy.

My friend imported Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and I got him to lend it to me when he beat it. I played it and... lemme tell you, my expectations where right on the mark. Despite being in a language I could not understand, it was very enjoyable and I could almost tell the story just by the animation. There're lots of FMVs for those who like the eye candy. It's very different from what we got for Advent Children which I semi-liked. The only thing is, CC kinda rewrites the history of FFVII and then, kinda adds to it. I won't go more into detail, since I'd have spoil some parts of FFVII and some members here haven't played or are currently playing FFVII.

Oh man, that's alot of stuff. X_x

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 06:29:36 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
What do think Square is doing with FF7?
Milking it to no end.

Dascu

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 08:26:45 am »
Pissing off people who don't want a remake of FF7, and rather see SquareEnix making some original games that don't have "Final Fantasy" slapped onto it.
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
here's one boss where they tell you to do the exact opposite of you're supposed to do, a translation error fixed for the PC version of it. The boss was really early in the game, in fact, the first boss you encounter, I think- A red scorpion robot thing)

lmao, i remember that XD  The Guard Scorpion.

"Barret!  Attack while it's tail is up! It's gonna counter-attack with it's laser!"

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 06:23:47 pm »
I fully believe they will make the remake; Recently, they mentioned all these FF7 games/media are part of a marketing cycle that will last 10 more years(it was mentioned on the FF retrospectives) which fits perfectly into this timeline, let me explain.

Right now, everyone who means !@#$% at Square-Enix is working on FF XIII. Nothing, I mean nothing, will be done toward a FFVII remake until this is done, because there is no way that they'll leave this remake up to their 'B' team and risk messing this up. So, in about 5 years, we will have the new Final Fantasy and the marketing for that will have ran it's course... leaving 5 more years. 5 years is plenty to use the FFXIII engine and make the remake, all that would need to be done basically is the graphics and any bit of refinement to make it VII. So I predict they will end this marketing cycle with the remake...

There was a recent 20,000 signed petition that went to Square, so they know of the demand. So as much as we all want it, just wait. It will happen, just can't be done right now... there's only so many people and so much money to go around.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 07:04:08 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I fully believe they will make the remake; Recently, they mentioned all these FF7 games/media are part of a marketing cycle that will last 10 more years(it was mentioned on the FF retrospectives) which fits perfectly into this timeline, let me explain.

Right now, everyone who means !@#$% at Square-Enix is working on FF XIII. Nothing, I mean nothing, will be done toward a FFVII remake until this is done, because there is no way that they'll leave this remake up to their 'B' team and risk messing this up. So, in about 5 years, we will have the new Final Fantasy and the marketing for that will have ran it's course... leaving 5 more years. 5 years is plenty to use the FFXIII engine and make the remake, all that would need to be done basically is the graphics and any bit of refinement to make it VII. So I predict they will end this marketing cycle with the remake...

There was a recent 20,000 signed petition that went to Square, so they know of the demand. So as much as we all want it, just wait. It will happen, just can't be done right now... there's only so many people and so much money to go around.

You mean you want a remake?

I want a re-translation. XD

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »
To all those saying they'll Milk FFVII you make it sound like they're the only company ever to milk there products o.o
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 75 queries.