Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: United States 2008 Elections  (Read 7475 times)

United States 2008 Elections
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:29:54 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well, I live in Canada but American politics affect me directly because our Prime Minister sucks up to the President of the United States as if he were his !@#$%... I'm still not quite sure why, but for the Democrats I would choose cakefarts because he seems the most honest out of all the candidates, I think he would not suite the job only because he has little to no experience, I believe he is too young to become a President of a major country. Clinton is just way too much for special interests and you don't want the same two families controlling the USA for over 20 years...

George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Hillary Clinton

*Shivers*

For the republicans, Mitt Romney IMO is a very slick politician who flip-flops on all the issues and will do anything to get the votes, if he is elected he will be the downfall of the American people (not like Bush didn't already do that). Personally I would vote for Ron Paul (in b4 shitstorm), he knows all the issues, has lots of support from the actual people not just the media (who happens to hate him by the way). He is the most Constitutional, he actually ran for the Constitution party in 2000, he got around 10k votes... not great, but he realized the States made it impossible for a third-party candidate to win after he ran Libertarian in 2004 and got a few more votes, now he has lots of support and gets lots of donations (more than any of the other candidates if they are not endorsed by some huge special interests company), he raised $6M in one day, that's a Fund raising record. (he also raised close to 20 million in just the fourth quarter alone... Anyways, I'll stop rambling now.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:31:43 am by Krynn »
Re: United States 2008 Elections
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:29 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Does any one know any person running other than Hillary and cakefarts? Cos most people at my school don't.
=/
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:19:15 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Does any one know any person running other than Hillary and cakefarts? Cos most people at my school don't.
=/
Why would you post in this topic if you have no idea what is going on? First of all they are both Democrats, there are still all of the republicans, I'll give you a list of all the main candidates and see if you recognize any... and yes most people know more than just Hillary and cakefarts...

Democrats:
Hillary Clinton
Barack cakefarts
John Edwards
Joe Biden
Bill Richardson
Dennis Kucinich

Republicans:
Ron Paul
Rudy Giuliani
Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney
Fred Thompson
John McCain
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:19:20 am »
If Hilary Clinton wins, I think it's safe to say we're screwed...
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 05:00:14 am »
any democrat except hillary plz
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 05:07:15 am »
If Hilary Clinton wins, I think it's safe to say we're screwed...

I think it's safe to say you didn't say why we'd be screwed if she was elected.

There's only one plus to Clinton, and that is her husband was a very awesome man... and he would be with her by her side to hopefully stop her from foolish mistakes. She's kind of a neo-conservative though, that bugs me a lot. She does have a strong background in leadership positions, she was the chair of the Legal Services Corporation (it free/discounted legal services to people below the poverty level), during Carter and Reagan's administration.

cakefarts I liked a lot at first, but I slowly distanced myself from him... I'm not sure why, he just lacks that *feel*. However the dialog between he and Dennis K. is quite awesome as of late.. I'd vote for a cakefarts / Dennis K. ticket.

Biden: An awesome guy I'd vote for him too in a heartbeat, but he can be too radical, not radical in the bad since, but he.. can speak without thinking, and we know what that does (Reference Bush).

Bill Richardson: I really like him, and he'd make a good President, he just lacks the motivation to Push himself as hard as possible to get there.

John Edwards: Nice guy, but injects religion far too much for my taste. I do like his wife though.. I think if his wife is ill and dying, with two young kids, being president might be too difficult to manage... i'd rather see him be a father.

Dennis Kucinich: I really like Kucinich, he's trying to impeach people! that's awesome. I think he'd make a good VICE president... to either cakefarts or Paul.

Mike Gravel: I like him as well but again, he's not pushing hard enough.

--

Republicans -

Ron Paul: I've donated to him. I don't agree with all of his policies or personal beliefs, but I think he'd be most likely to be bipartison, more likely than anyone else running.. I agree with his libertarian views, and think he'd make a good President, on the basis he'd be FOR the constitution, the document which we're founded on. We seem to have forgotten about that foundation.

Rudy Giuliani: I think this man is pure evil.

Mike Huckabee: He has an awesome sense of Humor.. but is far too religious.

Mitt Romney: He's a businessman, a big money businessman and a wall street junkie.

Fred Thompson: this man publically stated 'i really don't want to be president', that alone makes me not want him.

John McCain: I think he needs to grow with society.. he's back in the 60s still.

--

On the 7th of this month there is a big meeting at the University of Oklahoma. Former Governor's, Senators, Representatives, Mayors, Cabinet level advisors, will be at this meeting. Its to discuss the formation of an independent party for President, on the basis that they are 'tired of both the democratic party and republican party. If a ticket is formed from this said 'party'. I would vote for it in a heart beat. Regardless of the canidates.. I like bloomberg, he's a money man, but thats fine. I also like Chuck Hagel, he speaks the truth, and would make a damn good leader. I'd like to see.. GORE endorse this project...

I think this election we'll see something close to what we saw when Teddy Roosevelt ran for re-election, he went from Republican to Independent, and came in second... except I think there is a damn good chance one of the two major party's will die this round. I hope this third party happens and I hope it works out.

--

Just a note, I'm liberal, and if I were registered it would most likely be democratic.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:29:38 am »
  • b e p i s
cakefarts is getting my vote. He's about as honest as politicians get with really great ideas and a sort of dogged optimism that we need, without coming across as forced or overly patriotic. IMO, he's the best hope for the America Bush built. I also like how he can stand on the fence on certain issues, which means he should be a good mediator between the two parties. As for the other candidates I am informed enough about:

Hilary Clinton: Too rash for my tastes, and way too far left.

Ron Paul: Again, lots of great ideas...but his de-departmentalization of the government could lead to certain cuts for student aid that I don't like...in short, some of his ideas are just too radical.

Mitt Romney: totally full of it, the guy comes across as completely fake.

Rudy Giuliani: the guy simply can't distance himself from New York. Plus, from what I understand, he's big on the Patriot Act, which is a huge no-no for me.

Fred Thompson: has a pretty good bit of common sense, though I absolutely despise his love for globalization and subsequent corporate pandering.

Mike Huckabee: In a nice change of pace from the other conservatives, Mike's spirituality does seem to be rather genuine, which is something I have a lot of respect for. However, his inability to separate it from his political decisions could cause a lot of problems. Still, he wouldn't be as bad as some of the other Republicans.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:09:41 am »

If she's left, then I'm right. I think she makes people who are left-wing look bad.. because they assume she is what left-wing is.. She might be a democrat, but she sure as hell is not liberal, or left wing. She's neo-conservative, just like the majority of the people running for office and people in office.

cakefarts is more liberal than her (not to burst your bubble at all). He however... can pull from both sides not because he is moderate, but because he represents change, he represents something new.. perhaps experience isn't required with him, we've constantly had someone experienced... what good does it give? they still screw up in the end. I like cakefarts like I said.. I hope he doesn't Howard Dean... (If anyone has that mp3 of him saying YEAAAHHHHH please.. upload it and email it to me, my disc it was on died.. there was an MP3 song written with him having that in it.. it looped for like 3 minutes.. it was awesome :( <3 Dean)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:15:40 am »
  • b e p i s

If she's left, then I'm right. I think she makes people who are left-wing look bad.. because they assume she is what left-wing is.. She might be a democrat, but she sure as hell is not liberal, or left wing. She's neo-conservative, just like the majority of the people running for office and people in office.

To me, she's so far left that she actually loops BACK AROUND and becomes neocon. So that works then I guess :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 08:53:29 am »
So far left she's looped back around, you get kudo's for that one. :p I have a saying "Once a republican always a republican" -- Then again Bloomberg was, and I kind of like him.. :p -- She's just so damn EVIL. She gives people like me a bad name... I have to admit, its good to see that her and her husband can co-exist without massive conflict... You really would think such a vast political stance difference would create ripples in their relationship (both being political figures).
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 09:01:10 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
At this stage of the game, I think I'm on the stance of "Anybody but Hillary", My ideal choice is Ron Paul but the media hates him too much for him to be allowed to become president.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 03:08:42 am »
Ive been an cakefarts supporter for quite awhile now (although Edwards has always been a close second to me), so I was very proud when he won the most delegates at my precincts Caucus tonight (3), and also when Edwards tied Hillary with 2 delegates. Looking at CNN, this seems to project what is happening all over Iowa: cakefarts is emerging in the lead, with Edwards and Clinton tied behind him. Its good to see cakefarts leading, to see change finally coming to this nation. And its good to have been an important part of that change.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 04:55:13 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Iowa has voted.

Democrats
1. cakefarts
2. Edwars
3. Clinton
4. Richardson

Republicans
1. Huckabee
2. Romney
3. Thompson
4. McCain
5. Paul
6. Giuliani

Most of the democrats dropped out that didn't do too well. Giuliani got last place :D

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 05:43:25 am »
  • b e p i s
Woo for cakefarts, obviously :D

I'm disappointed with the Republican caucuses. To see some fake like Romney come in second place sickens me. However, I don't totally dislike Huckabee because of his populist standpoint. I was hoping Ron Paul would get the top slot, but eh...better Huckabee than Giuliani, haha.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 06:08:01 am »
If I lived in the US, I'd vote for cakefarts for pres, for sure.

I wouldn't call him "honest", no !@#$% politician is, I don't care who they are.
But he would be the first black pres which would put a lot of pressure on him to put his "people" in a good light.
So it'll only make him strive to be as honest and caring as possible.

Because imagine this...
First black pres ever and he turns out to be a total !@#$% and horrible at listening to the people, all of the rednecks all over america would become even more racist, ten-fold. And all of the black people would be mad at him for putting another un-needed negative image on black stereotypes.
So he'd have like 90% of the US hating him. (wow! kinda like Bush!)

BUT. If he were to be the first black pres, and also one of the best in history at listening to what the people want, and serving them properly, some racist !@#$% may loose any "problems" they might of had with black people, and it would proove to them that blacks aren't just "stupid niggers". And black people everywhere would love him just because they could related to him.
Basically it'd be a big happy ending. Yay.

(if I somehow sound racist or ignorant in this post, it's only cuz I'm talking about most american's point of view)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:10:41 am by Drewdelz »
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 06:19:35 am »
cakefarts scored high.. in a 94% white state, that alone tells you how people see him. We'll have to see how he does in the southern states, but.. he definitely made himself known tonight.

Huckabee said it best tonight on Larry King when asked what he thought of cakefarts's win "It's clear that people want change, but not only change.. they want a new generation of individuals to lead them, myself and cakefarts are both.. a new Generation of people".

Huckabee... I like him, but he's far too religious... and fairly conservative. He speaks well though, and answers questions impressively.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 08:31:50 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
Mitt Romney already won. Although that won't stop me from voting for Ron Paul.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 09:20:39 am »
Mitt Romney already won. Although that won't stop me from voting for Ron Paul.

Romney far from won.. I can't imagine him winning at all to be honest. Rudy has a better chance (despite his showing here). Remember, Bill Clinton came in 4th or 5th in 1992, with 3%. It's far too early to tell.. I do think that Huckabee will slowly fall, because he's already slowly falling.

Paul had an amazing showing today.. 10% for a highly religious state that has 'no clue who he is'. On CNN, specifically Larry King, they said 'we really have to watch Paul in NH and the other states, he will score higher there, no doubt'.

I like Paul for his stance on protecting the constitution... but I really think a third party is going to be formed on Monday, if it happens, we're going to see a massive political shift, that could really turn this election upside down.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 11:38:55 am »
  • *whistle*
cakefarts scored high.. in a 94% white state, that alone tells you how people see him. We'll have to see how he does in the southern states, but.. he definitely made himself known tonight.

Problem is, cakefarts isn't liked so much by black voters. Expressly because he refuses to label anything a "black" issue, but speaks in terms of general poverty issues. We might still see Clinton beating him.

Huckabee said it best tonight on Larry King when asked what he thought of cakefarts's win "It's clear that people want change, but not only change.. they want a new generation of individuals to lead them, myself and cakefarts are both.. a new Generation of people".

Huckabee... I like him, but he's far too religious... and fairly conservative. He speaks well though, and answers questions impressively.

Huckabee's dreadful. Far too religious, far too conservative. If he becomes president, he's just going to become the next in a long line of Republican presidents who have completely ignored the bit in the constitution about the United States being a secular republic. Not only that, but if memory serves, he believes in kicking out immigrants and isolating those with HIV to prevent other people from getting infected.

Because that's always the best way to fairness and equality. Oh, wait, the Republicans don't care about fairness and equality, they just care about rich, white, homophobic, christians.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:50:35 am »

Problem is, cakefarts isn't liked so much by black voters. Expressly because he refuses to label anything a "black" issue, but speaks in terms of general poverty issues. We might still see Clinton beating him.

Huckabee's dreadful. Far too religious, far too conservative. If he becomes president, he's just going to become the next in a long line of Republican presidents who have completely ignored the bit in the constitution about the United States being a secular republic. Not only that, but if memory serves, he believes in kicking out immigrants and isolating those with HIV to prevent other people from getting infected.

Because that's always the best way to fairness and equality. Oh, wait, the Republicans don't care about fairness and equality, they just care about rich, white, homophobic, christians.

I agree with you on Huckabee, I don't think he'll win, nor do I think Romney will win the Nomination. It really is up in the air right now.

One theory behind cakefarts's lack of black supporters is not the fact he 'ignores black people' but the fact he needed to 'prove to black voters hes capable of winning'. We'll have to see where he stands in NH, and more specifically in the South come Feb 5th. I do think it's strange he was that liked in a state that has never elected a black person to office. 

To lump everyone's issue's together doesn't really mean he 'ignores black people' it just means white people have the same problems, along with asian people, and latino people, and italian people and irish people. If people (as a whole) can move past that ignorance.. it would be so much better. I think as a whole people are still somewhat 'racist' though.

Tonight I think the best speech Award went to Edwards... I normally see him as a hardcore christian man, but.. not once did I see or feel his christianity there, I saw someone with a very emotional stance on poverty in America, economic values and health care. -- The fact that he and his wife can both have different opinions on different matters also shows me diversity. Over all, whether or not a candidate agrees with gay marriage, or think's flag burning should be banned, doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's their leadership skills.. A president can want something all he or she wants, or dislike something all he or she wants, but if there's demand to get something passed and congress has the votes to do it, they will do it. Clinton tonight... really sucked.. she used the word "We" too much.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 74 queries.