Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Court: Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodies  (Read 1088 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Court: Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodies
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:14:01 am »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25609866/

MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodies, the state Supreme Court ruled Wednesday in reinstating charges against three men accused of digging up a corpse so one of them could have sex with it.

The court waded into the grisly case after lower court judges ruled nothing in state law banned necrophilia. Those decisions prompted public outrage and a push by a state lawmaker to make sex with a corpse a crime.

In Wednesday's 5-2 decision, the high court said Wisconsin law makes sex acts with dead people illegal because they are unable to give consent.

The ruling reinstates the attempted sexual assault charges against twin brothers Nicholas and Alexander Grunke and Dustin Radke, all 22. The charges carry a punishment of up to 10 years in prison.

Sex without consent
Justice Patience Roggensack, writing a majority opinion with three other justices, said state law bans sexual intercourse with anyone who does not give consent "whether a victim is dead or alive at the time."

"A reasonably well-informed person would understand the statute to prohibit sexual intercourse with a dead person," she wrote.

Jefren Olsen, an attorney who represented Radke, said the decision was flawed because the law was never intended to punish necrophilia.

"Obviously, the facts are rather notorious and not the easiest to deal with," he said. "I assume that had some impact."

Police say the three men, carrying shovels, a crowbar and a box of condoms, went to a cemetery in southwestern Wisconsin in 2006 to dig up the body of Laura Tennessen, 20, who had been killed the week before in a motorcycle crash.

Nicholas Grunke had seen an obituary photo of her and asked the others for help digging up her corpse so he could have sexual intercourse with it, prosecutors say.

Authorities say the men used shovels to reach her grave but were unable to pry open the vault. They fled when a car drove into the cemetery and were eventually arrested. ...

lol, why did two people vote against it?

I'm never going to Wisconsin.
Re: Court: Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodi...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:24 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

I'm never going to Wisconsin.

Maybe they're empathetic to people who want to have sex with dead bodies. It's not about what the judges want; it's what they think is best for everyone. Apparently two of them see no harm in the act and they had the balls to say people should be allowed to do it.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40:19 am »
I used to live in Wisconsin. I don't ever remember anybody having sex with dead bodies. But it sucks that they... uh... can't anymore. Legally. :-[
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:12:12 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Well, it looks like I'm never visiting Wisconsin.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 06:09:15 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Note to self: stay out of Wisconson.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:00:34 pm »
All of you are just now deciding not to go to Wisconsin? I know a guy from there, and have for a while. That is what made me wish to never go there. This law makes me want to make Wisconsin it's own little country instead.

I wonder how any normal people got conned into going to Wisconsin though (Cause every place has at least a few normal people.)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:06:18 pm »

probably because as the article outlines, the law was not specifically written to outlaw necrophilia. Since a judge's primary role is to interpret and apply laws (they cannot create new ones) their duty in this case would be to determine whether the law, again mentioned in the article, applies to the case in question. Obviously, two of them did not feel that way...
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:46 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Damn you Wisconsin! You ruined my vacation again!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 53 queries.