Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK petitioning Prime Minister over Manhunt 2  (Read 2976 times)

UK petitioning Prime Minister over Manhunt 2
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:13 pm »
Slowly but surely, the wheels of dissent are beginning to turn in the UK. Earlier in the week, ELSPA's former leader let rip a volley of disapproval at the BBFC for its unfair and potentially industry-damaging treatment of Manhunt 2. Now the good citizens of the misty island of castles and unicorns are following suit, with a petition set up on the Prime Minister's official site calling for a revocation of the ban and the implementation of an 18 rating instead. You know, like sane, mature people would have done in the first place.

While internet petitions usually aren't worth the paper they're not written on, the fact that this one is hosted on an official government site makes it worth a go, as does the fact that Gordon Brown has only just moved into office. After years of bitter domestic wrangling and tearful, crockery-smashing fights with Tony Blair, he's finally thrown the !@#$% out, and is now kicking back with a box of chocolates and I Will Survive on repeat, and making a big deal out of his vow that things are going to be different from now on.

While ol' rubbery face's claims of a more dialectic approach with the people of the UK obviously raise the cynicisometer needle just a tad, right now the guy's aiming to impress as the antithesis of President Blair, and so he has to be seen to be listening. To that end, now is the time to throw your Christmas list at him while he's suffering from the vulnerability inflicted by his own PR. UK residents have got until August the 25th to sign up, but should get to it right now.

And most importantly, don't just leave the work to the petition. These things often fail because they're seen as a single complaint despite the vast number of signatures on them, so follow up your e-signature with a real, paper and pen letter. A petition may get noticed, but a crammed letterbox full of tangible, individual letters to accompany said petition is going to be impossible to ignore, and doubly so if you send the same letter to your local MP as well. This is one situation in which spam is a good thing, so lets get typing and harrassing.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/uk-petitions-new-prime-minister-over-manhunt-2-ban-34101.phtml

YAAAY britain :D
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
Re: UK petitioning Prime Minister over Manhunt 2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:47:20 am »
The Prime Minister probably wont do anything.
the a o d c
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:40:21 am »
I've signed it, heck why not?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 04:43:32 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Signed, although I doubt it'll amount to anything. The very fact that the BBFC banned this while letting the Jason/Nightmare movies through the net is a complete !@#$% joke. Any responsible parent wouldn't dream of buying their kid a game called "Manhunt" but an adult should be allowed to have the choice to play a violent game or not. I'm sick of this nanny-state !@#$%.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 01:25:52 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Maybe they will loosen up on that AO rating stateside.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 03:57:24 pm »
I have nothing to lose by signing, its annoying to see all the fake names on there though :-\.

As said already I think it should be an 18 just like with other adult media the adult choses to view it, I cant imagine this game is much worse than much of the horror published.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 05:20:12 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Stupid stupid stupid....Why is there any point in trying to ban this? Alright its a horrible, disgusting game... who cares...if your kid is stupid enough to believe its true and do !@#$% like this...you obviously haven't done a good job raising and teaching your kid.

See here in Canada...we really could give two shits. With Manhunt 1, America was freaking out over it, trying to get it banned...Here we just slapped an R rating on and it and said "Plx dun buy if ur undr 18 k?" Which didn't stop kids, because I bought it, and I must say, it was a great game. !@#$% Rockstar Toronto (Where I am from) is making Manhunt 2 for the Wii. I can understand the controversy behind the Wii version cause it may simulate you killing the person, but jeez its just a game people. There wouldn't be so much trouble if it weren't for these stupid mothers who worry to much.

I know the next game they will be after...Bioshock, just because OMIGOSH you kill a little girl who is zombie-like, steals peoples "Adams" and is a fictional character for fucks sakes.

Just leave the damn games alone and let them be released.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 07:04:45 pm »
  • *whistle*
I very much doubt the petition will or even can do anything.

I mean, the BBFC isn't directly controlled by the government, and they'd have to go a long way to sort this out...

Especially over such a controversial matter. If they "unban" the game, which is the sequel to the game that many believe was responsible for the murder of a teenager in the UK a few years back (complete !@#$%, but whatever) that wouldn't stand the incumbent (and not entirely popular government) in terribly good stead.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 07:12:04 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Everytime you use a video game as a scapegoat for the fact you can't accept that people are really just sick fucks, I kill a puppy! THINK OF THE PUPPIES PEOPLE!

Dascu

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 07:13:32 pm »
I know the next game they will be after...Bioshock, just because OMIGOSH you kill a little girl who is zombie-like, steals peoples "Adams" and is a fictional character for fucks sakes.

I think they changed it so you can't kill the girls.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 07:40:04 pm »

I think they changed it so you can't kill the girls.

Damn, there goes my reason for buying it

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Actually apparently they changed it so you can't set her on fire or...something else, but apparently you lose points or something for killing her...

Either way..

!@#$% Bitches. Lul.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 08:54:12 pm »
Online petitions. Serious business.

Seriously, Manhunt 2 sucks and it shouldn't be out... :)
And, who still cares about online petitions? Has a single one have ever been fulfilled?
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 10:41:14 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Have you actually played it then Rick? I didn't think it was out anywhere yet...

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 01:46:53 pm »

I mean, the BBFC isn't directly controlled by the government, and they'd have to go a long way to sort this out...

Especially over such a controversial matter. If they "unban" the game, which is the sequel to the game that many believe was responsible for the murder of a teenager in the UK a few years back (complete !@#$%, but whatever) that wouldn't stand the incumbent (and not entirely popular government) in terribly good stead.

Things have been unbanned before though, if I remember correctly A clockwork orange was banned but its been released since, all be it a long while later and all.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 03:21:49 pm »
  • *whistle*

Things have been unbanned before though, if I remember correctly A clockwork orange was banned but its been released since, all be it a long while later and all.

Exactly. While it's still a controversial issue, no organisation will unban it.

Not only that, but the government will probably not be the one to do any such thing; the BBFC will most likely do so of its own violition.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 03:23:40 pm »

Exactly. While it's still a controversial issue, no organisation will unban it.

Not only that, but the government will probably not be the one to do any such thing; the BBFC will most likely do so of its own violition.

You know its still gonna be possible to get it right? Just not through your local retailer, you'll have to order it from the internet, or find it at Carboot sale thingys
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 03:44:51 pm »
  • *whistle*
It cannot legally be published in the UK. That part of it makes it effectively banned to retail but not to own.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 04:40:21 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Online petitions. Serious business.

Seriously, Manhunt 2 sucks and it shouldn't be out... :)
And, who still cares about online petitions? Has a single one have ever been fulfilled?

Manhunt 2. Serious business.

Such features as...Raping women.

<3 Manhunt 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 76 queries.