Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: OOT2D Map Project - Accepting Community Sprites - Read  (Read 204611 times)

Re: OOT2D Map Project - Minor Update
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »
I would suggest using the original ALttP tiles as much as possible. Merging anything from MC and such just makes it look too mixed and less official.

The original ALttP trees are not that bad..

I would agree with you definitely, thought I would be lying if I said I hadn't taken from other games. If I have taken from any at all though it has been mostly FSA, which I think is actually remarkably close to the LTTP style. Though I admit I have taken one or two minor aspects from MC (a tile or two), and I have also taken (most recently) from Navi's Trackers.

Though as for why I have done this, the FSA castle is a good reason, it looks significantly better than the LTTP one, using very similar tiles. I also think that the FSA trees are far superior, and fit in with the style.

It's been a while since I posted on here, mostly because I have been working on updating my entire map. I have so far finished all except the changes for Gerudo Valley, and Lake Hylia.

Here is my current updated version of Hyrule Field:

Hopefully it is of a much better standard. I have also been working on a new Great Deku tree sprite, as it would seem my last one sucked quite extraordinarily.

I am trying to work on it all as one image, though I have had trouble. MSPaint starts using about 800-900mb memory with this image and my PC runs so slow I can't do anything, so I switched to Linux. Now I am using 10-30mb of memory for it, which is much better. I am just having the issue that it crashes with the image on copying and pasting (what I do most frequently) in KolourPaint. Any suggestions for this problem are welcome.

I would like to thank Calvein for his offer of sprites, however I do like to create all of my own sprites, I want this entire map to be personally made by me, my sprites or edited from Nintendo's. I would on that note like to thank .TaKaM for his offer of using his sprites. I have not used them, or edited them, however I have taken a good look at them and made a small change to mine based on them. You will see in the image below how I have use a pattern similar to the one you have above the door on the tree. For that I thank you very much, I also thank you for your advice on my maps, and hope you would be able to comment on the changes which I have made to Hyrule Field.

Below is my current sprite set I will be using for Kokiri Forest:

I would like some comments on the Deku Tree which I have created / edited using a variety of Zelda tiles.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't really like the deku tree :\ It's not that it's a bad sprite in general, but the mashup of other Zelda games into an lttp tile is a horrible horrible practice; especially when using the GB games graphics.
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 10:39:08 am »
I'm curious as to how Lon Lon Ranch will work out? It's probably been discussed once before in this thread.. I'm too tired to look...

If you are planning on making it a separate area then I suppose what you have lain out could work.. but if you are planning to map the overworld entirely, It needs to be much larger..
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 08:11:59 pm »
I'm curious as to how Lon Lon Ranch will work out? It's probably been discussed once before in this thread.. I'm too tired to look...

If you are planning on making it a separate area then I suppose what you have lain out could work.. but if you are planning to map the overworld entirely, It needs to be much larger..

I agree entirely, and I actually originally created my Hyrule field to be much larger. It extended to the left (much like Hoffy's did) and the space for Lon Lon was much larger. The fact was though that it required having huge dead open spaces, which does not suit the LTTP style. I do not think Lon Lon will fit in the area I have left, so yes, it will be a separate area.

Though I think this fits the LTTP style rather well, the area under the bridge is much wider and larger (vertically) than the bridge itself, so this has already been done by Nintendo.

Though after I have created the ranch I plan on having key areas near the walls show in Hyrule field, for the effect.
  • Elliott Parkinson
Re: OOT2D Map Project - Update
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 03:19:37 pm »
So I have been busy at work on all of the changes which were suggested by .TaKaM and various other members. You will be pleased to know that all of these changes are now complete.

I have also got to work on the Lost Woods, which is complete, as well as Lon Lon Ranch. Kokiri Forest has been re-done and so has Hyrule Field (to accomodate for Lon Lon).

Take a look:

Overall:

My changes to the map overall are in the main topic, I have updated all of the links.

So, any criticisms or thoughts people?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:25:24 pm by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:47 pm »
  • .越//
yay =) i see navi tracker tiles

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:22 am »
I probably shouldn't say anything, because I'm not a graphics person, but I do have some comments:

1) In Kokiri Forest the little watterfall seems to just start along the cliffwall. It would be nicer to see some origin hole.

2) At the entrance to castle town you use a different and darker set of tiles then in the rest of the town. On the right of that patch however is a small line with lighter tiles. If this signifies a shadow, it seems as if it comes from a low west angle. It looks odd I guess.

3) At the Lon Lon Ranch the house and the barn don't have real visible entrances. I know from experience that the barn has the entrance at the back and the house at the side, but it is not really visible in the map.

4) At the Lon Lon Ranch the left window on the first floor of the house is half a window.

5) In Zora's River you reach the two caves in the middle of the map by following the river downstream. It is not possible to do it upstream. My advice is to place some rocks to the left of the ramp to prevent the player to reach that spot by swimming upstream.
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 08:10:38 pm »
This map is getting incredible, keep up the good work!
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 10:09:44 pm »
I just noticed this :

• The Legend of Zelda : Return to Hyrule...The french web-site

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2010, 05:04:42 pm »
One tiny bit of critism. You haven't done the Medalion Slabs (The objects you warp onto)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 06:03:11 pm »
I really beleive you gotta move on to another project ;P and let people fix those small issues depending on their needs ;P, but making the desert might be awesome enough, so gogogogogogo finish this master pieace ;D but yeah, I would love to see your take on Termina ;).

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:21 pm »
I really beleive you gotta move on to another project ;P and let people fix those small issues depending on their needs ;P, but making the desert might be awesome enough, so gogogogogogo finish this master pieace ;D but yeah, I would love to see your take on Termina ;).

Agreed. Finish the overworld but leave the internals for everyone else to do. Termina next!
  • Phoenix Heart

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 06:51:09 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Oh god, what if he ends up doing flooded Hyrule. All that pink with all that blue... @_@

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Brendan McCoy

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 11:09:03 pm »
I registered just to I can keep track of and give input for this project! Fantastic work! I plan on using this for a Graal Reborn (free version of graal online) project, and will of course give due credit to you and anyone whose sprites in this thread I find use for. Looking forward to the rest!

Sorry for double post, and sorry for asking this like this... but I was wondering if as you update this you could update the base tilesets and spritesets? No problem if not.
Edit: Hey, i've found a program that let's me pull out all unique tiles from a map! So far I've done it on lake hylia (there was some tile lineup issues with the borders and a waterfall that had a pale water line on it's left edge, but those were errors of tiles that had a non errored duplicate), Hyrule castle, and I was doing the graveyard, but there were over 500 unique tiles. The issue is that when you save it you save it weird or something, and it lost quality kinda like with a j-peg or something. The tiles have artifacts and slight different colorations. Just letting you know.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:39:52 am by Brendan McCoy »
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 11:39:04 am »
I registered just to I can keep track of and give input for this project! Fantastic work! I plan on using this for a Graal Reborn (free version of graal online) project, and will of course give due credit to you and anyone whose sprites in this thread I find use for. Looking forward to the rest!

Sorry for double post, and sorry for asking this like this... but I was wondering if as you update this you could update the base tilesets and spritesets? No problem if not.
Edit: Hey, i've found a program that let's me pull out all unique tiles from a map! So far I've done it on lake hylia (there was some tile lineup issues with the borders and a waterfall that had a pale water line on it's left edge, but those were errors of tiles that had a non errored duplicate), Hyrule castle, and I was doing the graveyard, but there were over 500 unique tiles. The issue is that when you save it you save it weird or something, and it lost quality kinda like with a j-peg or something. The tiles have artifacts and slight different colorations. Just letting you know.

I believe these errors come from the details made if you look at the grass. I have versions of the map made without the grass details which you will find far less unique tiles. I have also made my own tileset which I am updating and I will show this later when I have finished it.

For now, I have just complete my Sacred Forest Grove, please comment:

Some of you will notice major differences in this, for example the bridges. I wanted to create the same experience in LTTP as in OOT. As many of you know you cannot jump ledges in LTTP, and you skip across the tops to get back quickly in OOT. I put the bridges there to offer the same shortcut in LTTP.

As for modifications suggested, I have corrected that little hiccup in Hyrule Field, as well as made some doors which suit sideways entering. I will post these changes later. For now I would like to ask a favour of anyone with time and an OOT rom. Could I have screenshots of the outside of the Gerudo Fortress, and the training grounds? I haven't got the ROM myself and hard as I might try that is one area I cannot create from memory.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:42:12 am by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2010, 12:00:40 pm »
That's actually not bad. A little bigger than it feels in OoT, but looks really like it would fit in aLttP. Maybe some shadow under the temple entrance could be nice.

Brendan McCoy

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 03:30:02 pm »
Wow, looks great! Can't wait to see the updates. Keep up the work :)

Edit: Ok, here's a little sacred forest stuff I wanna say: Looks great, I love the addition of the gossip stones and the teleport pad thing. The pad itself could use just a little bit more perspective, looking at it and then the stump and gossip stone and building.. just out of place just at tad because of only the perspective. Looking forward to seeing the updates with gossip stones and pads :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:08:38 pm by Brendan McCoy »

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »
This should help! The training grounds path is on the right side.

"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Brendan McCoy

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »
tifftuff.. your picture... i feel guilty for wanting a high resolution copy. (your display picture)

Edit: guess i should make my post relevant.. I'll look into taking some screen shots when I'm not feeling lazy.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 05:17:12 pm »
Someone likes boobies...but who doesn't?  ;)

Here's the same image from another angle. Yes, I cheated to get this.

"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 78 queries.