Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO]The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion  (Read 23802 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 01:22:28 am »
From Ocarina of Time? I don't see why not..
It'd be WAV files or MP3... MP3 is smaller, but I'm not sure how good Game Maker is at using mp3's anymore.
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 01:26:47 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
From Ocarina of Time? I don't see why not..
It'd be WAV files or MP3... MP3 is smaller, but I'm not sure how good Game Maker is at using mp3's anymore.
.wav is fine. Yeah from Oot. That would be really good, thanks!

Edit: Currently working on ledge jumping, it's going well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:39:10 am by Cypras »
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 11:40:33 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Edit: Currently working on ledge jumping, it's going well.

Yay!

btw, I'm officially on summer break now, so I'll get working on those sprites for you after I'm done making some sprites for Martijn dh, and I'm working on those right now.

It sounds like you're really making stuff happen with this game and everyone is giving good feedback. Yay! ^_^
  • My Music
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 03:42:17 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Thanks, they will be most appreciated.

Yep i've been working a lot on it lately, and it's coming along good.
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 01:02:09 pm »
Does the rest of your team also have a renewed motivation to make the game?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 10:40:27 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Yea, what happened to your team? Are they still working on this with you?
  • My Music
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 02:49:30 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Yes, they are. More things are being tiled, story is going to be worked on, things to be sprited.
Could any of you give us some ideas on what to do with the story?

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 04:33:17 am »

Yea, what happened to your team? Are they still working on this with you?

Yeah, I just don't have an account here, just signed up...
Whoa, that's cool, link emoticons.  8)

Thanks for all your comments guys.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 10:57:19 am »
Yes, they are. More things are being tiled, story is going to be worked on, things to be sprited.

Well first of all you should have at least a pause of some years between OOT. Then it depends on how much you want to stick to the story you have made, or to the events of OOT.

If you want to stick more to the story you have made:
A story told once, is never told twice in the same way. As events unfold, different paths are taken. In a final fight the Hero of Time clashed with the Dark King, high up in his Dark Tower and defeated him. The Hero freed the Princess and together they escaped the destruction of the Tower. Where once The Dark King would rise from the rubble in a blazing rage, everything stayed quiet.

Seven years have past and the Dark King was considered to be slain. Even though light had returned to the now rebuild land of Hyrule and peace rained for all those years, Zelda always sensed the lingering presence of darkness. She ordered Impa and the other sages to search for the lost Triforce of Power.

Here begins the story.
Link now lives in the newly build village of Dillocheck, when the village is attacked by monsters. Link fights the monsters and saves the day. A messenger arrives at the village, with an urgent message for Link. He is summoned by Zelda to come to Hyrule castle.

When Link arrives at the castle and speaks with Zelda, she gives Link his new quest. Zelda tells him that this new darkness can only be vanquished when the Triforces of Wisdom, Courage and Power are all united. But they only have the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage. The sages have found out that the Triforce of Power was scattered into 6 pieces after the fall of the Dark King. The sages have gone into hiding, because of the monsters hunting them. Link has to find the sages and find out the location of the Triforce shards, restore the Triforce of Power and unite the three Triforces to fight the new darkness.

I hope you find it usefull.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:23:11 am by Niek »
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 10:02:08 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Well first of all you should have at least a pause of some years between OOT. Then it depends on how much you want to stick to the story you have made, or to the events of OOT.

If you want to stick more to the story you have made:
A story told once, is never told twice in the same way. As events unfold, different paths are taken. In a final fight the Hero of Time clashed with the Dark King, high up in his Dark Tower and defeated him. The Hero freed the Princess and together they escaped the destruction of the Tower. Where once The Dark King would rise from the rubble in a blazing rage, everything stayed quiet.

Seven years have past and the Dark King was considered to be slain. Even though light had returned to the now rebuild land of Hyrule and peace rained for all those years, Zelda always sensed the lingering presence of darkness. She ordered Impa and the other sages to search for the lost Triforce of Power.

Here begins the story.
Link now lives in the newly build village of Dillocheck, when the village is attacked by monsters. Link fights the monsters and saves the day. A messenger arrives at the village, with an urgent message for Link. He is summoned by Zelda to come to Hyrule castle.

When Link arrives at the castle and speaks with Zelda, she gives Link his new quest. Zelda tells him that this new darkness can only be vanquished when the Triforces of Wisdom, Courage and Power are all united. But they only have the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage. The sages have found out that the Triforce of Power was scattered into 6 pieces after the fall of the Dark King. The sages have gone into hiding, because of the monsters hunting them. Link has to find the sages and find out the location of the Triforce shards, restore the Triforce of Power and unite the three Triforces to fight the new darkness.

I hope you find it usefull.

Good, but after Link defeats Ganondorf in OoT and while Ganondorf is getting sealed away he says
"blah blah... As long as the Triforce of Power is in my hand... blah blah..."
So Ganondorf still has the Triforce of Power when He's sealed away. I attached a pic to show you, just in case you don't believe me.

So, unless Ganondorf gets out, the Triforce of Power cannot be in the game. Unless you just want to ignore the actual storyline.
  • My Music
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 05:19:10 am »
Good, but after Link defeats Ganondorf in OoT and while Ganondorf is getting sealed away he says
So Ganondorf still has the Triforce of Power when He's sealed away. I attached a pic to show you, just in case you don't believe me.

So, unless Ganondorf gets out, the Triforce of Power cannot be in the game. Unless you just want to ignore the actual storyline.

I know that, but Ganondorf gets sealed because he rose from the rubble and transformed in to the beast-form Ganon, thanks to the Triforce of Power. The sages and Zelda conjured some spell and sealed him with the Triforce of Power away.

A story told once, is never told twice in the same way. As events unfold, different paths are taken. In a final fight the Hero of Time clashed with the Dark King, high up in his Dark Tower and defeated him. The Hero freed the Princess and together they escaped the destruction of the Tower.Where once The Dark King would rise from the rubble in a blazing rage, everything stayed quiet.

In that part I already tell that it is a parallel story with a different path taken. Ganondorf never came out of the rubble and never transformed in Ganon. The sages didn't seal him. He was considered to be dead, fallen and crushed underneath the rubble of his tower.

What happened after no one knows. You could make the story that Ganondorf survived and retreated to plan a new strategy. He broke up the Triforce of Power to make the magic in it go wild and cause destruction and chaos.
Another story you can make from it is that, when Ganondorf lost. The Triforce of Power deemed him unworthy and left, leaving Ganondorf crushed under the rubble. But because of Ganondorfs strong will the leaving of the Triforce doesn't go smoothly and it gets shattered and spread across Hyrule.

But to the point. In the first paragraph I say that it started out as OOT, but in a parallel universe or something the ending was different. Ganondorf was never sealed and different events followed.
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 06:14:59 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
That sounds pretty good Niek. Of course we would have to discuss the locations of the sages and what temples will be where. Perhaps the sages could be captured and locked away in a temple each?
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:54 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

I know that, but Ganondorf gets sealed because he rose from the rubble and transformed in to the beast-form Ganon, thanks to the Triforce of Power. The sages and Zelda conjured some spell and sealed him with the Triforce of Power away.

A story told once, is never told twice in the same way. As events unfold, different paths are taken. In a final fight the Hero of Time clashed with the Dark King, high up in his Dark Tower and defeated him. The Hero freed the Princess and together they escaped the destruction of the Tower.Where once The Dark King would rise from the rubble in a blazing rage, everything stayed quiet.

In that part I already tell that it is a parallel story with a different path taken. Ganondorf never came out of the rubble and never transformed in Ganon. The sages didn't seal him. He was considered to be dead, fallen and crushed underneath the rubble of his tower.

What happened after no one knows. You could make the story that Ganondorf survived and retreated to plan a new strategy. He broke up the Triforce of Power to make the magic in it go wild and cause destruction and chaos.
Another story you can make from it is that, when Ganondorf lost. The Triforce of Power deemed him unworthy and left, leaving Ganondorf crushed under the rubble. But because of Ganondorfs strong will the leaving of the Triforce doesn't go smoothly and it gets shattered and spread across Hyrule.

But to the point. In the first paragraph I say that it started out as OOT, but in a parallel universe or something the ending was different. Ganondorf was never sealed and different events followed.

Ah, ok. That just seems weird to me to have a parallel story when OoT always plays with Ganondorf transforming into Ganon. Yes, there's silence in between the fight with Ganondrof and Ganon, but it's not like there are two game endings, one being after Ganondorf getting crushed under rubble and one being after you defeat Ganon. I just like a game to be finished before another story starts up. BUT, it's still a very creative idea. I'm just really picky when it comes to the story, so don't mind me.  XD
  • My Music
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:54 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Ah, ok. That just seems weird to me to have a parallel story when OoT always plays with Ganondorf transforming into Ganon. Yes, there's silence in between the fight with Ganondrof and Ganon, but it's not like there are two game endings, one being after Ganondorf getting crushed under rubble and one being after you defeat Ganon. I just like a game to be finished before another story starts up. BUT, it's still a very creative idea. I'm just really picky when it comes to the story, so don't mind me.  XD

But we do want your ideas :P We should figure out a way to complie a story after the events of OOT (including Ganon being killed) which can lead into the shards of the triforce being spread out through Hyrule. I'm just no good at coming up with stories.  ;)

On the gameplay side of things I have finished ledge jumping; and me and Kren were working on the nighttime tiles because they just weren't quite right, and still aren't. What do you think about the nighttime tiles?
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 02:05:14 pm »

Well, it isn't really my first pick either. But if you want it to be a direct sequel to OOT (as it is) and have a hunt for the Triforce of Power Shards. It is really difficult and will probably never have a good story. If you want one then you should most likely let go of the other.

That sounds pretty good Niek. Of course we would have to discuss the locations of the sages and what temples will be where. Perhaps the sages could be captured and locked away in a temple each?

That is possible, but you could also hide them among village and in caves. And when you find them they hold the keys to open the shrines. But that is up to you.
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 03:27:19 am »
  • Team Dekunutz

Well, it isn't really my first pick either. But if you want it to be a direct sequel to OOT (as it is) and have a hunt for the Triforce of Power Shards. It is really difficult and will probably never have a good story. If you want one then you should most likely let go of the other.

That is possible, but you could also hide them among village and in caves. And when you find them they hold the keys to open the shrines. But that is up to you.

So you are saying we should forget about oot and just work on our own completely new story?
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009, 04:49:27 am »
That is probably the best to do if you want to keep the aspect of Triforce of Power parts collecting.

Hmm maybe you could do something like TWW, but in the intro you would need to describe two games. One is OOT where Ganondorf gets sealed and the other is a not existing game, where Ganondorf returns fights a new hero and looses the Triforce of Power. We are then talking about a gap of centuries and the Link your playing with is a complete new Link. The danger is that the first game will be OOT, therefore people will search for an association with another existing game for the second game you talk about.
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 05:08:10 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
So, lemme get this straight:

At the end of OOT you fight Ganon (the beast thing) and then he gets sealed away with his triforce powers? What if we created a new enemy that freeed him and somehow when he is released his triforce shatters?
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 05:37:53 am »
That makes sense. It sounds somewhat like Agraghim (or something) from alttp.
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 05:44:16 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Okay, new demo with bug fixes will be done soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 77 queries.