Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ITT: Bioshock Discussion  (Read 5524 times)

Re: ITT: Bioshock Discussion
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 01:55:37 pm »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
!@#$%. This game's story is amazing. I mean it. The gameplay is also fuckin great. The art is sweet and well-placed. The atmosphere.... EVERYTHING!
If you don't have a good computer or a 360, I would reccommend that you buy one just for this game. !@#$%.
DO IT!

Or just find System Shock 2 ;)  Honestly, what an amazing game...  probably just the same if not better then this new one, sans graphics, lol.

Either way, you really shouldn't play Bio-Shock without playing the  quote-unquote "original"  But it's a little late for that I guess...

Minish_Link

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 02:01:34 pm »
this is one of the best looking games Ive ever seen, im definitely getting it this week

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 06:31:31 pm »
Beat it. Loved it. Playing it again for second ending.

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 06:33:54 pm »
!@#$%. This game's story is amazing. I mean it. The gameplay is also fuckin great. The art is sweet and well-placed. The atmosphere.... EVERYTHING!
If you don't have a good computer or a 360, I would reccommend that you buy one just for this game. !@#$%.
DO IT!

Or just find System Shock 2 ;)  Honestly, what an amazing game...  probably just the same if not better then this new one, sans graphics, lol.

Either way, you really shouldn't play Bio-Shock without playing the  quote-unquote "original"  But it's a little late for that I guess...
I read something. They said that Bioshock wasn't really a sequel or another newer version of System Shock or anything.
So I'd rather not. I decided that I am never going to play old games, only new ones, now that I bought Bioshock.

But you know, there is one bad thing about Bioshock that I don't like.... I've hardly been eating lately because of this game... !@#$%. I'm !@#$% hungry, gotta go!

To those who have it: I want to spoil the story for you, but I won't because that will just be mean. I haven't beaten it yet, but so far I can tell you that the story just gets better and btter, creepier and creepier, and way more unexpectedness occurs. YEAH.
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 06:56:10 pm »
DO IT!

I read something. They said that Bioshock wasn't really a sequel or another newer version of System Shock or anything.
So I'd rather not. I decided that I am never going to play old games, only new ones, now that I bought Bioshock.

But you know, there is one bad thing about Bioshock that I don't like.... I've hardly been eating lately because of this game... !@#$%. I'm !@#$% hungry, gotta go!

To those who have it: I want to spoil the story for you, but I won't because that will just be mean. I haven't beaten it yet, but so far I can tell you that the story just gets better and btter, creepier and creepier, and way more unexpectedness occurs. YEAH.

Ok, honestly, thats the most retarded thing I've ever heard.  And no, ther're not sequels.  Bioshock is the "Spiritual Sucessor" to System Shock 2.  The stories are similar and the game play is almost identicle from what I've seen so far.  Seriously, all I'm saying is that it's worth a checkout.  You'd be surprised how many top 100's lists SS2 has come out near the top on.
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 09:53:29 am »
Pity they had to go screw up the PC version though, with all that "only two installations before it's unusable" crap :/
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 04:06:27 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
DO IT!

Are you out of your !@#$% mind?! There's a keyword you're missing here; it's "Classics". Seriously, you would get more satisfactory results by digging sweet gems like System Shock 2 out of the past than you would by buying all the new games that "look cool". I think this game it starting to !@#$% with your head. Eat something, for God's sake.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 04:26:38 pm »
DO IT!

Are you out of your !@#$% mind?! There's a keyword you're missing here; it's "Classics". Seriously, you would get more satisfactory results by digging sweet gems like System Shock 2 out of the past than you would by buying all the new games that "look cool". I think this game it starting to !@#$% with your head. Eat something, for God's sake.
I wasn't thinking right?

Anyway, I always did play classics like that. But I've never played a game with better graphics than Bioshock, and now for some reason, I can't find the will to play games with shittier graphics (including System Shock). That sounds stupid, I know. Whatever.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 04:42:33 pm »
So Beaverconoe has become a graphics !@#$%?
Geeze.
Anyway, Graphics will only have a short effect on the gamer. When you're used to better graphics, an uglier game will feel awkward, and after being used to more primitive graphics, seeing good ones feel really good. The thing is though, that no matter what, you get used to it after just a few minutes. That's what gave me the power to go back to OoT after beating Twilight Princess.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2007, 09:32:07 pm »
Geeze.
Anyway, Graphics will only have a short effect on the gamer. When you're used to better graphics, an uglier game will feel awkward, and after being used to more primitive graphics, seeing good ones feel really good. The thing is though, that no matter what, you get used to it after just a few minutes. That's what gave me the power to go back to OoT after beating Twilight Princess.

A perfect analogy btw.  System Shock 2 is the OOT to Bioshock's Twilight Princess!    :P

But yeah, some games are amazing regardless of graphics.  OoT being one of them, SS2, Goldeneye, Super Mario Brothers 3, pong, etc...
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2007, 09:55:05 pm »
  • =/
 ....I got it this morning and just beat the fishery. Never had a game make me feel bad until now...
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2007, 10:07:35 pm »
  • :D

A perfect analogy btw.  System Shock 2 is the OOT to Bioshock's Twilight Princess!    :P

I would not make that comparison.  Bioshock is hugley different from SS2... That's why it's not SS3, it's a seperate game.  It's JUST a "spiritual" sequel, not a real sequel.  It does have some similar themes to SS2, but EVERYTHING about it truly feels like a different game. 

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2007, 10:09:48 pm »
I got it today for the 360 (i got a metal case) and its !@#$% awesome, i haven't played a game like this that so addictive since twilight princess.
Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2007, 10:15:48 pm »
I got it today for the 360 (i got a metal case) and its !@#$% awesome, i haven't played a game like this that so addictive since twilight princess.
You got a metal case? How?!?!? The guy gave me a friggen cardboard case.
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2007, 04:00:53 am »

I would not make that comparison.  Bioshock is hugley different from SS2... That's why it's not SS3, it's a seperate game.  It's JUST a "spiritual" sequel, not a real sequel.  It does have some similar themes to SS2, but EVERYTHING about it truly feels like a different game. 
Well, I was speaking more in terms of graphical evolution.

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2007, 04:05:25 am »

Well, I was speaking more in terms of graphical evolution.
Still not the same... Twilight Princess had no style-- boring bad graphics. :D
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2007, 04:10:10 am »
I actually liked the graphics...
Anyway, after being around for three generations of gaming, graphics really don't affect me much anymore. Even after playing a bit a of Bioshock, I still feel comfortable looking at the graphics in Systemshock 2.

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 02:04:01 pm »
So has anybody who has it not beaten it yet?

by the way, this comic is hilarious
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070829

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 12:11:19 am »
  • :3
Geeze.

I didn't need any power to go back to it. Maybe it's because I'm completing games from multiple generations simultaneously. TLoZ, ALttP, OoT, Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Adventure, Super Street Fighter II, Pokemon Diamond, and Wave Race: Blue Storm. I hope to god they make Wave Race for the Wii, because I love Blue Storm.

To me, graphics don't matter at all- so long as they abide by the standards of the console they're on. the only things I see improving each generation are the graphics, AI, level sizes, and realism. (If you can improve a level size) They don't really make a game any better. I think one of the big guys at Sega made a pretty good analogy. Someone with loads of great pencils and crayons won't nexessarily make a better picture than someone with a regular bog-standard kit. You don't need great technology to make great games.

If anything- graphics should have no effect on the gamer so far as standards are concerned.

I admit, Bioshock looks amazing, but it just doesn't have the same impact on me as it would have done if this was all the 6th generation. I was !@#$% amazed by the Gamecube. But eventually the novelty will wear off. You'll be completely immersed in the game by all the immesne realism, but games are just like movies in a sense- you play them over and over, and they have less and less effect on you each time. I can't say I don't want to play it though, I'd jump at the chance to play it. Btw, is there any multiplayer?
Gannon-banned brother.

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 12:23:17 pm »
No multiplayer.

• Yiddish Nebbish
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 78 queries.