Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Celestial clock theme  (Read 2061 times)

[Submission] Celestial clock theme
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:30:23 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I was inspired by Max´s town theme to start working on music also. I have never used Fl Studio before, so the song might not be good, but I like it!
I was testing it and I made the celestial clock theme just for fun!
I used Celesta to make a tick-tock sound which resembles that of a clock, mixed with a choir of Ganon´s theme, since he has taken over the tower by then.
I inspired this to the Hyrule castle theme from Twilight princess, since it had Ganon´s theme playing with it.

So what do you think? Any help to improve the song and my skills on Music making will be appreciated! :)
Re: [Submission] Celestial clock theme
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 10:59:02 pm »
  • It's just Max.
The tic-tock theme is brilliant, I love that part. I think the first 7 seconds could go, the choir builds very slowly after 7 seconds, letting the tick-tock retain center stage until about 14 seconds when Ganon's theme is the main bit. Perhaps the duuuuum duum, the first two notes from Hyrule Castle theme ALTTP could be put in here and there or so.

It's a great, tense sound as it is and creates a fantastic atmosphere for the scene it's in. It might be just a little flat dynamically, though. It builds, but builds to nothing, so I think it could use more melodically. Fantastic for a first go, though. Do you do other music?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:16:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
The tic-tock theme is brilliant, I love that part. I think the first 7 seconds could go, the choir builds very slowly after 7 seconds, letting the tick-tock retain center stage until about 14 seconds when Ganon's theme is the main bit. Perhaps the duuuuum duum, the first two notes from Hyrule Castle theme ALTTP could be put in here and there or so.

It's a great, tense sound as it is and creates a fantastic atmosphere for the scene it's in. It might be just a little flat dynamically, though. It builds, but builds to nothing, so I think it could use more melodically. Fantastic for a first go, though. Do you do other music?
I'll see if I can change some things later today.
I am learning to make good beautiful, melodic orchestras and any other type of music. But it will take time and lots of tutorials xD
I was actually looking a while back how to do music with FL Studio, but it had too much stuff and I was like: NOPE
But I got inspired by your town theme to learn how to make some good music. I play the piano a little and I really enjoy making little melodies on it! Haha!
[Submission] Celestial clock theme
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:01:35 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I fixed it a little!
What do you think?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I was actually looking a while back how to do music with FL Studio, but it had too much stuff and I was like: NOPE

A little tip if FL is too much: Write out the midi in some program you're familiar with, the import it into FL Studio and overlay the tracks with the soundfonts.  Makes life much easier!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 07:08:42 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

A little tip if FL is too much: Write out the midi in some program you're familiar with, the import it into FL Studio and overlay the tracks with the soundfonts.  Makes life much easier!

The thing is, I have never used a program to make music before, I tried to in the past with FL studio, and it was too hard, but I´m giving it another go. Hopefully I will get better!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 07:31:16 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I don't know if it was just my download or what, but when I listen to the second version, it's super distorted to the point where I can't really tell how it should sound. I don't know if the distortion happened when you rendered it into an .ogg or if it's something to do with the upload or download or what. Does anyone else get that in their download?

From what I could tell, it definitely seems very intense now, hard to tell if it's too much so or what. On your end, how does it loop? It seems like once it reaches the end, it very sharply gets quieter on the loop, like you can easily tell when the track ends and starts over because it isn't smooth. I couldn't really tell for sure because of the distortion and the program I was using to play it, though.

EDIT: Sorry, the distortion was actually my bad, I just realized how pumped up I had the volume on the media player. Although I will say that the steep jump in volume you have at about 1:14 is super prone to distorting, that other instrument that comes in is fairly loud.

Would you be okay if I tried to recreate this with a few tweaks also? If you could send the FL Project file that'd be sweet too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:11:30 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 52 queries.