Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda: Oracle of Life (Online) [Going Custom, Locked.]  (Read 32826 times)

Re: Just wanted to say Oracle of Life still exis...
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2006, 02:02:27 am »
It's good to know after so long you're still doing this AODC, I remember like a year ago you let me test the first version, and I was like "OMG YOU OWN"
Sadly, I never see you online anymore, but then again, you live in a far away place.
*Sheds a tear*
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:39 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Reminds me of one of the first problems you encountered when developping OoL, routers! I felt so relieved when you sent me the beta that worked with routers, haha it was fun testing pre-beta-super-alpha swordsman. Anyway, are you going to make it public or are you going to have a beta-test of archers before ZFGC release?
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2006, 09:38:46 pm »
I remember it very well, AODC :D
*Saves picture*
Will people with 56k modems be able to do it well? I remember once or twice I had you send me the EXE at my friends while on high speed, because I lagged a fair bit.
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »
  • =/
I wan't to play a test demo! xD
Nothing new since your last test. When archers are in you can test.

It's good to know after so long you're still doing this AODC, I remember like a year ago you let me test the first version, and I was like "OMG YOU OWN"
Sadly, I never see you online anymore, but then again, you live in a far away place.
*Sheds a tear*
My e-mail is "directxpert@gmail.com" now. And of course I am still doing this. And, remember this?

(Image)

OLD OLD OLD. Yuk, huh? I tested with you ages ago :P

And the first working shot of OoL ever:

Gah, we have come so far.
No offence but that OoL seems alot better.... it might be the simplerer hud and tiling, the cows, something just makes me like those screens better.
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2006, 01:08:09 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I wan't to play a test demo! xD
Nothing new since your last test. When archers are in you can test.

*Sheds a tear*
My e-mail is "directxpert@gmail.com" now. And of course I am still doing this. And, remember this?

(Image)

OLD OLD OLD. Yuk, huh? I tested with you ages ago :P

And the first working shot of OoL ever:

Gah, we have come so far.
No offence but that OoL seems alot better.... it might be the simplerer hud and tiling, the cows, something just makes me like those screens better.
Same. I dont know what it is about it.
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2006, 02:57:09 am »
Probably a more Zelda feeling.

I remember it very well, AODC :D
*Saves picture*
Will people with 56k modems be able to do it well? I remember once or twice I had you send me the EXE at my friends while on high speed, because I lagged a fair bit.
I am honestly not sure how this will go. It is definitely faster now, but 56kers may explode when alot of players are online.

Reminds me of one of the first problems you encountered when developping OoL, routers! I felt so relieved when you sent me the beta that worked with routers, haha it was fun testing pre-beta-super-alpha swordsman. Anyway, are you going to make it public or are you going to have a beta-test of archers before ZFGC release?
When I throw the archers in, Ill do a quick test with my team. If it all goes well, Ill have a public test for a day or two to find any bugs.

Remember guys, if anything feels "Yuk" or non-zelda/non-orpg just say so, and the team will see what we can do. We love our fans.
the a o d c
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2006, 03:04:17 am »
Hey aaron nice game improvement.  So are crabs implemented yet?  Also MSN!
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2006, 04:02:12 am »
So far only Crabs, Eagles and Bats are the only pets you can get.
the a o d c
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2006, 02:37:45 am »
Sometime, if you'd like, I could test me and you online with me on a 56k... I'm interested to see what might happen. Surely you would see me lag.
Do you have a Ping set on this game?
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2006, 02:47:14 am »
Drew, it lags even with my cable. Probably not so much now, because of that damn forest fog... but, it's better, and the game plays great.
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2006, 02:55:16 am »
I'm on broadband but im not lagging, and sorry about last night aaron.  my parents made me sign off bc it was 9:30 >_>...
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2006, 02:55:44 am »
Ah, well, forest fog... does that not depend on your Computer speed?
Like what is used with player actions? Does the fog count for that and produces lag?
Usually is it not just instances in a room, so those dont cause lag because it's on your system....
am I speaking jibberish (sorry I'm not familiar with GM or any other Game Making anymore)
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2006, 02:20:18 am »
Sometime, if you'd like, I could test me and you online with me on a 56k... I'm interested to see what might happen. Surely you would see me lag.
Do you have a Ping set on this game?
No ping set. And I'd love to play to see how bad you lag =)

I'm on broadband but im not lagging, and sorry about last night aaron.  my parents made me sign off bc it was 9:30 >_>...
You DID ask for 20mins :P

Ah, well, forest fog... does that not depend on your Computer speed?
Like what is used with player actions? Does the fog count for that and produces lag?
Usually is it not just instances in a room, so those dont cause lag because it's on your system....
am I speaking jibberish (sorry I'm not familiar with GM or any other Game Making anymore)
The fog has been taken out. Alot of people complained about the lag it created.

Anyway all, I have spent a day planning very thoroughly what else needs to be done. Class Requirements (items), Inventory, Bank, better HUD, more quests (Weapon is finally done <3).

I still need the town from HoF, which has yet to be completed.

OH, by the way, arrow keys are done. You can use either mouse or arrow keys now.

I promise, the next demo will be the best online game in ZFGC history. I play by myself to boost up my rupees sometimes... Its pretty nice when a Poe drops 50 rupees randomly.

VOTE IN THE POLL PLEASE
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 02:37:51 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2006, 03:16:47 am »
  • Personal Text
Meh, It doesn't matter if I spawn where I last logged..
You shouldn't have put "It doesn't matter" in there.
becuase the point to a poll is getting the public to decide for you, if you are having trouble.  Putting that option there, would only make things worse for your decision.  What if the majority of people say "It doesn't Matter".  What will be your decision, then?
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2006, 03:43:25 am »
Thats like saying what do I do if its a tie. If it is a stupid result, my team will discuss it.
the a o d c
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2006, 12:26:58 pm »
Yeah, remember that hacker from the early days? I do say that you get someone who is REALLY good at programming that can help you at security Issues.
liek me ;p
personally, I'm having a fair amount of fun messing around with the old demos and may have discovered a few potentially damaging security holes, although they're still a wip and I've yet to actually test if they work.  I'd rather not list what I've done in order to not give anyone any ideas ;p

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Thats like saying what do I do if its a tie. If it is a stupid result, my team will discuss it.

i think you should apply it, I mean if you were busy doing something and then you had to logoff then it would save where you were so you wouldn't have to start back from the starting point.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2006, 03:04:52 pm »
I chose No, the reason for that is people could log back in to boss rooms where they logged out.  But if you made it so if they log in a boss room and they go back to the beginning then I will say that if someone logs out and they log in then it would make them stay int he room BUT not the same position.
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2006, 03:49:58 pm »
  • PWNED
i noticed "class requirments" does that mean the novice will be able to fight??

or is it more of a item gathering thing?

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2006, 03:38:05 am »
Yeah, remember that hacker from the early days? I do say that you get someone who is REALLY good at programming that can help you at security Issues.
liek me ;p
personally, I'm having a fair amount of fun messing around with the old demos and may have discovered a few potentially damaging security holes, although they're still a wip and I've yet to actually test if they work.  I'd rather not list what I've done in order to not give anyone any ideas ;p
Blame GameMaker. I have changed alot, but if you are volunteering to fix, go for it. IM me in MSN (You damn VB expert you :P).

i think you should apply it, I mean if you were busy doing something and then you had to logoff then it would save where you were so you wouldn't have to start back from the starting point.
Thats what most MMOs actually do =)

I chose No, the reason for that is people could log back in to boss rooms where they logged out.  But if you made it so if they log in a boss room and they go back to the beginning then I will say that if someone logs out and they log in then it would make them stay int he room BUT not the same position.
If it was the boss room, itd obviously switch to the inn :P

i noticed "class requirments" does that mean the novice will be able to fight??

or is it more of a item gathering thing?
Novices will eventually be able to fight (simple attack lol) but yes, for class changes, you need some items. Just ask somebody for them or something.

Thanks for the votes and replies.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 77 queries.