Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phoenix Wright  (Read 2385 times)

Phoenix Wright
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:37:44 am »
I was thinking about remaking Phoenix Wright. I want to do this because I think that there are many people out there who does not have Phoenix Wright, as it is very rare/expensive to find nowadays. Because of that I want to help the helpless out there to enjoy PW wherever they might be. I am thinking of remaking this using GM/Java. C++ I have not learned much yet. There really isn't a lot to program in PW, but with the huge dialog, that will take time.

The only problem is, I don't know if it is worth remaking Phoenix Wright. I also thought about a Zelda themed court-style game, but thought that it won't work out too well. Remaking PW might be worth it, as I could add a case editor where you can create your own cases and share it with people everywhere.

I will mainly rip graphics/animations from the GBA version of Gyakuten Saiban/Gyakuten Saiban 2. The music I already have, but I don't have PW2's soundtrack... yet. Sound effects, don't know. Maybe with accurate precision I can record it using VBA. The extra cases in the DS version of PW might pose a problem....

So, how do you guys think?
Re: Phoenix Wright
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:32:03 am »
  • :3
you really should see you're self PW is really something els than a Zelda game and allot of people make Zelda games so.... PW remake is much more original
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:01:29 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Wow, I was just thinking today when I saw the rips on spritersresource how cool it would be to have a Pheonix Wright remake/fangame. I definately think that it's worth it. A custom case maker would be pretty amazing too, though I'm not sure how well that would work :/ If you do decide to make it though, I'd be more than willing to assist with coding (well, if it's in GM at least... I forgot the very little bit of C++ I knew). Good luck :]
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:41:30 pm »
Awesome. I tried, but failed miserably :-\. Here's the ultimate resource for sprite rips, and the like: http://www.croik.com/PW/media.htm. From Gyakuten Saiban (GBA) 1, 2 and 3 :P!
Enjoy. By the way, would you be so kind as to remake number 3 instead ;D? The translation of the GBA ROM has begun (Comeback Courtroom 3 Translation Project), it's been existing longer than the Phoenix Wright DS game, even, but I think a recode in DS style would rock ;D!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:31:35 pm »
Awesome source! Animations aren't up though =(

I should also let you know that I haven't programmed anything "huge" before, so I'll have to practice things piece by piece (text engine only, menu engine only, etc). Think of me as a beginner  ;D

I'll see what I can do. I probably won't start this until college, because this year I'm swamped. College time will probably be the best time for me, because I'll have free time, and I plan to major in computer science. Plus I'll have to play all of the PWs to reduce spoiling, but I guess I can "play" PW while I program XD.

For the case editor, I can implement something where you have a timetable, and you can have a set of events, such as change screen, change character actions, etc. It will look somewhat like BASIC. Exporting case files will have dialog and stuff in it, and if you choose you can export your own images/music files too.

Long ways to go~! If anyone wants to start this before me, feel free to start on this project. I'll catch up somehow ;) For starters, let's list things to implement.

Example:
- Clickables (the bottom menu)
- Dialogue
- Etc
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 02:13:53 pm »
The animations are down :o?! ...!@#$% :'(. They had literally every sprite and animation, character, etc. from every case in the first 3 games... :'( :'( :'(. I can't use the cry emoticon enough in the 2000 letter restriction :'(.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:17:08 pm »
Good luck with it, and I'm actually expecting this, since a lot of people talk about it and I don't have it...
It just seemed to me to have the same lifespan as Another Code/Trace Memory, and IMO that lifespan isn't worth the price...
Looking forward for it ;)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 02:47:40 pm »
Yeah, the lifespan of the game isn't really that great... there's 5 cases, a hardcore gamer could complete the game in a couple of days, but I took it easy and it took me almost a month ::).
The first case takes only 20-30 mins to complete playing, the next takes a couple of hours minimum, a day at max. The third and fourth are REALLY confusing at times, they're very hard. A day, or two. The fifth and final one... it's fun! Although it's mainly in 3D, so it's gonna be near impossible to remake in GM :-\.

...but the case editor sounds !@#$% AMAZING ;D!

The screenshots area of Court Records might help with the DS rips, though.

Also, mind adding in the Pysche Lock feature so we can remake the next few games for you, perhaps :P?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 06:28:26 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
phoenix wright is a remake of Gyakuten Saiban from Japan, and you're doing a remake of a remake. wow.... >.>
but it would be nice though....

I really wanna play it... I got my M3, but I don't have a card reader for my san disk.

go for it!

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:01 pm »
We are aware of that <_<...

Oh, and in case you're thinking this is a DS homebrew, because of your comment about your M3 (you lucky !@#$%, I only have a GBAMP2), it's a GM game.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:05 am »
  • :3
the animations are back !!! http://www.croik.com/PW/sprites1.htm
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:43 pm »
Unlike OOT2D, and any other remake, this actually might be possible. Good luck on this, if you do attempt it.
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 09:25:17 pm »
the animations are back !!! http://www.croik.com/PW/sprites1.htm

YAY! That's great! They really have a lot of animations ;D! They used to be hosted on Photobucket, though, I wonder what happened to that...????
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 61 queries.

anything