Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Link [update info]  (Read 3458 times)

The Dark Link [update info]
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:14:32 am »
If you want updates you need to go to my Forum and register at

http://Freepowerboards.com/ferdows/ ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:03:20 am by Fierce Deity »
  • Ferdows Forums
Re: The Dark Link
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:18:11 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
A game fueld by revenge.  Me likee.

Just don't stupify the game with retarded ideas like "spiderman link".
No offense to some people.

Anyway, this project looks like it may be promising.  So hurry up and confirm my hopes!

Oh, and good luck.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:19:42 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
I'll beta test  :P
if this gets good.

but yeah.
sounds good

try using zelda classic but remember:
Needs a ton of detail, fill the screen with everythign you can.
the master exerpt took almost 30 minutes - 1 hr making on screen look very stylish.
but take about 2 minutes per screen (you don't have to) and make the screen full of life (flowers everywhere, trees)
use more than one tree in one screen if you use one.

tips man, just tips

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:25:18 am »
I'll beta test  :P
if this gets good.

but yeah.
sounds good

try using zelda classic but remember:
Needs a ton of detail, fill the screen with everythign you can.
the master exerpt took almost 30 minutes - 1 hr making on screen look very stylish.
but take about 2 minutes per screen (you don't have to) and make the screen full of life (flowers everywhere, trees)
use more than one tree in one screen if you use one.

tips man, just tips
Yeah but i'm thinking more of game maker
but in the end if i go with zelda classic
I'll renember te tip ;)
  • Ferdows Forums
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:31:02 am »
  • :'O
A game Field by revenge.  Me liker.

Just don't stupefy the game with retarded ideas like "spiderman link".
No offense to some people.

Anyway, this project looks like it may be promising.  So hurry up and confirm my hopes!

Oh, and good luck.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Spiderman Link man i could barley write This laughing h aha ah man that rich :'(

Anyways I keep telling you that rich idea is retarted you retard

MinEdit:
Oni_Link, cut the flaming.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 04:12:06 pm by MiNalien »
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:21:13 pm »
Sounds good, we need a darker game and less flaming from oni_link, but that is unrelated

What style will it be in?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:30:38 pm »
I haven't decided
but either MC or LTTP
  • Ferdows Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 04:43:00 pm »
Well if you make it lttp I can help a little(little tiny bit)
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 04:56:49 pm »
The story looks unoriginal, uninspired, cheesy, and silly. I'm sorry, but the plot could use some serious work.

Cheesy temple names (unoriginal too), Link is talking now (...he never talks), he is poor or something so he wants revenge? And then "but a darkness overcomes during the journey!: - well there is a darkness in every journey, some evil is the point of Link doing anything in the first place!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 05:06:34 pm »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to overly critical, though the temples names need work and so does the whole going to Ganondorf thing, he is working on it, and not unoriginal, you said yorself Link has never talked before, so it IS original Link is different.

Clearly Link becoming overcome by evil is not being beaten, it is him TURNING evil Link is the evil in this story, so you can't say that is not original and
some evil is the point of Link doing anything in the first place!
it has never been himself before!!!!

I am so sick of people shooting down working, early, ideas, you have no idea what the outcome will be, so just stop critisizing people with no basis!!! >:(
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:19:40 pm »
The story looks unoriginal, uninspired, cheesy, and silly. I'm sorry, but the plot could use some serious work.

Cheesy temple names (unoriginal too), Link is talking now (...he never talks), he is poor or something so he wants revenge? And then "but a darkness overcomes during the journey!: - well there is a darkness in every journey, some evil is the point of Link doing anything in the first place!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to overly critical, though the temples names need work and so does the whole going to Ganondorf thing, he is working on it, and not unoriginal, ooh Links talking, so it is ORIGINAL Link is different.

Clearly Link becoming overcome by evil is not being beaten, it is him TURNING evil Link is the evil in this story, so you can't say that is not original and
some evil is the point of Link doing anything in the first place!
it has never been himself before!!!!

I am so sick of people shooting down working, early, ideas, you have no idea what the outcome will be, so just stop critisizing people with no basis!!! >:(
I agree with Scooter, I'm afraid. This is a child-like, clich??d idea of what it means to be 'dark'. Link turns evil. Blood. Death. Yawn. I would say this premise has been done to death, but none of those projects ever make it past Early Productions & Ideas. If this fares any better, maybe I'll take another look, but with nothing to make it stand out from the crowd it's a real turn off for me.

Edit:
And this is a perfectly legitimate place for criticising stories/plots however early in develpment they are.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 05:22:20 pm »
Well I am more mad about how that Scooter has a lot of what I would consider flames and the mods don't do anything about it. And to the other part of your post read mine again very carefully.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 05:29:11 pm »
Well if you make it lttp I can help a little(little tiny bit)
I've chosen
LTTP
I have a mock up i'll upload it Soon!
  • Ferdows Forums
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 05:54:30 pm »
Well I am more mad about how that Scooter has a lot of what I would consider flames and the mods don't do anything about it.

Well, there is a difference between flaming and being honest. I do get a bit flamy sometimes, but it is definitely necessary sometimes.

I don't see how anything I said in my previous post in this topic was flaming. I didn't say "this sucks quit now" I said the plot needs some serious work, which I still stand by. I wish people wouldn't get on my case for trying to make lucid, helpful posts, which sometimes might be harsh. And I'd say criticism is most important in this stage of development. It'll define how the whole game turns out!

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 07:51:54 pm »
  • sorry for messing up the image for an avy torch...
Hey, I just realized how nobody actually pays attention to the games they play... Now then, time to say this one more time, LINK CAN SPEAK! Have any of you ever played The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time? I'm Sure you have! When you first meet zelda and asks for links name what color is the text of the name? Green, and from that I figured this out:

Green = Link
Blue = Navi
White = Any NPC

So then, I think I'll Save tis in a Text File today since I have to explain this all the time!

(2:03:18 AM) ***Shun_Nakamura hands Zero and ldxmzg boxes of marijuana
Ill treasure it forever
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 08:42:01 pm »
I dislikes the mockup's r??solution (200*250 pixels). Can be use 320*240.  ;)
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 08:44:01 pm »
Sounds interesting. Although i'm not really in love with the temple names.

Blood tempe, death temple.

They don't really fit.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 09:53:41 pm »
No, Link can't speak! That isn't him speaking! And even if he COULD speak (which apparently he must've had to do for Zelda to know his name), it doesn't show it. And it isn't "Link", it is whatever you name him. So it isn't relaly him speaking anyway.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 07:17:44 pm »
Well I am more mad about how that Scooter has a lot of what I would consider flames and the mods don't do anything about it.

Well, there is a difference between flaming and being honest. I do get a bit flamy sometimes, but it is definitely necessary sometimes.

I don't see how anything I said in my previous post in this topic was flaming. I didn't say "this sucks quit now" I said the plot needs some serious work, which I still stand by. I wish people wouldn't get on my case for trying to make lucid, helpful posts, which sometimes might be harsh. And I'd say criticism is most important in this stage of development. It'll define how the whole game turns out!
I would not consider that critisizm though, I would consider it a flame. But others don't share my opinion.

So, I think everyone agrees that the temple names should be changed Link57.
So what form of Hyrule will there be a lttp based one an OoT based one, what?
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 01:05:27 am »
  • :'O
go ahead and use the tiles I gave you joker14 is being an !@#$% so give credit to

alirazaq and
.TaKaM for tiles
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 78 queries.