Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Jake and Blake, poor kids  (Read 4771 times)

[Submission] Jake and Blake, poor kids
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:45 am »
  • It's just Max.
Names: Jake and Blake
Ages: 7 and 8
Race: Hylian

A couple filler kids who play around the little river in the slums. They want to be pirates, and usually shout phrases at Link such as, "hey you! Avast the scuppers!" "Hey green hat! Boil the mizzenmast!" They're never actually seen a ship before, but are pretty sure they could command one to great pirating success. They're convinced that there's buried treasure in the tavern, but aren't allowed in. DARRn.

They probably have parents, because they aren't around at night.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
Re: [Submission] Jake and Blake, poor kids
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 04:36:12 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
It could be a cool concept if these kids worked in a way that they were kind of like an unintentional rumor mill, leading Link to all sorts of treasures.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:05 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I like the idea of an unintentional rumor mill via children. Especially because it sort of gives an automatic cryptic quality to the hints, since they're viewed through a child's eyes. For example, it wouldn't be something like, "I heard this woman needs a potted plant because she wants to take care of something and she might reward you for helping," it'd be something like, "that woman really liked it when we were playing jungle explorers in her yard. She's pretty weird."

I personally think that it'd work better if we let these kids focus on just piracy instead of being a rumor mill, and allowed them to be an end to a side quest (somehow help facilitate their play, via a wooden boat or sword or treasure chest or whatever), and make different children somewhere who can be the rumor mill kids.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:12 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Sounds like a Trouble Center kind of idea, or the equivalent of the Bomber's Notebook: If you want ideas for quests, just talk to the rumor mill kids. The cryptic messages could use some highlighted text, like Minish Cap does, to hint that there's something more than simply a throwaway line that an NPC would say, but rather there's some sort of sidequest to begin (or expand upon) by investigating it.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
"that woman really liked it when we were playing jungle explorers in her yard. She's pretty weird."

I believe that's called pedophilia!

All jokes aside, I think using them as a subtle hint system would be pretty cool.  Any objections from the crowd?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:04:06 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Any objections from the crowd?
First 15 seconds:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGtzMOYb5c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGtzMOYb5c</a>
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 10:00:44 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hahaha, the three stooges were my childhood. I'll write up an entry for hint system characters.

Which, you know, actually might count as an objection? Let's just use different characters as a hint system. These characters can be filler and (if we accept him) Stanley can repair a wooden boat or sword that Link brings him and gives it to these characters to fulfill their pirate dreams.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:44:41 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Just going through and checking on some NPCs since it looks like we might get to populating Hyrule town in the near future with the maps coming along. Olrey and Rira are serving as hint characters, and these kids are filler/someone Stanley can do something for. Acceptable?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 54 queries.

anything