Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Rejected]Gyorg and Alpha Gyorg  (Read 5157 times)

[Rejected]Gyorg and Alpha Gyorg
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: Gyorg
HP: 4
Location: Bodies of water, mostly found by being accidentally caught with a fishing rod.
Description: The purple sharks of WW. When link moves away the pier,(If the Gyorg was fished out from the depths) the gyrog will dive down and disappear
Attacks:
    Bite- 1 HP
Only able to do this if link is in the water. If link is on the surface it'll attack on the surface, if link is below the surface it'll attack below the surface. It can't change which one it is in while attacking. Link can avoid this attack if its on the surface by diving. If your diving and it's under the water you surface to avoid damage.
   Jump- 1 HP
Only able to do this if link is on a pier. It jumps out of the water and tackles link, knocking him into the water.
Player Combat Countermeasures:
-When it jumps out of the water, a shield bash, or a sword slash can knock it back.
-Projectile weapons effect it normally
-Boomerang and hookshot stun it.

Name: Alpha Gyorg
HP: 8
Location: found by being accidentally caught with a fishing rod.
Description: Based off of the design for the WW Gyorg. Its covered in armor which increases it's HP it's momentum when it rams into something. When link moves away the pier,(If the Gyorg was fished out from the depths) the gyrog will dive down and disappear
Attacks:
   Bite- 1.5 HP
Only able to do this if link is in the water. If link is on the surface it'll attack on the surface, if link is below the surface it'll attack below the surface. It can't change which one it is in while attacking. Link can avoid this attack if its on the surface by diving. If your diving and it's under the water you surface to avoid damage.
   Ram- 1.5 HP
Only able to do this if link is in the water. It charges at link. If it hits a rock or a wall it's stunned. If it hits link it knocks him underwater.If link is on the surface it'll attack on the surface, if link is below the surface it'll attack below the surface. It can't change which one it is in while attacking. Link can avoid this attack if its on the surface by diving. If your diving and it's under the water you surface to avoid damage.
   Jump- 1.5 HP
Only able to do this if link is on a pier. It jumps out of the water and tackles link, knocking him into the water.
Player Combat Countermeasures:
-When it jumps out of the water, a shield bash, or a sword slash can knock it back.
-Projectile weapons effect it normally
-Boomerang and hookshot stun it.

As a side note, I think you should be able to use all of the items except the bomb cannon, shadow cloak and the rock's cape, while your in the water.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:42:36 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
Re: [Submission]Gyorg and Alpha Gyorg
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:09:12 pm »
Hmm, I don't know about this though. I think it is a difficult thing to do. The cloud versions in MC were nice because Link and the enemy where on kinda equal footing. THe same goes for WW as the overworld is mostly water and Link had a boat to stand on.

Using weapons in the water I don't know about that. It kinda irks me. And I have a hard time imagining the Jump attack. When the fish jumps out of the water and attacks Link, he would most likely be knocked backwards on to the land instead of the water.
Re: [Submission]Gyorg and Alpha Gyorg
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:04 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
It could maybe grab link and pull him into the water?
Re: [Revise]Gyorg and Alpha Gyorg
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 09:21:05 am »
Thus, when Link doesn't have flippers he will drown and but back on the pier after a while. When Link does have the flippers he is in the water, pretty much at the mercy of the gyorg.  :huh:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:01:16 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
When you are swimming you can dash to avoid it. There is a ladder at each of the piers. Plus if they ram into something(Eg, rocks or riverside) they are stunned for a second or two.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:17:21 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Sounds really confusing to me, but maybe crazy enough to work? I honestly think whoever wants to program these buggers should be the one to approve this :p
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:48:13 am »
Yes it is really confusing. But probably also very strange to play. Link has a limited range of motion due to the pier. Link can only attack with a projectile when the enemy is straight horizontal or vertical from Link. There is no targeting. The enemy can only attack Link as it is on the tiles directly next to the water. Link's handheld attacks only reach when the enemy is directly next to the pier.

And how far do either the enemy or Link have to be away from the water edge to be considered retreating.

Another thing is that the style is MC. Considering that diving in regular hasn't really been explained in the GDD I assume it follows the MC style.  Which means that once Link dives he will automatically surface after a time period has passed. And the player cannot control surfacing. Thus having an enemy that attacks above and below the surface would leave the player in a undefensive position.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:34 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm not sure about this one guys. Niek? Max?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hmm, I actually think it could work, but only on the contingency that there is some other good reason to have the piers with fishing rods on them. Like, what do you mainly use the fishing rods for, that would provide a reason for you to be using the fishing rods to accidentally fish out a Gyorg.

Also, I'd probably get rid of the Alpha Gyorg's ram attack. Since the only way he'd use it is if you fish him up, he knocks you in, and you decide to fight him in the water instead of on land, which I don't know why you would, because you can't use your sword, presuming this is in a top-down swimming area.

You know, I don't know if we ever discussed having the side scroller swimming areas like OOX had, but I'd always been in favor of those, and the Alpha Gyorg might just fit in there.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »
To be frank, the fishing was the thing that always bored me the most in Zelda games. Also I see the combat as the biggest set back. As the enemy moves around in the water, Link will have to stand on the edge of the pier waiting for the enemy to get in range of the sword or in line of projectile weapons. And Link is pretty much screwed when he gets in the water. He cannot fight there and he can only get out of the water where it is shallow or at a ramp.

To me I don't see it working.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm not sure Max. I think I have to side with Niek on this one. The pier thing also turns me off.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Aright, I was actually just saying I could see it working, not that it was a good idea, haha. Righto, I'm siding with you guys then, rejected.

...because fishing bored me too :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 61 queries.