Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Link to the Past-GB-I bow out humbly.....  (Read 9178 times)

Re: Link to the Past-GB
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 03:42:51 am »
Last...if you frown then I hope you dont play ANY remake by ANYONE...that include official remakes from the companies....
What the hell is wrong with you? I never said I'm not going to play this, or I frown down upon fan games. I said I frown down upon THIS, because you aren't doing anything. You're taking an already made game and editing the graphics. Kame basically hits the nail on the head. And, chances are, the engine is more buggy than the original engine. So I don't appreciate this comment.
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 03:52:18 am »
  • [sic]
Also, I might as well just say in addition that not only are you remaking a premade game, you're remaking a premade game using premade materials. Kinda like making a TV dinner out of canned food, isn't it? It has no real point or worth, just something to pass the time or something that you can say "Ah, yeah, this is kind of neat, now it looks like it's on a Gameboy" to and fiddle around with a bit, rather than something actually interesting and worthwhile.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:47 am »
Also, I might as well just say in addition that not only are you remaking a premade game, you're remaking a premade game using premade materials. Kinda like making a TV dinner out of canned food, isn't it? It has no real point or worth, just something to pass the time or something that you can say "Ah, yeah, this is kind of neat, now it looks like it's on a Gameboy" to and fiddle around with a bit, rather than something actually interesting and worthwhile.
That's kinda like what I'm doing lol...I must have been misunderstood....It's just a big project to work on programming...
To help me with making the detailed programming...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:01:31 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 06:59:17 am »
3d turned 2d remakes are already pretty un-interesting, but 2d to 2d + black and white? not a clever idea and it doesn't look good
I wouldn't play it, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to.. I just don't see the point.

Im getting sick of saying this, but remakes suck, make a custom fangame, its much more interesting

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:03 am »
Don't listen to what they say, if you want to make a game, make a game.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:21:09 am »
Dude.. .TaKam chill...I'm doing this as a help to myself...but I wanted to let others know...After I finish this,I will be grounded enough into
programming so I can start to try my own stuff whether it be Zelda or fricken Tomogochi...lol...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 07:44:42 am »
stop instigating. I'm perfectly calm.
Im saying I don't see how this helps anyone, even yourself, its not even a confidence boost if people are telling you its a pointless, waste of time.

gm112

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:41 am »
This is your decision so stick with it. People may have their opinions but if I were you, stick to your project. Takam I don't understand why you always tell members to quit their fan game projects. This is a zelda fan game site after all, why can't they? Anywho, tfs, this is the game YOU want to make. Not what OTHERS want to make. I'm looking forward to seeing this project in further development.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 07:49:46 am »
ummm.. I don't always tell members to drop their fangames, I tell the ones making the remakes I consider very stupid and pointless that theyre very stupid and pointless.

whats next? lttp-lttp style? I know everyone wants to encourage others, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

gm112

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 07:53:59 am »
Well, it's really getting old. It's the game designers choice to remake a video game.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:33 am »
oh for god's sake gm112, I honestly slapped myself after reading that post.

"its someones decision to decide something"? really!?
its also my opinion I should express my opinion, because I decided to decide that decision

all you're doing is encouraging to disregard opinions and look out for number 1, how incredibly selfish and close minded.

gm112

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 08:01:26 am »

its also my opinion I should express my opinion, because I decided to decide that decision

all you're doing is encouraging to disregard opinions and look out for number 1, how incredibly selfish and close minded.
Selfish and close minded?! Well, you sir aren't the bright one either. You find fan game topics and immediately telling the game designer to stop and you continue to bug them with your opinion. Post your damn opinion and get it over with. If they continue who cares? It's their problem if things don't work out not yours.
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 08:05:37 am »

Selfish and close minded?! Well, you sir aren't the bright one either. You find fan game topics and immediately telling the game designer to stop and you continue to bug them with your opinion. Post your damn opinion and get it over with. If they continue who cares? It's their problem if things don't work out not yours.
just relax gm112, you really need to stop trolling my opinions, it doesn't concern you.

gm112

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 08:08:05 am »

just relax gm112, you really need to stop trolling my opinions, it doesn't concern you.
Whatever.. ZFGC is a fan game community, I'm trying to enforce that idea. Their idea for a fan game doesn't concern you either.
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 08:14:34 am »
I have the feeling you're under the impression that remake = fangame
thats not the case, discouraging remakes doesn't mean discouraging fangames.

and you're saying these remakes shouldn't concern me since Im not the one making them, and considering you aren't making them either, by your argument you have no place telling me what should and shouldnt concern me.

but in my case, I'm saying it should, and does concern me because I think its a waste of potential creativity.
Which is no hole of contradiction. Unlike your argument.
I'm done, infact this will be my last post in this topic, you can say the last word if you want gm112, though anything other than "I admit defeat" is just a plain lie.

and to Theforeshadower, I hope through all of this my point that I think you could be doing something much more creative with your time and energy isn't lost.

gm112

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25:23 am »
I have the feeling you're under the impression that remake = fangame
thats not the case, discouraging remakes doesn't mean discouraging fangames.

and you're saying these remakes shouldn't concern me since Im not the one making them, and considering you aren't making them either, by your argument you have no place telling me what should and shouldnt concern me.
but in my case, I'm saying it should, and does concern me because I think its a waste of potential creativity.
In my case I say you shouldn't because it's a waste of time trying to encourage a member to quit his project. I don't believe it's a waste of potential creativity because either way if it succeeds or not, it will most likely teach the member to either improve or move on to things other than fan game development.
I'm done, infact this will be my last post in this topic, you can say the last word if you want gm112, though anything other than "I admit defeat" is just a plain lie.

and to Theforeshadower, I hope through all of this my point that I think you could be doing something much more creative with your time and energy isn't lost.
By the looks so far, Theforeshadower looks pretty independent on his project. You can't say that his energy is lost or unless he's a member who constantly makes multiple projects one after another. But in the end, it's all a matter of opinion.
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 08:30:19 am »
There is nothing wrong with remaking this for GB style. I for one would love to see some areas and stuff redone in it.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 08:30:48 am »
If you can't both get along, I'll ban you both. Get over it and back on topic: LTTPGB.
the a o d c
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 08:32:36 am »
Woah,sorry that this caused this much controversy...I am still continuing on with it...
Just apologizing for the problem caused...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 08:38:37 am »
Dont apologise, you did nothing wrong. You posted a great project with tile progress, and that deserves a star.

Keep it up, and you might get another =D.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 78 queries.