Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cool Zelda movie/animation  (Read 2190 times)

Cool Zelda movie/animation
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:41:47 am »
Well I just saw this on youtube, so I thought id share it, its actually quite well made:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hp8dQhyJRBs&feature=related

Tell me what you thought.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Cool Zelda movie/animation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 06:49:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
eh... I actually dont like it... To me, it appears poorly designed... :( the models are kidna crappy, the animations are not lifelike at all, and the effects are the default 3dstudiomax effects (the fire and stuff)... IMO the extra 5 minutes to design a mesh based particle is worth the time :P

But it was alright, I'll give it that
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:22 am »
  • :3
its posted before and like i said before link looks like poo
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:01 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
I really like this, yeah link looks ropey as do certain animations but I can't believe the two who posted prior to me, honestly how dare you just sit there and criticize someones work in such a manner!? I'd like to see either of you do any better cos I bet you couldn't.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 11:22:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I just think the creator should have put more time into doing the models and particle effects :P A lot of what was shown there were default 3dStudioMax effects, and the models didnt appear rigged properly; I may not be the best at 3d modelling, but theres just certain practices that should be avoided :P Just my opinion :p
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:40 am »
Hehe yeah the movie is alright. I agree about the rigging, Links legs don't bend properly.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:31:08 am by Uppy »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:31:35 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
o.0 considering the creator of that isnt asking for constructive criticism, and its a general post about a movie from someone unrelated to ZFGC, its not applicable :P We cant sit here and offer suggestions to someone who doesn't actively visit this forum. Since its here for our opinions, we can only offer that; our opinions. Theres a thin line between someone here creating something and posting it, and someone posting something someone not from ZFGC created :P

And I did offer constructive criticism :P I listed the things that need to be worked on, instead of having a vague comment regarding its quality :p

On topic: I still dont like it, same opinions as before
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:15 am »
:) The comment was removed prior to your post mate. I didn't actually realize that the poster of this wasn't also the creator of the vid due to me not bothering to read his post. Sorry man

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:40:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD tis all good

I do like the concept though :o
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:58:41 pm »
  • Pie is God.
I actually really enjoyed it... except for Link's face. That was just creeeeeepy. :(
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 11:53:56 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
...correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the creator of this post at zfgc at some point?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 05:12:27 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Eh, didn't really like it....but its still designed good.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 05:25:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
...correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the creator of this post at zfgc at some point?

Yes, the creator of this post is at ZFGC XD but he didnt create the video :P... The video creators name rings 0 bells whatsoever :P and ZFGC has had a very poor run in terms of 3d modelers (quantities, not quality)... theres only like 4 of em o.0;; none of which are this guy

<_<

Anyway, I just watched some of his other videos... I am not fond of his models at all o.o...... Otherwise everything is good... Its just the 3d stuff thats bad <_< which ultimately is everything except the concept behind it :P

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 04:44:55 pm »
Holy crap, I remember that. Still sucks some major balls right there.

Only because it's THREE DEE and hard to make doesn't mean it's good. Really, what the hell.

:) The comment was removed prior to your post mate. I didn't actually realize that the poster of this wasn't also the creator of the vid due to me not bothering to read his post. Sorry man
Only because he's not the creator doesn't mean the video sucks lol. I think it's important to still be able to say something is bad when it is indeed bad.

Also, "ID LIKE YOU SEE MAKE A GOOD VIDEO" is the worst accusation ever.

Yes, the creator of this post is at ZFGC XD but he didnt create the video :P... The video creators name rings 0 bells whatsoever :P and ZFGC has had a very poor run in terms of 3d modelers (quantities, not quality)... theres only like 4 of em o.0;; none of which are this guy

<_<

Anyway, I just watched some of his other videos... I am not fond of his models at all o.o...... Otherwise everything is good... Its just the 3d stuff thats bad <_< which ultimately is everything except the concept behind it :P
Just because that person posted it on YT doesn't mean he's the creator lol. ESPECIALLY not on YouTube.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 08:08:31 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Maybe it's not particularly good, but having some small idea of what it takes to make something like that I can appreciate the effort they put into it.  Not too bad really, considering the circumstances it was probably made under.  But... XD, his shield just disappears when he starts charging at Ganon.

Anyway... It could be much, much worse.  *cough*Light of Courage*cough*

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 11:44:27 pm »
There's this important difference between "So shitty it makes me sad inside" and "So shitty it's already epic".
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 11:57:29 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I saw this a while ago. I really liek it, and seeing as it wasnt done by a profeesional studio, and thus wasnt being paid etc (im assuming anyway) i think it very impressive. Except links face, thats just plain creepy

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 12:00:52 am »
  • w00t
Honestly I really liked it.  Yes, a couple of Link's animations needed a bit of revising, but aside from that I can't see any of the faults you guys are claiming that it has.  Personally I think the Link model looks fine, that the effects aren't boring, and that the animation quality in general is pretty good.  He took a lot of small details into account:  lighting, camera angles, camera movements and zooms, speed, flow, etc.  It looks like he spent a lot of time on it, and really I feel it is a high quality video.  Disagree if you wish, but perhaps you guys should step back and simply enjoy it for what it is while you watch it rather than scrutinizing it for issues. 

I'm in a marching band, and whenever I view another marching band show, I must force myself to enjoy the show as it is rather than looking for misplaced lines or people out of step, as it greatly increases the level of entertainment I get.  Perhaps the same principle applies here, and maybe people who already do 3D modeling, those "in the know" so to speak, can look at it and determine exactly what should have been done differently.  I as a casual observer though found it excellent. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 74 queries.