Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda II Speculation [Theory Warning]  (Read 2340 times)

Zelda II Speculation [Theory Warning]
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:18:41 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
I have no idea were this goes but, in the following image, you see a sillowette of ganon as the gameover screen from the second zelda game. The second zelda game happens after ganon died, not to bring up timelines or anything, it is mentioned somewere. The final boss of the game is Link's Shadow (Dark Link). According to the manual, the prince of hyrule was fooled by a wizard to forc out info on the trifoce from zelda after the king of hyrule died. (Zelda really didn't know.) When zelda refused, she was put into an eternal sleep by a spell by that wizard. The spell was so strong that the wizard sacraficed his life in the proccess. Later on in the game, the fourth dungeon's boss is identicle in apperance to the wizard. So is it possible that he was revived? Later in the game, the eigth and final boss is Link's Shadow. In the following image, you see Ganon's shadow in the game over screen. Is Link's Shadow Ganon? Was he revived along with the Wizard? The Wizard wanted the location of the Triforce of Courage from zelda, did he find out by infesting himself in zelda when he died? Did he tell Ganon? At the end of the game, after defeating Link's Shadow, Link obtains the triforce of power... Is that a coincidence? Did Ganon get revived by the triforce of Courage? Was he looking for it to steal Link's secret weapon? Did I ask to many questions? What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:55:14 pm by Random »
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Zelda II Speculation [Theory Warning]
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:28:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think you completely ignore the storyline of Zelda 2 and are overanalyzing the series as a whole...

Ganon was being resurrected. The "shadow ganon" you see is what results from your death in the game. Ganon's revived, so his reign is once more.

You can't really use the "collective storyline" as all of the games for each individual game. They don't go together unless otherwise specified in the game itself. Also, speculation is the bane of the Zelda series.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:57 am »
What are you talking about? The only time I mentioned another game was the how Link killed Ganon before the start of Zelda II, and that game might be a game that isn't even out yet. I never said anything else from the seris. > .> My point is, why is Ganon in the game over screen? Is it hinting that link went to the underworld to be tortured by Ganon? The world may never know.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 05:03:03 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
... I just answered that, and so does the game. The world already knows, and they have for 20+ years.

The whole point of Zelda 2 is that you're stopping a minion from resurrecting Ganon. It says "Game Over: Return of Ganon" because that's just the point... It's showing that (wait for it) Ganon has returned because you failed to complete your quest.

You're trying way too hard to link games in the series to one another, when they simply do not connect at all.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:35:40 am »
You're trying way too hard to link games in the series to one another, when they simply do not connect at all.
I jsut said that I am not connecing to any other game excep tthat link defeated ganon right bfore this, which can be almst any zelda game or even one that isn't out yet. I have nowhere else mentioned anything that remotly connects to another game or storyline.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:58:38 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Then why aren't you accepting the fact that the Zelda 2 storyline is about Ganon being resurrected unless you can defeat his followers? If you lose, BOOM. Ganon's back. If you win, guess what? He stays gone. Plain and simple.

There's only one game before this. It's "The Legend of Zelda". There is no "game that hasn't been released yet" that leads up to Zelda 2, since again, the timeline is a sham.

I reiterate (I think for the 3rd time)- "You're trying way too hard to link games in the series to one another, when they simply do not connect at all."
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 06:25:02 am »
Then why aren't you accepting the fact that the Zelda 2 storyline is about Ganon being resurrected unless you can defeat his followers? If you lose, BOOM. Ganon's back. If you win, guess what? He stays gone. Plain and simple.
I never said I wasn't accepting that. By the way, I neve finished either of the oracle games all the way, but is the same goal present in those games?
There's only one game before this. It's "The Legend of Zelda". There is no "game that hasn't been released yet" that leads up to Zelda 2, since again, the timeline is a sham.
I try to avoid the timeline as much as possible. But I'd like to point out the following: OoA and OoS happen simultainously, MM happens either before link goes to the future in OoT or after he defeats Ganon and goes back in time, atleast OoT (maybe MM) happens before WW, PH happans after that, then ST happens hundreds of years after that, and just to prove Nintendo has expressed timelines, they said that Twilight princess happens at the same time as The Wind Waker. There is no say rom nintendo about the FS Seris or any other Zelda game except that some game occured right before Zelda II. I do not support timelines (except the following that Nintendo said). Although, Nintendo said this is what happens, then they said there is no timelines, then they had an interview with Miyamoto on a Magazine that proved all this once again, so I'm a little iffy.
I reiterate (I think for the 3rd time)- "You're trying way too hard to link games in the series to one another, when they simply do not connect at all."
I reiterate also, for the third time again, I a only mentioned that Ganon was defeated in a game (can be almost any game) right before Zelda II. This has been an irritating huge tangent.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:39:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay, then again I'll answer your question by quoting what you asked, and then what I said-

the fourth dungeon's boss is identicle in apperance to the wizard. So is it possible that he was revived?

No.

Later in the game, the eigth and final boss is Link's Shadow. In the following image, you see Ganon's shadow in the game over screen. Is Link's Shadow Ganon?

No. It's Ganon. Because he was revived when Link lost.

Was he revived along with the Wizard?

No. You're making "something out of nothing".

The Wizard wanted the location of the Triforce of Courage from zelda, did he find out by infesting himself in zelda when he died? Did he tell Ganon? At the end of the game, after defeating Link's Shadow, Link obtains the triforce of power... Is that a coincidence? Did Ganon get revived by the triforce of Courage? Was he looking for it to steal Link's secret weapon?

No, no, yes, no, and no.

Did I ask to many questions?

Yes.

What do you think?

You're over analyzing it.

My point is, why is Ganon in the game over screen?

Because you lost the game, and Ganon was revived by his minions.

Is it hinting that link went to the underworld to be tortured by Ganon?

No. It's showing that Ganon is back because you lost the game.

The world may never know.

The world knows because they have the common sense to understand what's going on in the game. As a small child playing this game on the NES I knew. My entire family knew, and they didn't give a !@#$% about video games. Everyone in school knew. Everyone in the world knew.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:42:23 am by Mamoruanime »

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:51 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Wow Mammy, you're on a roll. o:
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:18:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I try to avoid the timeline as much as possible. But I'd like to point out the following: OoA and OoS happen simultainously, MM happens either before link goes to the future in OoT or after he defeats Ganon and goes back in time, atleast OoT (maybe MM) happens before WW, PH happans after that, then ST happens hundreds of years after that, and just to prove Nintendo has expressed timelines, they said that Twilight princess happens at the same time as The Wind Waker. There is no say rom nintendo about the FS Seris or any other Zelda game except that some game occured right before Zelda II. I do not support timelines (except the following that Nintendo said). Although, Nintendo said this is what happens, then they said there is no timelines, then they had an interview with Miyamoto on a Magazine that proved all this once again, so I'm a little iffy.

You're contradicting yourself by saying you don't support the timelines by going on to try to explain why there is a timeline.

Go ahead and send Nintendo an email about Zelda and timelines. You'll get a response back that states quite clearly there is no timeline.

"The Legend of Zelda" is what happens before "Zelda II".

"The Ocarina of Time" is what happens before "Majora's Mask".

"The Wind Waker" is what happens before "The Phantom Hourglass" and subsequently "Spirit Tracks".

So on so forth. These games do not relate to one another. Zelda II and Ocarina of Time don't tie in. Link to the Past and The Wind Waker don't tie in.

None of them connect unless otherwise directly specified in the game.

You're trying to say you're not involving timelines, but you're using it to attempt to prove some theory that you're trying to make self fulfilling by ignoring counterpoints.

Each game is meant to be enjoyed by itself with no relation to the other. It's something that you have to deal with.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:26:08 am »
You're contradicting yourself by saying you don't support the timelines by going on to try to explain why there is a timeline.
I realise that. (I thought I made that clear.)
Go ahead and send Nintendo an email about Zelda and timelines. You'll get a response back that states quite clearly there is no timeline.
I did, like 5 times, I got one respond that sai they were also iffy about it.
"The Legend of Zelda" is what happens before "Zelda II".

"The Ocarina of Time" is what happens before "Majora's Mask".

"The Wind Waker" is what happens before "The Phantom Hourglass" and subsequently "Spirit Tracks".

So on so forth. These games do not relate to one another. Zelda II and Ocarina of Time don't tie in. Link to the Past and The Wind Waker don't tie in.
The first part is what I said. ALttP does not connect to anything. LA, FS, FSA, MC, and possibly ZWii do not connect with anything. (You forgot to say that OoX and OoA happen at the same time and that OoT's legend is mentioned int he beggining of TWW, so OoT an possibly MM happened before TWW/PH/ST.) I do not support tht theory that states that there is a time wrift if link saves termina becuase, that will only effect termina an not hyrule. (Not sure if Z1 and Z2 tie in or not.)
None of them connect unless otherwise directly specified in the game.
Actualy they do connect if Miyamoto said so, which he did twice.
You're trying to say you're not involving timelines, but you're using it to attempt to prove some theory that you're trying to make self fulfilling by ignoring counterpoints.
I said for the fourth time, the only time I mentioned timelines in the first post of this topic is when I said Ganon was defeatedin a current existing or nonexisting game before the start of Z2.
Each game is meant to be enjoyed by itself with no relation to the other. It's something that you have to deal with.
I agree on that.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:42:12 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
You do realize that what you're saying now has absolutely no correlation to what you initially posted, right?

Also,

I did, like 5 times, I got one respond that sai they were also iffy about it.

No, you didn't. You probably think that you did for the same reasons you think there's more to Zelda II then what's obviously shown in the game.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:12 am »
Okay, then again I'll answer your question by quoting what you asked, and then what I said-

the fourth dungeon's boss is identicle in apperance to the wizard. So is it possible that he was revived?

No.

Later in the game, the eigth and final boss is Link's Shadow. In the following image, you see Ganon's shadow in the game over screen. Is Link's Shadow Ganon?

No. It's Ganon. Because he was revived when Link lost.

Was he revived along with the Wizard?

No. You're making "something out of nothing".

The Wizard wanted the location of the Triforce of Courage from zelda, did he find out by infesting himself in zelda when he died? Did he tell Ganon? At the end of the game, after defeating Link's Shadow, Link obtains the triforce of power... Is that a coincidence? Did Ganon get revived by the triforce of Courage? Was he looking for it to steal Link's secret weapon?

No, no, yes, no, and no.

Did I ask to many questions?

Yes.

What do you think?

You're over analyzing it.

My point is, why is Ganon in the game over screen?

Because you lost the game, and Ganon was revived by his minions.

Is it hinting that link went to the underworld to be tortured by Ganon?

The world may never know.

The world knows because they have the common sense to understand what's going on in the game. As a small child playing this game on the NES I knew. My entire family knew, and they didn't give a !@#$% about video games. Everyone in school knew. Everyone in the world knew.

I have to agree with these answers. But I do need to point out that the quest of the game is Link proving his courage and obtaining the Triforce of Courage to wake up Zelda. Nintendo added the additional plot that moblins/monsters are after Link's blood/lifeforce so they can resurrect Ganon, which was done to justify the overworld monsters, because there is no real omniscient threat in the game. Why the same game over screen is shown in dungeons as well as the overworld, is simply due to hardware/software limitations.

On the timeline. Nintendo lastly stated a timeline with OOT, but as each game was designed separately they let go of the timeline, because they couldn't justify it anymore. What Miyamoto says is not automatically Nintendo's point of view, but only Miyamoto's attempt to make a timeline theory. There probably is a lot of argument about it between all Nintendo's employees. Additionally Miyamoto hasn't had any real significant input in the series since Majora's Mask. Since then he has been supervising producer, with emphasis on supervising. He does have to approve of everything in the games and probably gives some advice and little bits of input, but the bulk of the work is done by Eiji Aonuma and EAD team 3.

You forgot to say that OoX and OoA happen at the same time
Correction, they happen consecutively in an order depending on the players desired play through.

About theories, you can speculate all you want, but realise that you will get in an endless debate with no real proof and only trying with logic traps. Resulting in each person getting annoyed with each other, because people are ignoring their points.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 10:51:05 pm »
  • b e p i s
People are still talking about the Zelda timeline? Why the !@#$% is this thread even here?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 10:54:47 pm »
People are still talking about the Zelda timeline? Why the !@#$% is this thread even here?
OMG! I said this multiple times over and over again. I will not discuss timelines and that isn't what this is about.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:59:39 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
OMG! I said this multiple times over and over again. I will not discuss timelines and that isn't what this is about.

*repeats himself once more*

But you're using them to try to prove a point that cannot be proven. Again, you're contradicting yourself.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:15 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Jesus Christ, do I really have to explain which games are specified to follow each other?

Zelda I -> Zelda II

Ocarina of Time Adult Link -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks

Ocarina of Time Young Link - Majora's Mask

There is NOTHING more to the games than what is told to you.  Link defeated Ganon in Zelda I, and his minions wanted to revive him.  Shadow Link was created by mixing Link's blood with Ganon's ashes.  That is all.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize this was locked >_>

But on another note..

C'mon...really? REALLY? That was mean! D=
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:02:36 am by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.691 seconds with 71 queries.