Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KOTF  (Read 607 times)

KOTF
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:55:48 pm »
I want to post this here since I'm not talking about this mod(www.kotf.com), but rather the rant of the fact that it's b.s.

This is somethig I've been following for quite awhile, much like OOT2D. This really pisses me off... because I want it to be true, I want to play this sooo friggin bad, but it'll probably never happen. Much like OOT2D, you hear of this fantastic progress... you see some great things, you even get a demo *gasp*. But unlike OOT2D... this guy lays out specific release dates, again and again and again. Then for weeks at a time, there is no word from him. Usually the forum goes down in this period of time and no comments get posted under the news post. Then he'll post again after 2 months or so to say how sorry he is, how he found X number of glitches that needed to be fixed or how X number of personal issues happened the day OF the release(which is funny considering he'll always post up to the release day). He'll disappear only to promise the release once he returns. Like a good stooge I have no choice but to check the site out the day of the release only to find no updates, no news posts, and certainly no links to the downloads.

Why does this keep happening? If these people are so fuckin good at what they do, to create something sooo fantastic, why is something as simple as a release date such a complicated matter? I mean, fuckin upload the game, have everything ready... then post that you'll release it on X date so when the !@#$% hits the fan, all you have to do is upload the links. Are said games elborate pranks? The guy from KOTF asks for donatations($100 bucks for his game on DVD while he's produced nothing in how long?), so is it about money? Does TRM do it just to have fun with forums? I see these guys, I have talked to them... they're smart, it's fully believable with dedicationt that they could do/have done these projects. So what is with the finish line to them? I don't want to think either of these guys are just jerkin the chains, I really don't think that's the case... but what is the case then?
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 38 queries.

anything