Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Reviving The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Power  (Read 7702 times)

Re: Reviving The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Power
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 12:40:38 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
hey 2a4ap, yeah azk is back on board and no, the story was one of the things lost on my computer along with Linkys awesome z3 booth psd.

And I love you too possum :P

Anywhoo thanks for the advice Hoffy, yeah we'll work on a font. the ideas are all zelda-ish so people should be quite happy playing it. As for the story, well it's pretty cool, I may not have it on my computer any more but I remember it pretty well.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 01:10:28 am »
Agreed, the textures arent ment to be photo  realistic but they are the textures that came with he houses (I assume you are talking about he doors) we ca replace the textures easily though, nice suggestion.

I was speaking in general about the buildings and such. The grass looks fine, and the characters are fine, but the buildings look like they need a slightly less realistic texture.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:13:58 am by legendarylugi »
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 02:45:49 am »
I was speaking in general about the buildings and such. The grass looks fine, and the characters are fine, but the buildings look like they need a slightly less realistic texture.

I follow what you mean, but at the same time, it's fair to say that often it's more HOW a texture is implemented. You can still use realistic textures, without gaining that feel to the scene. Often a mix can work well, along with the model itself having a major impact.

Hopefully this explains what I mean - http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/monophobe/paulfoster/gallery/thatchfull.jpg

That house I made uses a almost entirely photo textures. Some have been manipulated to give a different feel, and some are purely cropped photos. Every photo used on it I took myself either in the house or in our garden.
What really helps the scene (in my opinion naturally, you might all disagree completely) is the rather wonky construction I used in the design.

This kind of feel could work wonders in a Zelda game, rather than using such perfectly straight buildings as shown in the screenshots.

I love what you've shown so far, and if it wasn't for my own projects then I would definately be offering my assistance...... ngh.... and I really want to as well, lol, but I don't want to promise help that I don't have time to give.

Put it this way. If you have some small item that you need modeling every now and then, or a model that you think could do with a retexture, then message me and time allowing I'd be glad to help (if you wanted the help that is)

Good luck with it guys. Great to see that this project has resurfaced.
Artist for:

Currently working on:
Still Under NDA

http://www.monophobia.co.uk - My portfolio website
  • monophobia.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 03:54:10 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Oh, Uppy. You romantic, you.

Hey.  And now that I'm single, and don't have much to do before finals week, I can work on story/dialogue again!  I decided I hate a couple of my old lines (ie. 'I could have sworn').

Anyway, sorry to hear about your monitor, but I'm glad this is at a go again. :)

As for dialogue... methinks I'd want to know a list of NPCs and such... ah, we can talk about the specifics on MSN.  You do a great job, yourself.

Dang, it's been a while since I've heard from Azzy.  Hope we still do the soundtrack in prelease.

Then again, I'll be away starting at the end of next summer for two years, so I prolly won't even get to see too much of this :(

[EDIT] And I doubt anyone from the old team will have qualms if I post the first part of the story (subject to change, jerks):

In the land of Hyrule... darkness stirs.

Princess Zelda dwelt in Hyrule with her father, the king, living happily for many years.  When the king passed away, he left the rule of his kingdom to her.  She was a just ruler, but darkness crept into her mind.  She grew sleepless, many nightmares occupying her dreams.

The Khepri, a mysterious people, traveled from their desert homeland to the land of Hyrule and lived in harmony with the Hylians for many years.  A dark god was rumored to have destroyed the lands which were once their home, but none dared to speak of it, save it were Linn, the Khepri’s High Priest.

In the midst of their peaceful lives, the princess one day vanished.  With a great burden put on his shoulders, and with the grief occupying his mind, Linn began to act strangely.  The people needed relief and guidance more than ever before.

Link, a wanderer, ventured into the land.  On the outskirts of Hyrule, he stumbled upon Zelda’s nursemaid Impa.  She told him of Ganon and how he secretly invaded the castle.  Princess Zelda, in her foresight, divided the Triforce of Courage (of which she was caretaker of)  into three pieces and hid them in the deepest, darkest places of Hyrule.  Impa was only just able to escape when Ganon and his minions captured the princess.  However, because of the seriousness of her injuries, she requested that Link to find an herb deep within the woods to cure her.  Link agrees to this mission and sets off on his quest.  Link agrees to this mission and sets off on his quest.

He starts the quest without a sword, so he must run from any unfriendly creatures until he stumbles upon a cave which contains the legendary Master Sword.  The ancient relics surrounding the sword explain the sword’s marvelous story.

With his newfound sword, Link battled his way through the forest, managing to find the herb being guarded by an ancient forest demon.  He slays the demon to claim the herb, quickly rushing to find Impa.  He gives her the herb, but to no avail, as she passes away in his arms.  He last piece of counsel is to seek out and find Linn for help on his quest.

As Link searches for Linn, he becomes acquainted with the Khepri.  After exploring the town outside of Hyrule Castle, and listening to the concerns of the townspeople, he finds Linn and asks for his help on his quest.  Linn betrays Link, calling him an enemy, and a threat to Ganon’s plan, rendering him swordless.

Link escapes and heads off to the forest to find the first piece of the Triforce of Courage.  Upon his journey into the forest, he finds some old ruins.  In the midst of these ruins lay the Sword of Power.  While it is unclear, what this sword’s power is, the ruins do mention that it takes upon itself a different form to it’s essences.

Link heads into a door found in the middle of these stone castle ruins.

Hopefully you're experience a friendly form of deja vu.  If you don't like it: !@#$% off, or give me feedback.

Thx!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:58:38 am by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Well i dont mean to be crude but thats bloody awesome.
This whole project is.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 01:09:41 pm »
let's see this come alive!!!
seriously. continue making it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 12:35:04 am »
This project looks amazing, I hope you continue to work on it. XD
  • RPG Empire

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:28 pm »
  • The Mike
I'm glad this project is coming back. I was wondering what happened to it. Uppy, is that HUD from before still going to be used with the font and colour-style I made for it?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 11:08:43 pm »
No idea mate, I do have he HUD psd file though so I'l have to take a look.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 11:38:50 pm »
  • The Mike
I'll find the topic on the forum for it. Is it ok if I post it?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 12:15:34 am »
a link to the forum? not quite yet, if you are talking about the HUD then thats fine dude :)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 12:28:02 am »
  • The Mike
Well, this is the HUD. I didn't make the Heart Meter, Magic Meter, Fancy Items part at the top right or the Rupee icon. I did however find a good enough font to fit the style. Hope you enjoy!

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 12:34:12 am »
  • 笑い男
that's a really nice font :O

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 02:15:01 am »
  • The Mike
The font's name is called Hobo Std. It sounds contagious! XD

• Zelda Eternity

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 02:41:36 am »
The font's name is called Hobo Std. It sounds contagious! XD
It sounds like an STD you'd get from having sex with a hobo.

BTW I like the font. I remember when you made the font I thought you made like everything else there. :P
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 69 queries.

anything