Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] Zelda: Just Beginning  (Read 27139 times)

Re: [DEMO] Zelda: Just Beginning
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2007, 10:17:38 pm »
  • 笑い男
The background warping (when you do a spin attack or a bomb goes off) is great :P

This seems like a very nice game, on both the programming and design sides :D
(the story at the start of the demo and the switching to the bombs sound was great XD)

Hopefully I'll find time to play more of it as I really want to ^^
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:19:10 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2007, 04:28:58 am »
  • icybro
I really cannot wait to bomb some Dodongos, keeping an eye on this.
contrecoup, on the rebound
contrecoup, hurt me again
and the second was worst
by far than the first
cause it made me limerent
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2007, 01:51:07 pm »
  • 笑い男
when i got the chance to do so, i ran out of bombs >_<

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2007, 01:20:33 am »
I was getting mad at the dodongos for opening their mouths in the wrong direction, but then I hit them with my sword and everything was happy.

The intro was amusing, the effects were really cool, and everything seemed pretty solid. A couple of rooms had me stumped until I tried different things with the items. Of course, one of those times was just because I didn't realize I could jump over two squares with the feather.

I didn't get to the end of the demo...the arrow form of the boss was insane, following me around like that. o.O

Edit: Of course! The music was really great, too.
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2007, 12:10:44 am »
  • 笑い男
jesus christ, how the hell do you beat the second form of the last boss? O_o lol
all these fan games insiting on me playing in a window the size of a pin head though get's quite annoying >_<
being able to have window sizes to choose from would be nice :P (i bet you already can and i just missed it >_<)

and if that's the first dungeon, this game's going to be hard o_o
trying such nuts ideas to get the compass would usually be over the top in other zelda games, but not this one lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:18:10 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:35 am »
  • Fear my Blades
Hawthorneluke, the second form of the boss is pretty tricky, he's one of my favorites from Links Awakening.  The three phases of the boss were chosen specifically so you'd have to use EVERY item you got so try everything you have.

The demo isn't actually a part of the game, so it isn't the first dungeon.  The first boss will be quite a bit easier.

being able to have window sizes to choose from would be nice Look at me, I'm invisible! (i bet you already can and i just missed it >_<)
Heh, yeah, hit F4 and there's an option called Window Scale, it'll go up to 4X.  Don't worry when it doesn't change immediately, it does when you close the menu.

Hylian Lemon, I hope you aren't just trying to walk around his attacks, you'll never beat him like that  ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 02:46:55 am by Atrius »

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37:34 am »
  • 笑い男
I guess i'll be giving that another shot then, from the start again >_< lol
i'm pretty sure i did try all items on anything i thought would make a difference (weird monster in the walls, mouth open or closed, thing on end of thing spinning around and the actual greenish balls of that arm itself)
but, i guess not O_o lol

also, i'm not too sure how you've done the background warping effects, which is a rare thing. makes things interesting :P
if i had to guess i'd say you'd have to use a surface and then just warp that in whatever way, but actuall getting that surface with the proper stuff drawn on seems like the problem. actually drawing the whole game, including tiles to a surface then drawing that to the screen would work, but seems unlikely, so i guess you just draw the screen to a surface before any other draw events that would draw all other objects, so you then have the background part to warp, warp it in what ever way and then draw it back in the exact same location, then continue with drawing all other objects?
but i'm far from certain lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:43:08 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

The Berryster

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:38 pm »
It's great! I like the screen-size thing alot, I hate it when I'm squinting my eye's to see. The only thing I would recomend is that you upgrade the sprites a little- such as making his shoes brown, the rest of his hat green, etc. I especially like the reflection in the water. And the ripples. The're really cool. The background warping is really cool, though I have no idea how you did it.
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:35 pm »
Hylian Lemon, I hope you aren't just trying to walk around his attacks, you'll never beat him like that  ;)
Lol, I was just kind of running/jumping around in circles and trying to get a shot in every once in a while, but the eye always opened when I was above him. Gaaahh. >.<
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:48 pm »
Looks good, this is my first official Zelda fan game that I’m actually about to play since the resurrection of ZFGC.

Edit: The effects are mind blowing, especially for someone who has not expected all this from Game Maker. Just one question, are you working with Atrius on this game?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:48:12 pm by Master J »
The Legend of Zelda: The Spell Caster
Release Date: ?

I'm a faithful man! Don't be a whimp, fight for life.
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 10:11:52 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Hawethorneluke, I suppose the demo's been out long enough it won't hurt to go ahead and say you need the hookshot for that part of the boss.
I had to nearly completely re-code that warping effect 4 times to add optimizations before it was working fast enough for me to feel comfortable including it, you've got the basic idea of how it works though.

Berryster, I've never really been fond of recolored GB sprites myself.  They tend to stand out from the rest of the graphics too much.  Actually this game has an option to disable it's special fire/water effects and revert to the GB ones for people that prefer a more true classic GB style, though it's kinda hidden in the demo since we wanted everyone to at least try them out for now.  I'm glad you enjoy them though.

Master J, :'(

Credits

Created by Kousou Games.

Programming was all done by Atrius, although in the older screenshots, the "lighting engine" was made by GearGOD.

Level Design was lead by mitxela, emkay and Atrius designed areas too.

Storyboarding and most of the scripting was by mitxela

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2007, 05:44:37 pm »
Okay, first of all, this game is average difficulty setting because every enemy and bosses are from Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Second of all, when you are at the entrance of the cave, leave out of the cave and quickly as humanly possible head back in. The music from outside will play inside the cave instead of the cave music. I recommend allowing me to be the tester of this game since I am truly a professional. In addition, what’s the difference between completing the game without dying and dying, I just beat the game without dying and had a video extracted.

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2007, 06:31:18 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
I've actually already fixed that music bug since the release of the demo, thanks anyway though.

I'm not sure I understand what your point is about the enemies.

We're not looking for testers right now, we'll decide how we want to handle that when the time comes.  In addition the difference between dying and not is the video, if you die you don't get it, and it tells you try again without dying.  Shouldn't of been hard for a professional to die once and figure it out really ;)

• Kousou Games

mit

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
There's also another glitch that's in there, as in a proper one with an abort/ignore box, EDGE pointed out the other day. Can you find it?

And about the difficulty, we were aiming at having it mediumish because this is just a demo to show off - in the real thing, the first dungeons are easier, and the later dungeons harder.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2007, 10:01:36 pm »
Even know you already know this, this Demo it's awesome!
I like how you threw in there some cool effects when doing a sword spin or walking in the water.
Can't wait for the next demo!
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2007, 01:03:48 pm »
I've actually already fixed that music bug since the release of the demo, thanks anyway though.

I'm not sure I understand what your point is about the enemies.

We're not looking for testers right now, we'll decide how we want to handle that when the time comes.  In addition the difference between dying and not is the video, if you die you don't get it, and it tells you try again without dying.  Shouldn't of been hard for a professional to die once and figure it out really ;)

See I knew that long before you even posted this post. I just didn't want to beat the game again since they are few things that annoy me, no offense.

Edit: In addition, the sword is effect is all right, however, the section of the screen seems to move or tear apart a bit.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:05:57 pm by Master J »

mit

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2007, 07:11:17 pm »
In addition, the sword is effect is all right, however, the section of the screen seems to move or tear apart a bit.
The screen distortion is the effect. If you go into the graphics options you can change the grid size it uses to see it more clearly, probably will slow down on the most detailed depending on your computer.

See I knew that long before you even posted this post.
I do believe we announced it several times anyway.

Oh, and if you're interested, a glitch that you missed (or found but haven't said yet) is if you throw a shuriken bomb at a bush and pick the bush up, gives a GM error message.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

• Kousou Games
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2007, 07:25:45 pm »
  • Lurking With Style
See I knew that long before you even posted this post. I just didn't want to beat the game again since they are few things that annoy me, no offense.
LOL if you don't want to play through a game again because there are a "few things that annoy you" then you can't be a very good tester can you?

There are four of us, and we are all perfectly capable of testing our own game. Of course we welcome to critique and bug reports from players- as long as they aren't a complete pillock about it.
  • Kousou Games

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:58 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Sounds good. Captions for the screenies are interesting. But I'll check it out later.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

mit

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2008, 04:20:54 pm »
Lol, captions for the screenies were jokes >_>

As the comments above say, the gameplay, the visual effects and the music are the highlights.
Random Highscore table:

• Kousou Games
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.513 seconds with 77 queries.

anything