Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Lectro  (Read 5417 times)

[Submission] Lectro
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:05 am »
  • It's the grineer
Name: Lectro
Race: Sheikah
Description: Lectro is blond and peak hair (Not a Mohawk. Pretty much like Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh). He always wear a black shirt, a blue vest with a thunder on the left side and a pair of blue pants. He has an electrifying personality.

He's often away from other people, because people is scared of him. Why is people scared of him? Well, pretty much because he can control electricity. He has the ability to control fuses, summon electric storms, and even expel thunderbolts from his body. Though many people is afraid of Lectro's ability, he's a friendly guy. The only thing Lectro wants, is people not to be afraid of him anymore. This doesn't mean that he's desperate for getting frieds. He tries to make friends by talking to different people about everyd-day topics, amuse them with jokes, or by helping them.

Though he tries everything to get friends, people still gets scared of him. Not because he can control electricity, but because they're afraid that Lectro damages them with his power.

-------------------------------------------

For a side-quest, Link'll find him in his house (which has a lightbulb on its top), asking Link why did he come in. Link, knowing nothing about his powers, will be talked by Lectro who'll tell him his sad story of why he doesn't have friends. Now, the quest for helping Lectro get friends begin. Link'll go to the Valley carrying a light bulb and a couple of fuses with him. He'll show the "magic" of electricity. People, being surprised of this will ask Link how he did. Link'll say that this was done by Lectro. People, scared will say something like "Oh... I see... I have to... do some laundry... you know... see you later".

Although the first attempt wasn't succesful, Link'll keep helping Lectro to get friends. The next thing to do is to make a one-night "Electrifying Carnival", in which lights of different colors will be used to amuse the people. This second step is somewhat succesful, though, not the best and last one.

The last attempt is that Lectro will install an electric network in the valley, and at night, lanterns will be turn on. People is amazed by this, and Lectro will be very appreciated between the Shiekahs. After this, Lectro in his house will open a mini-game, the Electric Showdown! (a mini-game in which Link will have to battle electric enemies, like electric clouds, or robots).

-------------------------------------------

Trivia

*Lectro comes from "electricty". Therefore, his relation with electricty is even in his name
*Though he has a lightbulb in his house, this weren't invented, yet
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:16:56 am by BlazeBigBang »
Re: [Submission] Lectro
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:21 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Kind of a humourous character, I like it.

So, this side quest associated with him.  Is it kind of like a searching quest?  I'm feeling like the quest involves finding specific people to show off the power of electricity to.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:41 am »
  • It's the grineer
Kind of a humourous character, I like it.

So, this side quest associated with him.  Is it kind of like a searching quest?  I'm feeling like the quest involves finding specific people to show off the power of electricity to.

No, no, just some NPC from the village. Not exactly a searching quest, but a quest in which you "gather information" (which is people still being scared). I didn't want it to make it be with any 100% designed character, so it doesn't look like Lectro wanted the attention of those persons. Lectro just wants friendship from anyone.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:28:02 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I haven't yet decided how I feel about a guy who randomly can control electricity. I seems a little incongruous, we've never seen random villager NPCs who have magic powers before, we can't set something up that causes too many questions. But we might be able to play this off nonchalantly enough that it works and doesn't cause belief suspension problems, we just need to decide if it's too weird that there's a guy who can arbitrarily control electricity.

Also, we kind of need to decide the general demeanor to the Siekah tribe, and also if they're all warrior ninjas who protect the Hylians, or if that's just the Siekah warriors and there are normal citizen Shiekah as well. Because when I think of Siekah, they're ninja warriors who worship death, look at the shadow temple, and we're casting them as scared of a little electricity? Initially, it seems like it doesn't fit the nature of the people.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I used the shiekah instead of a Hylian, as we already have too many Hylians. I'll try and add a background story to how did he get his powers.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »
First of, let me be a bit of a grammar Nazi. Blaze the word "People" always indicates more than 1 person. This means you need to use the plural form of the verb. Thus "are" instead of "is" and "get" instead of "gets". Another thing is, that inanimate objects get "damaged". A persons body part can get "damaged" or "wounded", but living beings as a whole will get "hurt" or "wounded".

Description: Lectro is blond and has peak hair (Not a Mohawk. Pretty much like Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh). He always wears a black shirt, a blue vest with a thunder on the left side and a pair of blue pants. He has an electrifying personality.

He often stays away from other people, because people are scared of him. Why are people scared of him? Well, pretty much because he can control electricity. He has the ability to control fuses, summon electric storms, and even expell thunderbolts from his body. Though many people are afraid of Lectro's ability, he's a friendly guy. The only thing Lectro wants, that the people will not be afraid of him anymore. This doesn't mean that he's desperate for having friends. He tries to make friends by talking to different people about everyday topics, amuse them with jokes, or by helping them.

Though he tries everything to get friends, people still get scared of him. Not because he can control electricity, but because they're afraid that Lectro will hurt them with his power.
I fixed the description part above. I did not do it for the sidequest, because I don't really consider the sidequest part with the character submission.

Now some comments on the character:

I think it is an interesting guy, although his looks are basically Yugi. I don't like the fuses part (and incidentally the electric lightbulbs and network), because it goes to far to the steam punk/industrial revolution/futuristic time period and Zelda is still primarily medieval. However as I think that Sheikah are mystics. Lectro might be specialized in the electric element of mysticism. I do have to agree with Max that the scaring of the other Sheikah might be weird, as they are race based in mysticism and spiritualism.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:02:35 pm by Zaeranos »
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
  • It's the grineer
First of, let me be a bit of a grammar Nazi. Blaze the word "People" always indicates more than 1 person. This means you need to use the plural form of the verb. Thus "are" instead of "is" and "get" instead of "gets". Another thing is, that inanimate objects get "damaged". A persons body part can get "damaged" or "wounded", but living beings as a whole will get "hurt" or "wounded".

Description: Lectro is blond and has peak hair (Not a Mohawk. Pretty much like Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh). He always wears a black shirt, a blue vest with a thunder on the left side and a pair of blue pants. He has an electrifying personality.

He often stays away from other people, because people are scared of him. Why are people scared of him? Well, pretty much because he can control electricity. He has the ability to control fuses, summon electric storms, and even expell thunderbolts from his body. Though many people are afraid of Lectro's ability, he's a friendly guy. The only thing Lectro wants, that the people will not be afraid of him anymore. This doesn't mean that he's desperate for having friends. He tries to make friends by talking to different people about everyday topics, amuse them with jokes, or by helping them.

Though he tries everything to get friends, people still get scared of him. Not because he can control electricity, but because they're afraid that Lectro will hurt them with his power.
I fixed the description part above. I did not do it for the sidequest, because I don't really consider the sidequest part with the character submission.

Now some comments on the character:

I think it is an interesting guy, although his looks are basically Yugi. I don't like the fuses part (and incidentally the electric lightbulbs and network), because it goes to far to the steam punk/industrial revolution/futuristic time period and Zelda is still primarily medieval. However as I think that Sheikah are mystics. Lectro might be specialized in the electric element of mysticism. I do have to agree with Max that the scaring of the other Sheikah might be weird, as they are race based in mysticism and spiritualism.

Sorry, I tend to confuse with spanish, in which people is used for plural but conjugated on the third person  :-\. Just like the "on" from french, which is to design "we", but said in third person.

Now, for the character thing. Sheikah may be a race based in mysticism, but it has never appeared the electric part of mysticism, or even electricity on Zelda (excluding storms), so that's why they're scared.

Again, he's a sheikah just because there already are too many Hylian submissions. But if him being a Hylian would fix the thing about people being scared, then he can be a Hylian.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »
Not necessarily. The problem is that the Sheikah would not be as scared. He could be a sheikah, but maybe stationed at Hyrule Castle. Hylians are probably more prone to be afraid of the electric powers than the Sheikah.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:25:38 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Wait, weren't shiekah unable to be in the city. Argh, I always mix that. I don't undersand clearly the ones that are allowed to be in the city and who npt  :-X
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:28:33 pm »
The Gerudo are kinda limited to the Gerudo desert due to their exile status. But for the rest it is open. However Sheikah might be more invisible and thus in fewer numbers in Castle Town. It still is predominant a Hylian stronghold. But we don't have any Sheikah in Castle Town yet.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 01:16:09 am »
  • It's the grineer
The Gerudo are kinda limited to the Gerudo desert due to their exile status. But for the rest it is open. However Sheikah might be more invisible and thus in fewer numbers in Castle Town. It still is predominant a Hylian stronghold. But we don't have any Sheikah in Castle Town yet.

Well, then Lectro is the first one  :D
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:16:46 pm »
  • It's just Max.
That might work better, having him in Hyrule town and scaring Hylians, but you will need to ater some things to make it fit- for example, why he's in Hyrule Town (probably to protect the royal family), where he lives (if to protect the royal family, probably in the court, maybe in the rich part of town), how he feels about the Hylians (etc.), and so on.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:39 am »
  • It's the grineer
Not that he goes around to scare people, but to get friends. That's his main goal. The Royal Family saw his powers and took him and put him on Hyrule. Why that? Unknow reasons, and when asked, never explained.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:30 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Unknown reasons are actually a pretty bad reason, it's weak writing :\

I'm pretty sure that if the royal family wanted him in Hyrule Town, he'd have some job to do, and it would at least be effected by his control of electricity. He wouldn't be called to Hyrule Town and then just not do anything there.

Also, the sidequest you have in OP needs to be updated to fit in Hyrule Town now, and I think that this might be a sidequest better discussed in the sidequest board, because then you have a character with a sidequest, then maybe the character is good, but the sidequest needs work, which I think might be the case here. I think the sidequest is kind of really big, I'd personally vote against the second step.

Also, fuses don't really make any sense in the zelda universe. Maybe lightbulbs could have been invented by Lectro with his power, but fuses are components of electrical systems that are in place to protect against overloads. For one thing, there are no electrical systems, and secondly, they aren't really that cool, in my opinion. Link showing somebody a fuse would be kind of like showing them a toilet paper tube. Sure it's futuristic and serves an important purpose, but on its own it's not interesting.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:46:33 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 10:16:20 pm »
  • It's the grineer
No, what I mean is that when asked to Lectro or the Royal Family (if possible this one), they'll change the subject. Lectro because doesn't know, and the Royal Family will claim that is none of Link's bussines. But when asked to some character that knows about Lectro (or Zelda, who's from the Royal Family), will tell him that Lectro was one day summoned by the King. Lectro didn't know for what. He was told to live in the town. Why that? Because Lectro saved the King from drowning, and he's ashamed of that. That's why he never tells anyone about that.

As I already said, if this character is accepted, I'll do the side-quest on the board.

Well, then, fuses no. But lightbulbs could be.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 05:40:10 am »
I'm sorry, but your character now makes even less sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.914 seconds with 70 queries.

anything