Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't See Edited Posts  (Read 2093 times)

Can't See Edited Posts
« on: March 15, 2007, 02:58:37 am »
Normally, edited posts say "post edited by ..... at 2:30:21" or something lilke that under the post. It isn't being shown now. If you could fix that, it's actually a feature I really enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:26:29 am by dantheman »
Re: Can't See Edited Posts
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:41 am »
It's actually probably better like this. Then when the staff has to edit somebodies post it wont have this big "edited by ***" on the bottom. Keeping it a bit more confidential. But I don't really care either way.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 03:28:00 am »
  • w00t
* dantheman edits Scooter's post to test

Hm, you're right.  Ah well, that's why I usually add "EDIT:  " to the end of my post and then add the extra stuff (except for this sentence, which I'm currently editing in right now, hehe).

On other forums I go to, it will only display the "last edited" notice if someone has seen it between the time you post it and edit it.  Therefore, you can edit as much as you want without it showing up until someone else views the topic.  I don't think those forums use SMF though.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:46:51 am »
I seriously think we need it. You can scroll through a post and clearly notice an edit notice. You don't realise how good something is until it's gone.

Then again, it won't kill us not to have it.
the a o d c

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 03:22:47 pm »
Yeah I say it is better to not say that the post was edited.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 03:35:14 pm »
  • [sic]
It's actually probably better like this. Then when the staff has to edit somebodies post it wont have this big "edited by ***" on the bottom. Keeping it a bit more confidential. But I don't really care either way.
It is annoying to other members, though, not to realize that staff edited it. It's pretty useless though, because it only shows the last edit. I would suggest, if possible, that there be an "Edit history" link, that when clicked, brings up a little javascript box or something showing the edits the post went through in a list.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:18:25 pm »
Or maybe an option in the profile that can coose if you want to view or not.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 08:24:15 pm »
No, the feature is great. Talk about privay - ya'll's priorities aren't staight. You think allowing people to see how many times you've been warned is appropriate, but seeing when a post is last edited isn't? Pssh.

The feature is especially useful when I check a topic for updates on a game or a forum game or something, I can check the edited post time to see when it was last updated. I love the feature - please bring it back!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 12:42:19 am »
The feature is especially useful when I check a topic for updates on a game or a forum game or something, I can check the edited post time to see when it was last updated. I love the feature - please bring it back!

Only really decent reason Ive heard to bring it back so far.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 01:54:07 am »
  • Minalien
I'll check the admin CP, if it isn't a theme thing, I'll fix it now, if it is a theme thing, you'll have to wait for it to be fixed.

Oh, and for future reference...
No, the feature is great. Talk about privay - ya'll's priorities aren't staight. You think allowing people to see how many times you've been warned is appropriate, but seeing when a post is last edited isn't? Pssh.
Before saying our priorities aren't straight, we are busy with FAR more important things than letting you see when somebody's edited their post. Our priorities are in getting more functionality to the users. Seeing when I edited this post isn't NEARLY as important to us as fixing bugs, adding features, and mending SMF wounds.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:59:25 am by Madilim Kagalakan »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 01:43:26 am »
yeah, its there alright, the theme your using just seems to be lacking it.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:19:28 am »
  • Minalien
Eh, sorry about not fixing it, got busy with work >_<; Too busy right now, too, sorry >_<; I'll see to it that it's taken care of by myself or Infinitus (probably me :D)
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 04:54:42 pm »
I didn't mean the priorities weren't straight OVERALL, but I meant in the sense of privacy it seemed skewed. But I understand - this is just a feature I liked and I thought was nice, and I'm assuming it's just a theme thing, because all other forums have it. Thanks regardless, and take your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 63 queries.

anything