Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: z3 2010  (Read 19113 times)

z3 2010
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:29:43 pm »
Rather than hinting at it, how about we have it this summer? Having it then would give everyone time to work on their projects which could allow for a good turnout. It'd also give us something that could help our turnout for the later NCFC event. In the meantime we could also figure out all of what we would want to do then, like sub-events and stuff. Unless everyone is opposed to this, we're going to have it then.

If you have any questions or concerns, post them here. More importantly though if you have ideas for how to do this one or what you'd like to see happen at it, post them too.
Re: z3 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
  • Minalien
Yeah, let's not even bother posting actual information about it when a simple "let's do it" will suffice.

That way, those of us that are interested will have no idea what's going on with things, and can be kept in the dark.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:59:18 pm by MiNalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »
I figured that we're having it this summer was right enough for a time, and as for the details not really mentioning them implies that it'd be similar to ones done in the past. Anything new would be worked out between then and now; e.g. that we could have a small sprite competition or something to go along with it for people that didn't want to work on a game, but still do something.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:00:53 pm »
  • Minalien
I figured that we're having it this summer was right enough for a time, and as for the details not really mentioning them implies that it'd be similar to ones done in the past. Anything new would be worked out between then and now; e.g. that we could have a small sprite competition or something to go along with it for people that didn't want to work on a game, but still do something.
Influence Lost: MiNalien
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:43 pm »
The main point of this topic is really just to mention that there is going to be something then, so that those interested can know and that the nit-picky specifics can be figured out separately - i.e. rather than fussing over what goes on beforehand and thus not talking to the point where nothing gets done.

But a plan could be:
- only Zelda projects would be featured
- entrants would be divided into individual and team projects
- voting for the winner of the competition would be anonymous
- a top number of winners would get their projects moved to Sponsored
- there would be sub-contests involving coding and graphics
  - the coding one would involve programming a Zelda concept
  - the graphics one would likely involve spriting a certain Zelda character
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »
  • Minalien
Your management and organizational skills continue to astound me.

• Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 11:19:31 pm »
There is nothing wrong with impromptu planning elements. Rather than making negative implications about my abilities, could you not give suggestions on how to have this instead?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 11:29:32 pm »
Min, for all your whining and complaining you never show that you are any better. In fact, most of the time you only complain and don't do anything.

4Sword, I am interested in it, but have no idea what it all means. Is there some archive about it?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 11:38:35 pm »
  • b e p i s

We all know you hate 4Sword. Really. You can stop now.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 11:39:12 pm »
I thought that there'd be something of it in the Archive, but it must have gotten deleted a while back; other information is probably in various places but looking for all of it would take some time.  In the past "registration" for the event was done somewhat way ahead of time, and then there'd be a scheduled date for when the event would start and it'd usually last for a week or two.

More basically, it is just a Zelda fan game expo where there will be games posted and then voted for to see who was the best in show; it is flexible enough though to where development related sub-events can be apart of it too.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:52:32 pm »

We all know you hate 4Sword. Really. You can stop now.

But 4swordy is satan

this whole thing is obviously a ploy to turn ZFGC into mindless zombies who will follow his will

I'M ONTO YOU 4SWORD

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 11:58:13 pm »
  • Minalien
Min, for all your whining and complaining you never show that you are any better. In fact, most of the time you only complain and don't do anything.
Sorry, I didn't realize that I was a part of the z3 planning process.

• Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:39 am »
  • Xiphirx

Well gee, if 4Sword posted it here, and wanted community input, then you are.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:16:00 am »
  • Minalien

There's a difference between "Community input" and "event planning."

I'm done. I'm sorry for wanting actual details, rather than just a "hey, let's do this." I'm also sorry for being interested in a community event. I promise, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

• Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 12:28:14 am »
  • Xiphirx

I'm done. I'm sorry for wanting actual details, rather than just a "hey, let's do this." I'm also sorry for being interested in a community event. I promise, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Not in this case really. Since (as you pointed out) there are no details, and he is asking for input, then the input will ultimately be the event planning.

Stop trying to give yourself importance, and actually help the community out. If you were so interested, you wouldn't have responded this way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:31:39 am by Xiphirx »
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:05 am »
  • Minalien

Not in this case really. Since (as you pointed out) there are no details, and he is asking for input, then the input will ultimately be the event planning.

Stop trying to give yourself importance, and actually help the community out. If you were so interested, you wouldn't have responded this way.
Actually, my interest was the only reason I even clicked on the "z3 2010" link. But then it turned out to be him just saying "Hey, let's do this," rather than "Hey, the staff has been planning this, this, and this for z3 this year. What are your thoughts and comments?"

He clearly did not intend for this to be a planning thread:

Based on precedent, I was expecting him to have spent a lot of time in Staff asking for help and ignoring suggestions, followed by coming up with a plan that ultimately wouldn't be followed as closely as he had designed it before he posted anything to the community about it. So I'm incredibly sorry that I expected him to have more information for us, and even more so that my initial sarcasm was taken as completely hostile, rather than a sarcastic request for what information he had put together for it.

• Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:15 am »
  • Xiphirx
Rather than hinting at it, how about we have it this summer? Having it then would give everyone time to work on their projects which could allow for a good turnout. It'd also give us something that could help our turnout for the later NCFC event. In the meantime we could also figure out all of what we would want to do then, like sub-events and stuff. Unless everyone is opposed to this, we're going to have it then.

If you have any questions or concerns, post them here. More importantly though if you have ideas for how to do this one or what you'd like to see happen at it, post them too.

Definitely not a planning thread, right?
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 12:44:47 am »
lol.

Hilarity aside, z3 would be a good thing to do this year, yes.
Let's do it +1

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 12:49:39 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
i am all for this, if you need any help just throw me a pm, ill let you know if i can help or not. =) not having a very busy job makes me free now =)
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 12:52:31 am »
  • Colbydude was here.

Maybe, next time, don't ask like a complete sarcastic doucheface?
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 73 queries.

anything