Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Man Really Been to the Moon?  (Read 11686 times)

Pyru

Re: Has Man Really Been to the Moon?
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 02:27:35 pm »
I've never heard it satisfactorarily explained how the supposed "first man on the moon" was filmed getting out.

What did the camera man do? Float around just above the ground until Armstrong was done?

... you're kidding, right? the camera was a part of the module. there were parts that folded out, and the camera was on it. no camera man involved.

The cameraman comment was sarcastic, nevertheless, there are still issues with a "folding out" camera. The shock of the fall should've damaged it, how did it fold out so accuarately, bla bla. Too many problems with it.

Oh, and I've heard it mentionned that the solar radiation should've killed the astronauts/destroyed the film, since the module was not appropriately shielded.
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 05:04:02 pm »
Oh, and I've heard it mentionned that the solar radiation should've killed the astronauts/destroyed the film, since the module was not appropriately shielded.

Well I saw a show on TV proving different comspiracy points wrong, debunking them, but they said the radiation isnt enough to kill austronaughts but they didnt mention the camera film which would be much more sensative..

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Pyru

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 05:06:24 pm »

Well I saw a show on TV proving different comspiracy points wrong, debunking them, but they said the radiation isnt enough to kill austronaughts but they didnt mention the camera film which would be much more sensative..

Considering that minor amounts of x-ray and/or gamma radiation is enough to destroy images on film, I would've thought it'd be very noticeable on any/all photos they brought back, unless they lead-lined all the cases holding the film and the lander itself. From what I heard, they didn't, but I might be wrong.

Cheese

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 05:15:37 pm »
The shock of the fall should've damaged it
It's the moon, buddy.  Take into account the laws of physics and gravity found there.

Considering that minor amounts of x-ray and/or gamma radiation is enough to destroy images on film
:D And you think they just use regular cameras and film?
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 05:30:53 pm »
The shock of the fall should've damaged it
It's the moon, buddy.  Take into account the laws of physics and gravity found there.

Indeed but then, unless I am very mistaken the gravity is 1 tenth of that on earth, so why do they not jump all that high, and the dust kicked up by the rover was also not kicked up very high, especialy for dust which has a very low mass? :-\

• My DevArt Account
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »
  • The Broken King
The cameraman comment was sarcastic, nevertheless, there are still issues with a "folding out" camera. The shock of the fall should've damaged it, how did it fold out so accuarately, bla bla. Too many problems with it.

[/quote]

On that quote, you'd think that if NASA could figure out how to get to the moon, they could figure out how to have a camera that unfolds properly? It's not that hard.

As far as the whole solar radiation thing...I've never heard of this. Do you have any scientific evidence of it? (aka in the form of a link...when you say, "I once heard", I just want to be sure that you didn't hear this from your buddy james in elementary school.)
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2006, 05:52:44 pm »
As far as the whole solar radiation thing...I've never heard of this. Do you have any scientific evidence of it? (aka in the form of a link...when you say, "I once heard", I just want to be sure that you didn't hear this from your buddy james in elementary school.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

All about the radiation from the sun.

EDIT: not just the sun.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:57:41 pm by Benito »

• My DevArt Account

Naz

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 06:19:13 pm »
  • Ph34r the toast.
The multiple shadowns thing was based on different elevations.  You stand on a higher elevation and slant and your shadow is warped to be longer or in a different direction.  On all those shots, you can see that they appear to be on different heights and angles.

That's my 2 cents I saw on TV ^_^
Don't read this.
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 08:25:42 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
Quote from: wikipedia
Proponents of the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax have argued that space travel to the moon is impossible because the Van Allen radiation would kill or incapacitate an astronaut who made the trip. Van Allen himself, still alive and living in Iowa City, has dismissed these ideas. In practice, Apollo astronauts who travelled to the moon spent very little time in the belts and received a harmless dose. Nevertheless NASA deliberately timed Apollo launches, and used lunar transfer orbits that only skirted the edge of the belt over the equator to minimise the radiation. Astronauts who visited the moon probably have a slightly higher risk of cancer during their lifetimes, but still remain unlikely to become ill because of it.
According to that, the radiation would not have had a large effect on the astronauts or their ship because they spent so little time in it.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Blackl3232

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 01:52:59 am »

Blackl3232

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 01:57:51 am »
rofl black thats fake though :p
Or is it... O:

I guess I should probably post something relevant to the topic so I'll say that I do think we really landed on the moon. >_>
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
We're now spending $100 billion (that's billion with a B) to go to the moon again...
http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/cev/index_noaccess.html
/me finishes reading the topic

Wow that only took half an hour.

and checking out all the links o.o
--
Thats 100$ BILLION, that could save Africa from poverty, lol.

I am pretty convinced it was a cover-up. Thats sad <;[

Shame on you America.
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Shame on you America.
Shame on you for false accusations with no evidence :)
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2006, 09:47:18 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Shame on you America.
Shame on you for false accusations with no evidence :)
Shame on me.

"Shame on you america"={true}if-[man hasint been to the moon]
"thanks for not covering up"={false}if-[man hasint been to moon]

Or something of the sorts. O.o

tippz

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2006, 11:31:45 pm »
See, conspiracy theorys all have one big flaw. So many people would have to be involved, you'd think at least one would blab. The fact is, no one has and unless someone does there is no reason to even doubt the official story.
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 12:48:25 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1645994816867782932&q=moon+landing

More extensive:

Arguments against multiple light sources:
There were multiple light sources.
1)Camera flash
2) Light from the sun reflecting off other planets
3) Light from the sun reflecting off aluminum siding from the shuttle.
4) Light reflecting from the space suits.

Arguments against window scene:
1) We do not know that this scene was official. It could have been filmed by the makers of this film or other people to try and fool you.

Arguments aqgainst the fact no heat ring from engine:
1)You turn the engine off before landing. The low gravity will allow you to land. That is what the landing feet are for

Arguments against no dust:
1) When stepping lightly on the ground, you do not bring up dust. Dust has been there so long it may have been temporarily secured by the heat of the sun.

Arguments against waving flag:
1) Space weather
2) Outer space is a vaccum. Vaccums suck things up.
3) Gravity pull from Earth and the moon

Anything else you wanna say?
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2006, 03:07:35 pm »
I am all for space exploration, but it would be better if we would make sure OUR planet will be ok instead of exploring new ones. They should send $100 billion to friggin Africa
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2006, 05:04:14 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I am all for space exploration, but it would be better if we would make sure OUR planet will be ok instead of exploring new ones. They should send $100 billion to friggin Africa
I thought we were supposed to "stay out of other countries affairs" and quit "terrorizing" other places by trying to make them nicer?
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2006, 05:16:49 pm »
I really dont care tight butthole, also, "I have to admit, it was odd that the flag was waving in air that couldn't have been on the moon.", as it moved in the ship it would wave, out side it wouldnt stop - no air = no friction, it would wave forever, that explains that.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2006, 03:46:52 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I thought we were supposed to "stay out of other countries affairs" and quit "terrorizing" other places by trying to make them nicer?
I dont think Africa is gonna deny 100 billion$ to make a point.

That could take an entire country or more out of poverty in africa. -.-''
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 92 queries.