Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 4408 times)

Starcraft 2
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:23:02 am »
Who else is buying it?  XD
Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46:51 am »
  • Resident Bum
i think starcraft is awesome but i know i will suck at it. i sucked at the first game.

plus i dont have the cash for videogames nowadays.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:42 am »
Meh, i was never really a huge fan of starcraft, i'm into RTS games anymore.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:06:31 am by FISSURE »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:21:28 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I am terrible at Starcraft, but I know tons of my friends who are awesome at it. I suspect a few people taking the day off of work today.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »
Nope, because it won't run smoothly anyway.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »
Gonna wait for more bashing on Amazon about the DRM, the lack of LAN, choosing your own region etc. Maybe wait for an official review or two before I'll buy it. I'll still buy it regardless though.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:20 pm »
The DRM, isn't it that you have to connect to battle.net the first time you play the game or something? Connecting only once forever isn't that bad, seeing as how the internet is pretty much everywhere now, although there are still some that don't have online that want to play the game probably.

No LAN is hilarious because LAN and the tournaments seem to be what made the first Starcraft s popular, especially in South Korea.

Region selection isn't bad, if they let you choose, Especially after playing all those MMORPGs with everyone speaking in languages i can't understand, at least i can choose an English specific region now.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »
  • Xiphirx

No LAN is hilarious because LAN and the tournaments seem to be what made the first Starcraft s popular, especially in South Korea.

I believe Blizzard made a separate version for the Pro leagues that supports LAN.

Also, I'm going to try and pick up the CE asap :3

(I also suck ass at starcraft :P)

Funny thing about the beta too, I got in it literally 23 hours before they stated they were closing the beta down :( I also wanted to attend a midnight release party for the first time, but it didn't happen lol. I'll most likely be one of the crazed fans at the store door at midnight for Diablo 3 >:3
  • For The Swarm

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I live in the middle of NOWHERE and even my Future Shop had a lineup this morning. I was shocked.

I also agree with the one-time sign in thing in Battle.net. Is it really a huge deal? I mean cmon...you log in once, and then it's all good. Is that really bad?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:04:22 pm »
Just digitally bought it; currently downloading.

Never was too good online, never zerged properly.  Buying it for campaign and casual competitiveness...

Oh, and for making youtube videos for my new fans :P
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:49 am »
Also, you can only have 1 profile on the game, whatever name you choose, you're stuck with.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 04:08:22 am »
I also agree with the one-time sign in thing in Battle.net. Is it really a huge deal? I mean cmon...you log in once, and then it's all good. Is that really bad?

The problem is that you HAVE to be online to play the game. If you are somehwere without internet, or it drops out. You're !@#$%. At least that's what I think is going on  ::)

But yeah, I never pre-order anything :P I'm just gonna assume some stores will just have some. I'm in the US right now, so hopefully buying a US version will get me into the US servers as well. Because I !@#$% hate Europeans.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 04:56:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Buying a game 3 times just to finish it?

I'M IN.

/doesntreallycareforepisodicgames
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18:24 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Whether or not I buy it depends solely on the feasibility of using it at a LAN party (I'm throwing one soon ^^) =P If not, Dawn of War is more than enough =)

My problem with these games is I'm a defensive player. My first instinct in RTS games can be summed up as "BUILD MORE TURRETS!"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:22:37 am by TheDarkJay »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Whether or not I buy it depends solely on the feasibility of using it at a LAN party (I'm throwing one soon ^^) =P If not, Dawn of War is more than enough =)

My problem with these games is I'm a defensive player. My first instinct in RTS games can be summed up as "BUILD MORE TURRETS!"

Against Zerg, you'll always lose using those tactics :p
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 05:45:10 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Hence why I referred to it as "My problem". It'll work in RTS games like Empire Earth XD
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 06:49:41 am »

The problem is that you HAVE to be online to play the game. If you are somehwere without internet, or it drops out. You're !@#$%. At least that's what I think is going on  ::)

But yeah, I never pre-order anything :P I'm just gonna assume some stores will just have some. I'm in the US right now, so hopefully buying a US version will get me into the US servers as well. Because I !@#$% hate Europeans.

You can play offline, i think once you go online once or something it will ask if you want to play offline.

Apparently the Single Player and such has already been cracked. So the DRM has pretty much been cracked on day 1. It's still cute how companies even try anymore. Hurt the people that bought the game so you can try and screw over the pirates who already cracked it.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 10:22:48 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

You can play offline, i think once you go online once or something it will ask if you want to play offline.

Apparently the Single Player and such has already been cracked. So the DRM has pretty much been cracked on day 1. It's still cute how companies even try anymore. Hurt the people that bought the game so you can try and screw over the pirates who already cracked it.

Before I continue what I was going to say, FISSURE, I almost clicked Modify instead of Quote to post this back because I'm so damn tired. Sorry, I almost modified what you said and made it into quotes. LOOOOL. ...sorry :P

It's kinda like the whole Assassin's parkour 2 thing: you can only play if you are online. Prevents a lot of pirating, blablabla. However, what these companies don't realize is that by putting a lot of piracy prevention, I have a feeling they're also losing money and customers. It's actually quite ironic. Making it absolutely necessary to be online, all the time, is not the way you do it...especially if the game can be played single-player. I can go on and on about things I disagree with this, but I don't think this is the case for Starcraft II. If you can play offline, then cool. Also, I'm not surprised to hear that Single Player mode is already cracked.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 11:06:54 am »

XD I love it when the pirates do this, yet the companies still don't get the message.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:17 pm »

Before I continue what I was going to say, FISSURE, I almost clicked Modify instead of Quote to post this back because I'm so damn tired. Sorry, I almost modified what you said and made it into quotes. LOOOOL. ...sorry :P

It's kinda like the whole Assassin's parkour 2 thing: you can only play if you are online. Prevents a lot of pirating, blablabla. However, what these companies don't realize is that by putting a lot of piracy prevention, I have a feeling they're also losing money and customers. It's actually quite ironic. Making it absolutely necessary to be online, all the time, is not the way you do it...especially if the game can be played single-player. I can go on and on about things I disagree with this, but I don't think this is the case for Starcraft II. If you can play offline, then cool. Also, I'm not surprised to hear that Single Player mode is already cracked.

With Starcraft 2, i think you only have to activate it online once, then you can play it in offline mode if you want. With AC 2, it sucks since you have to be online all the time to even play, which was hilarious when hackers DDoSed the Ubisoft servers and people couldn't play the PC version of AC2.

XD I love it when the pirates do this, yet the companies still don't get the message.

Yeah it's pretty damn funny, Companies don't get it, pirates always crack their DRM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 77 queries.