Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GM8 Icon  (Read 3084 times)

Ryuza

That one guy
GM8 Icon
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:49:25 am »
  • RyuKage2007
I know its a very small thing but I noticed recently when making a help topic that there wasn't a GM8 Icon yet. I know its a bit early considering it hasn't been out too long but I just figured it would be pretty easy to add, I put together a simple icon that matches the others somewhat in style and in size:

Think it might be usable?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:39:53 am by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
Re: GM8 Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:22:40 am »
I think that the ones we have on here currently for Game Maker 5, 6, and 7 are all just edits to the images used on the Game Maker Community. These edits being to remove some of the anti-aliasing so that the icons we use look alright on a darker theme, and the edit to the Game Maker 7 logo also consisting of a color change likely so it'd be able to be seen easier as well.

Your image is alright, but it doesn't have the "G" thingy in the middle of it; and the 8 is too "boxed" - the corners in the GMC image are "rounded". It's cool though and you're right we should get a GM8 logo up sometime sooner than later.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:15:30 am »
  • RyuKage2007
How about this one: , I went over to the GMC and checked out the icon they had and changed mine accordingly.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 08:15:59 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
How about this one: , I went over to the GMC and checked out the icon they had and changed mine accordingly.

Even though my opinion probably doesn't matter much in this case, I say no to your first try but a solid yes to your second one.

The center is a pacman-like guy in the original one, but that's obviously not going to be shown in the smaller image and it really doesn't need it anyway. The important thing is that it's obvious it's a "G" and it's obvious that it's GM8; also it looks pretty nice.

That is my humble opinion. The fact is that we do need a GM8 icon sometime in the near future though.
  • My Music
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:45:25 am »
There I added it up then; and also changed the order of where the Game Maker 7 icon appears in the list, and also moved the Game Maker icons to the front of the list due to the popularity of the Game Maker software on the forum.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:26 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Cool, thanks for adding that 4Sword.
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 47 queries.

anything