Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Administrative Changes  (Read 4909 times)

Administrative Changes
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »
Hello everyone. I have been an administrator here off and on for many years. There have been some good times and bad times, but more recently I have not been as productive as I could be and I have made those on the staff feel less welcome here by being too much of a cold-hearted taskmaster. Additionally I lack the abilities to update the site or the creativity to make it something better, and only a team of people of somewhat equal skills could do that - and I am no Xfixium.

Last night I was contacted by Minalien who had talked to metallica48423 and Vash and we came to the conclusion that it would be best for me to step down as administrator. I will be moving into a role as a global moderator to help out with maintaining some of the old topics on the forum, assisting in the coding boards, and possibly helping out with graphics cleanup. Well really it'll be what the group of people below decide.

So as my last act as administrator and with the go ahead from Vash and metallica48423, I am demoting myself and Xfixium to global moderator and promoting the following to administrator - Minalien, gm112, Starforsaken101, and MG-Zero. As for what that group will be doing, I will let them tell you what that all is, but please welcome them and give them your support as we all want what is best for ZFGC. Let's all work to make this place better!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Administrative Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:04:24 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Good afternoon ZFGC,

I have some silly Kanji symbols in my name but I'm basically Starforsaken101. Please call me Star if the Kanji is impossibru to read (it's read Star-fo-se-kin for your general knowledge). Anyway, getting on to more serious matters, I have recently been promoted to Manager alongside gm112, MG-Zero, and Minalien (who also has squigglies in his name).

I have been a member at ZFGC since 2005/2006 but I believe this account states that I joined more around 2008ish. I have been a global moderator for a really long time and have helped 4Sword with several of his decisions. I am also a project manager for the King of Thieves project which is the community project running here at ZFGC. In terms of outside the forum, I am a game developer at Sava Transmedia here in Montreal and I am a graduate from McGill University in Software Engineering.

I would like to bring back the Character Creation contest since that was a lot of fun times. I also care enormously about the community and hope to help with rebooting the activity since it is quite low these days. We will most likely be using Twitter and Facebook to advertise the forum. I would also like to help give tips to young coders for their first projects.

I am looking forward to working with all of you!

EDIT: I meant to say Katakana, thank you MG-Zero for pointing out the derp :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:21:15 pm by Starフォセーキン »
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

thestig

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:17:36 pm »
Greetings ZFGC,

Although most of you may know me already, I am gm112. Along with Starforsaken101, MG-Zero, and Minalien, I've been promoted to Manager of this site. Currently I am a student attending University of Akron majoring in Computer Science(only finishing up 2nd semester now). My time at ZFGC goes back to Spring of 2005 when I joined on the first iteration of SMF-ZFGC. Then the DS-R thing happened, and I didn't return until ZFGC-X in 2006. Little did I know at the time that this would be the very site that would forever change my life. I met some very talented individuals and grew up alongside them.

Given my legacy with ZFGC, I intend on forwarding this community by working with the recently promoted team of Managers in pushing for high-priority changes. As such, you will see my level of work most prominent on the site itself rather than community affairs(to those who are scared, don't worry.. I do not bite ;__;). My familiarity with the managers makes decision-making easier because I feel we all understand each other on a personal level, rather than working with someone who does not know you. Most of us are currently involved in the King of Thieves Project, which is the Community Project at ZFGC meant to serve the pinnacle of our effort despite the bumps it has hit in the past.

That being said, I hope to restore some of ZFGC's lost features and to re-implement some fun things. ZFGC API, anyone? Hopefully we will have fun on the ride. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:51:15 am by gm112 »
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Those aren't Kanji silly, that's Katakana :)

Anyhow, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm MG-Zero, formerly known as MasterGohan Zero.  I came here in 2003 back in the EZBoard days only a month or so after TRM had started the board.  I've been on and off as a GMod since 2005 and am currently a project Manager for King of Thieves with Star.  In my dark, scary outside of the internet world, I'm a Software Engineer at a direct mail company here in New York.  I graduated with a BS in Computer Science from Long Island University C.W. Post and will be attending NYU Poly for my MS in Computer Engineering come September.

I'll be continuing to manage and expand the community project as well as assist with rolling out further changes to the forum and hopefully a main site.  I'm also here to help the newer programmers hop on board into the world of software engineering.

ZFGC's 10 year anniversary is next year, so let's all work together, have fun with it, and get this place the way it use to be! :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:23:26 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
  • Minalien
Well, since the trend seems to be on introductions.

I'm Minalien, and most of the older members are likely familiar with MG-Z and I. I've been around ZFGC since early-on in the old EZBoard days under TRM, and have held various positions within the community since then (admittedly with a similar number of mistakes being made along the way). Outside of the community, I've just finished a five-year contract with the U.S. Marine Corps, and I am a student at the University of Advancing Technology and Tempe, AZ pursuing my Computer Science degree in Game Programming.

Since it hasn't been touched on as much as I'd like, I want to explain some of our goals and the reasons for this change. Over the course of ZFGC, the most successful management has been done by teams, rather than individuals - and that's what our goal is with this administration. On top of this, we have some major goals for improving the community, and bringing us away from being "just a forum" to being a member of the fan game development community as a whole.

The first of our primary goals is to make the management of the community more transparent. Traditionally, decisions have been made behind closed doors, and this is a problem. In order for ZFGC to function as a community, rather than a forum, we want to involve users in the decisions made, allowing everybody a chance to participate in the improvement of the community.

Our second primary goal is to change the relation between staff and users. Staff members are just as much a part of the community as those without access, and by merit of having their staff status they are expected to act not only in their capacity as moderators, but as leaders. While our primary focus as administrators is the development of the community as a whole, global moderators are expected to provide individual support and development for the members of the community - it is through them that this community can reach its greatest potential.

Staff members who cannot act as mentors and leaders for the members of the community will be asked to step down. This ranges from guiding the inexperienced developers to achieving their goals to providing a friendly environment for user interaction (and interacting with users). It is also these qualities on which we will determine future staff members - so if your goal is to become a member of the staff, focus on aiding in the development of the community and its members.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 04:45:57 am »
  • 笑い男
(If you want to have a feeling of "min the alien", not just "min" + "alien", then I'd go with "uchuujin min" (宇宙人ミン), which also as a matter of fact is how Tommy Lee Jones is in Japan too, "uchuujin jo-nzu", who is an alien named "Jones" in adverts for a coffee company called boss in Japan lol)

Then the DS-R thing happened
Whoa, forgot about all that :o haha
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:25:37 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 05:27:38 am »
  • Minalien
Damn you and your understanding of the Japanese Language, Luke. >:C

*fixes* ;3
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
  • 笑い男
Sounds so much better now :D lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »
I'm agreeing with Luke on this one, since I'm doing jap at uni and all :P
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:03 am »
Well this is quite the interesting change.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 09:23:51 pm »

I would like to bring back the Character Creation contest since that was a lot of fun times.

Awesome. This will be enough motivation to come back and keep checking up on this place. I haven't been doing any art at all lately since I've focused on music, but I'd certainly give it another shot for a good old Character Competition.

Any chance of some kind of music competition? Like people record their own arrangement of any video game song, or any Zelda song maybe. No bracket like the Character Comp. probably, but it'd still be fun.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:30:00 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

I would like to bring back the Character Creation contest since that was a lot of fun times.

Awesome. This will be enough motivation to come back and keep checking up on this place. I haven't been doing any art at all lately since I've focused on music, but I'd certainly give it another shot for a good old Character Competition.

Any chance of some kind of music competition? Like people record their own arrangement of any video game song, or any Zelda song maybe. No bracket like the Character Comp. probably, but it'd still be fun.

I will suggest this! I like that idea a lot. I think it could definitely attract musicians to follow the forum as well, which we kind of need more of. Thanks Moldrill!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 01:22:32 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I think the music competition is a great idea :) We've had many talented programmers and artists here over the years, but very rarely have we had any talented musicians!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 08:06:50 am »
Music comp is a nice idea. Prefferably when I'm back on my desktop again :P It'd actually motivate me to finish a song for once haha...
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 61 queries.