Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some 'GOOD' completed ZC quests  (Read 14542 times)

/M/

Some 'GOOD' completed ZC quests
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:52:36 pm »
Well, most people in these forums believe that ZC doesn't have the ability to look good, so, I decided to post some of the ones I like:

Isles Of The Wind:
 by: DarkFlameWolf

It borrows from the Wind Waker concept of a world with a big ocean; with islands dotting the landscape. Well since ZC is on a screen by screen basis, screens of just simply water would be boring as hell to travel through. So except in certain cases, there will be land in almost every screen on the massive 16x16 overworld. So its like Wind Waker, but the island are more jam-packed together.

download: http://www.purezc.com/Quests/q84.zip

MegaMan: DWR
by: Petoe

The main baddie from many Mega Man games, Dr.Wily, escapes from prison. In his hidout Wily finds out about the existence of an extremely powerful ancient object, the Triforce. Wily wants to get his hands on the Triforce pieces, and he sends his robot army after the pieces. When Wily's attempt fails miserably, he hijacks a big asteroid and makes it head towards the earth. That way he can force MegaMan to do all the dirty work and make him collect the pieces for Wily.

Link's Birthday Deluxe
 by: Mr.Z

Link turned 18, that's the age when someone is allowed to enter the Triforce Temple and ask the Triforce to grant them a wish. But it seems Zelda and the Triforce both are both missing. The Triforce has split in 8 pieces and it's up to Link to save the (birth)day.

There you go people. And for the people who don't know where to download a ZC Player to play these quests:

http://www.gerudo.net/zeldaclassic/zc192a184w.zip

Mighty Darknut

Re: Some 'GOOD' completed ZC quests
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:11:36 am »
I highly reccommend Link's Birthday Deluxe. It has incredible gameplay; arguably better than some of the official Zelda games.

It's true that many n00bs get their hands on ZQuest, but that doesn't mean it isn't capable of making great games.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:34:54 am »
I haven't played the games yet, but the graphics look amazing!
Hm... I should probably put something here...

GeekyLink

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 06:30:45 am »
Hmm interesting little program. I downloaded the game making thing. Looks quite interesting, but kind of limited. Well I guess I know what that GM thing is like now. If it wasn't for my knowlegde of C/VB I'd probable use this... Zquest is it.  :-\
However, if you are serisiously thinking about game making I would recommend learning a real programming language not this clicking stuff. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:32:16 am by GeekyLink »
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 05:30:57 pm »
  • META MAJINKEN!
heard of PureZC quest Database?\
go there to find more than these three
HERO OF DREAMS < BEST GAME EVA

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Koh

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:52:54 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
A Link To The Darkness 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are good too made by the same person.
  • Megaclipse Games

U.A

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 02:23:57 am »
nice games there good

Papermario71

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 05:24:43 am »
Where do you get these games? (Isles Of The Wind, MegaMan: DWR, and Link's Birthday Deluxe)
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 03:38:19 pm »
How come when I open IsleoftheWinds.qts using zquest I need an authorisation password?

/M/

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 03:42:36 pm »
Open Zelda.EXE... ZQuest.EXE is an tile editor, and you cannot open someone elses quest without permission.

Outrage

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 03:54:24 am »
Well, I cannot play the games, but the graphics look incredible...I am guessing you use gamemaker?
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 06:28:33 pm »
  • w00t
Well, I cannot play the games, but the graphics look incredible...I am guessing you use gamemaker?

I don't think that /M/ made them himself.  He was simply listing a few of the ones he liked.  Also, I believe that "ZC" stands for "Zelda Classic" which is a game-making program based off of the original NES Legend of Zelda engine.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:22 pm »
  • META MAJINKEN!
blargh.
ok here is whay you can understand,
These are example of GOOD GAMES from http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests <purezc.
HE DID NOT MAKE THESE. he is sharing them. These are not made by the ol' gamemaker.
These run in Zelda Classic, not Zquest, if you require a password, you're in Zquest the game editor/tile editor.
for full ZC instructions, look it up in the General ZC discussion on the forms for help.

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 01:38:19 am »
  • Silly cat!
ZeldaClassic is excellent, and everyone over at the PureZC forums is really talented. Though, the only game I'm dying to play is Dance of Remembrance :).

Hoffy.

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 01:50:33 am »
  • ...Is it recording?
Isle of the Winds is a really good quest. The person who made it, DarkFlameWolf, also made a quest called "The Hidden Duality," which is a HUGE hit. A real challenge. She's also off to the Air Force, and her latest quest, which I think is called "Lost Isle" (which is also looking too great to describe) is being finished by Peteo.

I'm also getting ready to start a quest in ZQuest. I'm using one of the best ZC tilesets out there (which is being used in that quest I mentioned just now, but it was edited and looks like a mix of the Pure Tileset Update Extreme and a Minish Cap tileset.)
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3

Koh

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 09:22:21 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
the most famous quest I see at

http://www.armageddongames.net/

is Freedom's Link to Tortuga
  • Megaclipse Games

Hero of Winds

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 02:11:18 am »
Everyone doubts ZC, but at least people actually finish they're games, and they understand detail, unlike a lot of you.  That's why I go with ZC, it's easier to use than gamemaker, and people actually make good quests with them.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 06:26:27 am »
These quests are very vissually appealing but lack originality in terms of weapons, enemies, game play etc..
Everyone doubts ZC, but at least people actually finish they're games, and they understand detail, unlike a lot of you.  That's why I go with ZC, it's easier to use than gamemaker, and people actually make good quests with them.
>_> It's alot less impressive to finish a game with an engine set out in front of you, but their is alot more to be said about the person who makes their own engine and doesn't finish a game...
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 04:39:52 am »
  • 笑い男
looks awesome
but that zc player link is down! ;-;

These quests are very vissually appealing but lack originality in terms of weapons, enemies, game play etc..
>_> It's alot less impressive to finish a game with an engine set out in front of you, but their is alot more to be said about the person who makes their own engine and doesn't finish a game...

tight butthole, i'd prefer an awesome zelda game or rpg made in an engine like that, until it becomes too common and borring anyway :P
better then nothing :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

/M/

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:36:26 pm »

Are you here to make a game and finish it, or are you here to impress everyone else? Most people want to actually finish a game, and Zelda Classic, has the biggest record of completed Zelda fan game, wouldn't you perfer to use an already done/finished engine, then to go through the whole mess, and make one from stratch, when all zelda games, mostly use the same items? 0_o

The engine, allows you to completely change the style of the items, enemies, and even game play, is up to you.

1st. Items: You can customize every single item in the entire game. You can also create your own unique items, by simple cuts. and tricks. ( Rock Feather, Four Links, etc. can be all made customize, but not everyone is willling to do this. )

2nd.  Enemies: You can, also customize the enemies, to whatever you like. How much there attack hurts, the sprites, their colors, their speed, etc. About everything. ( ZC 2.11 B. 12 )

3rd. Game Play: You can make the game play to whatever style you want. If you wanted Side Scrolling, you can make it. If you want to make a puzzle choicing game, you can make it. Even with custom password features, ( which was used in MegaMan DWR )

So, even though it doesn't seem like it, ZC can be very unique, but with alot of work. It's missing a few things to make it greater, ( scrolling, big enemies, running boots, rock feather, etc.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 78 queries.