Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: The Ring of Light  (Read 13114 times)

Legend of Zelda: The Ring of Light
« on: June 09, 2006, 03:49:20 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
The Legend of Zelda: Ring of Light

Well, I'm finally bringing it back.
If anyone remembers, I was at ZFGC way back since EZBoard, but got shuffled around and I've been at DSR lately. I used to be MetalRidley, and I released this game about a year ago. I took a year off, and now I'm bringing it back! ;D

I can't remember who made the good tree sprites for me (they're in the demo, but not the screen shots).  If whoever you are reads this, just tell me and I'll put you into the credits ;)

Demos:
Demo 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/1909841/cae08efb/zelda_ringoflight.html          Size: 6.98 MB
                  That's the best host I could find...

Screenshots:

Title Screen

Beginning Story                                                                   Inside a House

Dungeon                                                                            A field with grass

Outset Island                                                                     Outset Island

Start Menu                                                                         Start Menu

Story:
        After Wind Waker, Link returns to Outset Island with Tetra and they live happily for a few years. Then they get restless and want adventure. They find a bottle that has a letter from a princess in another land. That land is called Dramaria. Neither of them have ever heard of it, but luckily a traveling merchant named Beedle knows where it is...

KNOWN ISSUES:
I will most probably a Demo 1.1 with all these fixed (and any more that people find):

-Tetra's sprite and movements aren't perfect (If anyone wants to help, feel free!)
-Bland backgrounds and title screen
-Bland HUD
-"Waking up" music has no picture (I intentionally did that, but it's boring)
-Cutscenes are glitchy (I'm working on a grid-based cutscene engine)
-Talking to people in Outset (mainly the woman walking around)
-Grandma and Aryll sprites are needed (If anyone wants to help, feel free!)
-Some enemies need to be tweaked (such as in the boss battle when the Babas respawn in the wall)
-Start menu can be opened while a message is displayed
-Swimming in Castle Town (from river)
-Copying files (don't try it)
-Dungeon floor swimming

This list makes it seem much worse than it really is. I think the basic engine is almost perfect, though.
Also, if anyone is willing to help with the graphic problems, that would be great!

Controls:
A, S, D:----Items
F:------------Sword
G:------------Shield
Space:-----Action
Enter:------Menu
Arrows:----Move
Esc:---------Quit

The controls are also mapped for attached controllers, which makes it way better. I used a Microsoft Sidewinder as a basis.

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 02:12:14 am by OriZak »

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...

Limey

Re: Legend of Zelda: The Ring of Light
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:51:47 pm »
Finally you came to ZFGC!  Welcome back n__n!

And wow... This project is looking very good :D
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 03:57:39 pm »
I remember this project and I'm happy its back.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 04:00:19 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
I'm glad someone remembers it ;D

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 04:58:33 pm »
I remember this too. Looks good and plays well. Couple of collision issues but I'm sure you'll work those out - keep up the good work.

-Tetra's sprite and movements aren't perfect (If anyone wants to help, feel free!)
If you want you could use this Tetra sprite:

I did it ages ago, just for the practice (she doesn't appear in my game) but I could always finish it at some point.

Not sure if it's feminine enough though...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 05:13:00 pm »
Looks very good, very good demo. It has a couple of bugs, but other that that it's good :)

BTW if you lift a bot and then walk into the room at the left (see image) and if you then walk back you can swim in the ground and then when you get in the water you can walk on the water ;)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 07:42:14 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
Thanks for pointing that out; it really helps a lot when people report bugs ;)

EDIT: Ok, I fixed that bug.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:14:20 pm by OriZak »

Raine

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 09:49:07 pm »
This game looks really great. I love the Hud. The only things i don't like are the palm trees and the title screen. The trees looks weird IMO. But other than that i think it looks great, nice job!  :)

dylan623

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 09:51:39 pm »
Oh great. As soon as ZoraFan89 sees this he's going to think it's a ripoff of his game because it's in MC style and has a similar title (Like mine. His is called Blade of Light, and mine is called Blade of Darkness.)
Btw:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:53:21 pm by dylan623 »
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 10:00:11 pm »
  • Personal Text
wow! this has inspried me more! thanks
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 10:06:58 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Oh great. As soon as ZoraFan89 sees this he's going to think it's a ripoff of his game because it's in MC style and has a similar title (Like mine. His is called Blade of Light, and mine is called Blade of Darkness.)
This game is propably older than ZF's Blade Of Light. And the names aren't THAT similar. Anyways, i love the HUD, it's very unique. I remember playing the demo long time ago, and it was great. :D

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

dylan623

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 10:09:33 pm »
This game is propably older than ZF's Blade Of Light. And the names aren't THAT similar. Anyways, i love the HUD, it's very unique. I remember playing the demo long time ago, and it was great. :D
That doesn't matter to Zora ;D

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:26:17 pm »
  • .越//

your were very simliar in title... "blade of" "darkness / light" ... when you wouldnt have used the different element "darkness" then it wouldnt have called a cheap copy... and its not very creative when you see all the fangames, your title is bad chosen... there are plenty variants of fangame titles for zelda, no game sound so copied like yours...

@ring of light: oh, you're here now ^^ good luck agaion and *points to own comments from dsr*

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

dylan623

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 10:29:17 pm »

your were very simliar in title... "blade of" "darkness / light" ... when you wouldnt have used the different element "darkness" then it wouldnt have called a cheap copy... and its not very creative when you see all the fangames, your title is bad chosen... there are plenty variants of fangame titles for zelda, no game sound so copied like yours...

@ring of light: oh, you're here now ^^ good luck agaion and *points to own comments from dsr*
I wasn't thinking of his game when naming mine, I've had the idea for that name before I even joined zfgc. And Zora DOESN'T care about the name, he's just tends to get... uh, jealous.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 10:54:53 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
Lol, I started this two years ago.

Btw:

Thanks, that helps a ton! Who should I give credit to, though?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 10:58:00 pm »
  • .越//
Lol, I started this two years ago.

Btw:

Thanks, that helps a ton! Who should I give credit to, though?

i think its from silverbolt ( the big silver font on the sheet )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:38:35 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
Yeah, but I should probably give credit to Bacon, too. I don't know if dylan wants credit...

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 01:15:00 am »
Ah, I remember you, and the game.  Welcome back! :D
Game's looking awesome as well, keep up the good work!

Link94

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:38 am »
Never met you but hi cool game nice trees good luck with this  ;D
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »
  • MEOW
I was bored today so I downloaded this game and I must say... it kept me busy for awhile lol, it's a cool game. Keep it up  ;D.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 77 queries.

anything