Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tools/utilities for ripping sprites straight from SNES roms?  (Read 9627 times)

Tools/utilities for ripping sprites straight fro...
« on: December 22, 2009, 10:34:58 pm »
As the title asks.  There are two games I want to rip graphics from to use in my project for which I cannot find sprites anywhere.
I am wondering if there is a tool that can dive into the rom and pull the images of sprites and backgrounds from snes roms.  The backgrounds and sprites are somewhat large and many repeat in a way that it is difficult to screenshot and put the pieces together to make one flowing image.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Tools/utilities for ripping sprites straight...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:04:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. You may be able to rip fragmented images from the SNES rom, but there's a lot of assembley involved that may not be worth the trouble. I also assume that the background is probably an image with a cycling pallete, which is also going to be a pain in the ass with automated ripping tools. Your best bet is to simply remove layers and screendump, then assemble each frame on a seperate sheet. :s
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:13:11 am »
  • Minalien
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:16:02 am »
Directly? Nope, not going to happen. ROM's are not like normal files, they have no set file format, where and how the data is stored, and where and how code is stored is different for each rom. It's not possible to make a generic "rip-graphics-from-rom" tool. The only chance you have is that someone has made one specific for your game.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:02:35 am »
Figures...*sigh*
Didn't hurt to ask.
*begins screenshotting like a fiend*
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:40:15 am »
  • Minalien
Damnit, foreshadower, check out the AnimGet link I gave you. It'll save you a shitton of time screenshotting :|
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 03:01:02 am »
XD I know what it is.  Actually have it on a cd I burned three years ago.
I may use it at some point...I just never really had the patience to use it...too many pics to go through.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 52 queries.