Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Eragon-Way Off?  (Read 4079 times)

Eragon-Way Off?
« on: December 20, 2006, 04:40:39 pm »
  • Back again.
Who else thought that the Eragon movie was way off from the book? I did. It was my favorite book, not a bad movie, but not like the book. They crammed a 400 page book into a 103 minute movie. Possible? Judge for yourself.
Just kinda moseying along.
Re: Eragon-Way Off?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:04:14 pm »
  • I knew it!
the beggining was pretty true to the book but overall the movie didn't follow the book too well.
  • Yay!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 09:31:52 pm »
  • Back again.
Right. The movie wasn't bad, by any means, but it wasn't like the book. I wish they'd had a different director.

*SPOILER*
Like when they were in the "desert". There wasn't one. And they left out most of Tronjheim. And they left the Dwarves completely!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:24:33 pm »
Maybe they make more parts
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 03:38:00 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
yeah, i was very disappointed. i think they should rename everything in the movie and release as something different.  the meanie people left out one of my favourite characters, solembum.  but it doesn't really affect me a whole lot anymore as i don't like the books anymore. after reading eldest i realized how cliche it was. im still going to read the third book because i want to read the
 *spoiler i think*
 wizard's duel between eragon and king galbatorix.  ive decided that this is how eragon will defeat the king because of how brom talked about galbatorix being the ultimate at winning these duels and then there isn't a single mention of a wizard's duel ever again.  i may be wrong( most likely wrong) but when i read it, it seemed kind of obvious to me.
*end of spoiler i think*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:41:41 am by Mitsuu »
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:28:31 pm »
  • Back again.
I don't care about cliche. It's very well written, and I like stories like this. It's cool. But, yeah, why'd they leave out Solembum.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 10:07:47 pm »
  • b e p i s
I don't care about cliche. It's very well written, and I like stories like this. It's cool. But, yeah, why'd they leave out Solembum.

Well written? lolz. I could write better prose than Paolini when I was 15, and I'm just some dude.

It's a fun book, but nothing special really.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 03:52:35 am »
Coincidentily I just saw it about an hour ago. I mean it was a great movie, but I regret reading the book beforehand because all I could think about was how different it was. I don't know how they are gonna do Eldest because they cut out Katrina.

The Ra'Zac were very different then I thought they would be... They didn't have anything about chasing the Ra'Zac, in the book you thought that Eragon could be turned, because he wasn't sure he wanted to go to the rebellion. Not to mention they kill off Brom at the wrong point, etc. They completely redid the whole story to fit it into a movie. At least with LotR they made the movies longer to fit.

Well written? lolz. I could write better prose than Paolini when I was 15, and I'm just some dude.

*raises pitchfork* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to see you try to right that well.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 05:09:12 am »
  • b e p i s
Coincidentily I just saw it about an hour ago. I mean it was a great movie, but I regret reading the book beforehand because all I could think about was how different it was. I don't know how they are gonna do Eldest because they cut out Katrina.

The Ra'Zac were very different then I thought they would be... They didn't have anything about chasing the Ra'Zac, in the book you thought that Eragon could be turned, because he wasn't sure he wanted to go to the rebellion. Not to mention they kill off Brom at the wrong point, etc. They completely redid the whole story to fit it into a movie. At least with LotR they made the movies longer to fit.

*raises pitchfork* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to see you try to right that well.

It's not that hard, honestly. I mean, look at it:

1. His descriptions run on too long, and when they are running, they don't flow well.
2. His dialogue often uses unrealistic vocabulary for actual conversations.
3. His storytelling style moves way too fast.

It doesn't matter that he's not a professional writer yet, I mean Jesus, the guy is what, 19? He's got an entire career ahead of him to improve.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 06:12:18 pm »

1. His descriptions run on too long, and when they are running, they don't flow well.

It doesn't matter that he's not a professional writer yet, I mean Jesus, the guy is what, 19? He's got an entire career ahead of him to improve.
I don't see any of that in his books, like I said, I'd like to see you write better.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 01:24:53 pm »
Listen to Knivu, he's intelligent.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 01:38:07 pm »

True, however, it's one of the very few medieval fantasy books I have [ever seen].
And I liked... Okay, he was 15, so am I, but I praise his patience to write one. All my teachers ask me to write a book, but I'm too lazy for that kind of stuff ;D
Anyways, I'm gonna wait some friend buys the DVD so I can borrow it :x
By the way, could anyone confirm me that there are long-ear-less elfs...? That's blasphemy D:
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 01:38:45 pm »
movies are never better than the books they're based on, and from what Ive always heard eragon is a highly overrated book

the movie looks painfully bad also, whenever I'm in the movies and the preview comes on I feel like slapping myself at how bad it looks
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 01:40:37 pm »
movies are never better than the books they're based on, and from what Ive always heard eragon is a highly overrated book
That's supposed to be something people should always have in mind...
As for examples I can only think about Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings - I rarely go to the cinema (like 0.5 times in a year)...
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 05:48:08 pm »
movies are never better than the books they're based on
complete !@#$%
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 07:52:03 pm »
Lords of the Rings is a brilliant movie. All three of them. If you go into a cinema to watch a movie based of a book and then nit pick at all the points that differ from the books, HOW THE !@#$% do you expect to enjoy the movie? Honestly, it pisses me off when people complain that the movie they saw was slightly different too the book. What about Passion of Christ, you don't get people saying how something didn't happen in the Bible but happened in the movie... yet I haven't seen it, so there was probably not a seen like it.

lwelyk

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 09:36:14 pm »
Lords of the Rings is a brilliant movie. All three of them. If you go into a cinema to watch a movie based of a book and then nit pick at all the points that differ from the books, HOW THE funk do you expect to enjoy the movie? Honestly, it pisses me off when people complain that the movie they saw was slightly different too the book. What about Passion of Christ, you don't get people saying how something didn't happen in the Bible but happened in the movie... yet I haven't seen it, so there was probably not a seen like it.
Would you think I was a loser if I picked at The Passion for adding stuff? I did. Anyway. I hated how the only things they got right in Eragon were their names. None of them acted right let alone looked like they were described.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 04:47:20 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
that's why you should read my post, support my idea, and then go storm whatever company made this movie and burn them to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoeFacedKilla

Prussian Killer Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 03:00:13 am »
It was nearly nothing like the book, wat was up with that? It didn't even have any lead ins to Eldest, who else saw it?
the Indyboard - User Generated Social Forum | Now With Even More Discussion!
Poe, The Independent Programmer
  • Zelda Shrine
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 03:07:54 am »
movies are never better than the books they're based on
complete !@#$%
see, I claimed all movies are never better than the books they're based on, so I don't need to list examples since all of them qualify.
and since you've called !@#$% on this, I assume you are atleast saying not all movies turn out worse than the books, you need to back yourself up with examples.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 74 queries.

anything