Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TES IV: Oblivion  (Read 1625 times)

TES IV: Oblivion
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:30:30 pm »
  • Back again.
So, how many of you like this game? I do. List your characters when you first post here, BTW. Also, this thread is for sharing any secrets you know of, and tag spoiler posts. So, yeah.

Character Name: Jack
Race: Breton
Level: 16
Current Weapon: Ebony Claymore with 20 points Shock Damage/Glass Longsword with 20 points Shock Damage/Staff with 33 point Fire Damage, 33 point shock damage, 33 point ice damage
Current Armor: Full Ebony

So, yeah.
Just kinda moseying along.

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
Re: TES IV: Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:57:21 am »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
I LOVE Oblivion. Probably one my my favorite ARPGs. I play it heavily modded though, and it makes the game infinitely more awesome.

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 01:19:20 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I own this game. It cost me 7 dollars. Unfortuantly it was the GetItNow version on Verizon Phone. :P It sucks ass. GameBoy-eque graphics and crap gameplay.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:30:38 am »
  • =/
Name: Piers
Race: Imperial
Level: 13
Current Weapon: Blackwater blade, Elven Longsword and the Blade's Katana. (Forget the name.)
Current armor: Shrouded Cloak and hood, Blade armor.
Guilds: Theives and Assasins. (I have completed all the Assasin's guild quests. Still working on Theives.)
Main story: Collecting the daedra sacred object.

I got the game for Christmas and so far, am very impressed. There are a few parts I didn't expect to be as.... disturbing(Lucien Lachances' dead body for one...) but I got over them pretty quick.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:53:47 am »
  • n___n
Name: Malkyor
Race: Dark Elf
Level: 39
Items: Umbra (sword, really strong, soul trap on strike), Enchanted Elven/Glass armor (detect life, reflect damage, absorb spell) Escutcheon of Chorrol (it's a shield, reflect damage effects) Boots of Bloody Bounding, and I sometimes interchange my armor for a set of clothes that make me 100% chameleon (it's so fun)

I'm the master of the Dark Brotherhood and Theives Guild but I have yet to beat the game.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 03:55:10 am »
  • Back again.
I have the 360 version. Looking at getting the PSP version when it comes out, too. I'm the Fighter's Guild Master, and I'm working on DB, and Thieves Guild. I really want to get my hands on another Morrowind: GOTY, but I can't seem to find the money. Morrowind was awesome, but I sold when I got my 360, as I thought it wouldn't work with the 360. It has many more factions and quests than Oblivion, which has only four(Five with the Knights of the Nine expansion. Must fix Xbox Live.). Morrowind has about like seven or eight.

Also, I will maybe post the video of my war in Chorrol glitch. Basically, it went like this:

I finished the Fighter's Guild quests with guards chasing me around Chorrol. So, I ran to the Fighter's Guild. (I can kill Guards easily, but didn't want increase my bounty) The former master(Vilena Donton) attack the guards, with the rest of the guild. I walked outside and found the citizens fighting the guards. So, I just talked to one and got arrested. Vilena Donton met me outside the jail. The guards started chasing her, because of her bounty. An Orcish guild member follwed and fought the guards. The guard killed him after an epic battle. The mages guild joined in and all hell broke loose. There were fireballs, guards fighting guards, and mythic dawn summoning skeletons, then dying. More or less, there were aout ten civilian casualties, and about twenty guard casualties. Vilena ran and survived, and now hides out in her house(seriously, she never leaves) and the guards chased one Orc from the site of the war and killed him in his home. Then, they chased down and invisible Mage, along with a citizen, and killed her(well, knocked her unconcious. She can't be killed). There were also twodogs killed. I did this about four times, the one I filmed being the third time. The fourth one, the casualties were cut in half. The battle lasted about ten hours game time. I might post the video sometime.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:29:41 pm by jackofalltrades »

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:48:29 pm »
  • hungry..
Name: Dayjo
Race: Dark Elf

That's all I know. I haven't played in probably 3 months so I don't know what level I'm at or where in the main story I am. I think I'm just going around all the cities destroying oblivion gates to get their help, but I'm not sure.
  • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:39:40 pm »
  • Back again.
You should play again. Trust me, your love for the game shall be renewed!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:27:04 pm »
I played it for a few days, and got over it. Its great, but its so open it sickens me. I like my gameplay controlled.
the a o d c
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:44:51 pm »
  • =/
I played it for a few days, and got over it. Its great, but its so open it sickens me. I like my gameplay controlled.
Once you get into guilds, main quests, sub-quests, etc, everything becomes alot more linear. Though, you can do the quests anyway you want, the point is still the same.

Also, is Kvatch ever fixed? I mean, it has been like 100 days after taking back the castle (I did the sub-quest and everything.) and the place is still on fire, people are living in the curch and almost everyone is dead...

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 12:14:42 am »
  • hungry..
You should play again. Trust me, your love for the game shall be renewed!
Yeah, I got addicted to it so I stopped playing for a while.

Seriously?? O.o, that's what I love about it, I love horse riding like crazy. It's also pretty realistic in that sense, there isn't a house every few metres, but there are TONS of caves and stuff to explore.
  • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:10:54 am »
I am serious. Im just sad that everybody on PC or XBOX360 is always "Oblivion-ing". Maybe I should try to get into it again.
the a o d c

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 07:02:11 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I couldn't get into it either. I think I sealed an oblivion gate and thats all. I haven't played it since i got my 360, it came with my 360 but i ended up selling that and the other game (madden 06) that I got with it.

At the time I didnt care because I worked at a rental store so I could always play it for free, but now i have no job lol and I want to give it a second chance to see if it can hook me.

one game though that I really got hooked on for some reason was prey, but since I had some gamertag issues I lost my achievements and saves for my games =/ gotta build my rep up again.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 01:49:55 pm »
  • Back again.
Yeah, I like that it's not linear. I've gotten to the point that I've gone through so many redundant, turn-based battles, that I just want to slash up a goblin with my sword in first person, and blow a bandit off a mountain with a lightning spell. I also like abusing the game's physics, such as throwing a dead body into a river, or pickpocketing a key from a guard. Using the poisoned apples is great fun ina  guild, just save before you do it. Go pickpocket someone who's getting ready to sit down and eat. Hit L-Trigger and go into your own inventory. Find a poison apple, and put it in their inventory. Then stand back and let them enjoy their last meal. Just watch them die. Oh, and if you want ot know hwo to duplicate items, just PM me.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 04:03:33 pm »
btw, do any of you happen to know what the fine is for necrophilia in Cyrodiil?

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:34 pm »
  • hungry..
LOL, Windy.

I'm quite tempted to play this again >_>, I've overclocked my graphics card since I stopped playing two so I can probably whack the settings up and make it look even more glorious than it previously did.
  • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 01:35:37 pm »
  • Back again.
You should. If I had a bigger PC, I would've gotten it for PC, but since I don't, the 360 works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 68 queries.