Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DS lite camera coming soon ?  (Read 1242 times)

DS lite camera coming soon ?
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:59:25 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
from gbatemp
FROM IGN:
Ever since the original DS was launched, there's been speculation that its GBA slot could be used to host a camera. Now, all that is set to come true in Face Training, a collaboration between Intelligent Systems and beauty expert Fumiko Inudo.

Seriously, we're not even joking. Nintendo is releasing a game that teaches people (mainly women we imagine) to exercise their face by moving certain muscles. The bundled camera displays a real-time video of your face on the bottom screen so you know you're moving the right muscles.

Not a lot is known about the camera at the moment, apart from the fact it's white and it slots inside the dual-screen handheld's GBA cart. There may be some bad news for original DS owners though: the size of the camera - and the way it pokes out the bottom of the slot - implies it's only for use on DS Lite.

Otona No DS Kao Training launches in Japan on August 2 and we're already twitching our faces in anticipation.

Face training...whatever! So what do you think? I don't like the stand, I hope it can be removed so you can treat it as a handheld camera

Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
Re: DS lite camera coming soon ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:27:38 pm »
Hmm... really interesting!

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:21:58 pm »
Geez, just make it a camera like the GameBoy Camera and make it so that you can send photos to your PC via WiFi.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 07:25:11 pm »
  • :D
Geez, just make it a camera like the GameBoy Camera and make it so that you can send photos to your PC via WiFi.

I loved the GameboyCamera... because it was so much more than just a camera... there were so many games you could play with your face... it was AWESOME.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 07:29:01 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I think I still have my GB Camera...somewhere...

Anyway, my reaction to this game idea is something along the lines of wtf.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 06:48:14 pm »
  • w00t
I don't get why they're alienating DS Phat owners like this.  It's the same system, just in a different format!  Seriously, if I hadn't bought my Opera DS browser in Europe I would have had to order it online since only the Lite version is sold in US stores.  All the accessories I see at stores are for Lites only.  Heck, even the screen protectors I just bought specify that they're for the Lite, though that's probably just because it includes a stylus that only fits the Lite, but still!

Regardless, I too would like a DS version of the Gameboy Camera with Wifi support, or at least the ability to upload your pictures to a format your computer can use and download.  That would be pretty awesome, though I imagine it would get abused pretty quickly.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 02:44:08 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
They aren´t alieanating Tank owners, they´re favoring lite owners.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 02:53:21 pm »
They aren´t alieanating Tank owners, they´re favoring lite owners.

By Favoring the lite owners they are alienating the phat owners.

I want more things for My DS not the DS lite >_>twats.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 05:46:28 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
DS LITE SUPREMACY :P my bro got a phat ds , lol i told him to get a lite for his birthday :P
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 06:01:14 pm »
I don't get why they're alienating DS Phat owners like this.  It's the same system, just in a different format! 
It's the same system but not just in a different format. Because it's smaller and weights less plus it looks allot better that that silver brick you own. ;) Oh and don't forget that the screen back light is better for the DS lite.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 04:05:21 am »
  • w00t
Mine's blue thankyouverymuch.  And while the Lite is smaller, there are several reasons I'd prefer a Phat:
1.  hinge cracking issues on Lite
2.  riskier to install FlashMe on Lite
3.  diagonals harder to press on Lite (at least at the time I was shopping around)
4.  speakers are better on Phat
5.  Phat fits my hands better.

To be fair though, the larger stylus and better screen of the Lite are appealing to me.  I just prefer the Phat regardless.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:25:08 am by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 04:14:36 am »
  • Silly cat!
I want a DS Lite, but I already own a DS. I can live with the DS phat.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 59 queries.

anything