Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Apparently, Dumbledore is gay.  (Read 17265 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Apparently, Dumbledore is gay.
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:16:40 pm »
http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787

J.K. Rowling, author of the world-wide best-selling Harry Potter series, met some of her American fans Friday night and provided some surprising revelations about the fictional characters who a generation of children have come to regard as close friends.

In front of a full house of hardcore Potter fans at Carnegie Hall in New York, Rowling, sitting on the stage on a red velvet and carved wood throne, read from her seventh and final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," then took questions. One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft,  had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled.  "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience errupted in surprise. She added that,  in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonshed fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

So much for Dumbledore/Hermione fanfics.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:19:04 pm by Swiftu »

Dascu

Re: Apparently, Dumbledore is gay.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:39:54 pm »
Snape boned Dumbledore.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »
  • Insert smartass remark here --->
So much for Dumbledore/Hermione fanfics.
0.0 There was such fanfics as that? *Shivers*

Well anyway that explains why Dumblerdore "Liked" Harry.
Hell she save that part till after he died. How this shocks people is be on me.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »
I think it is disgusting.  It wouldn't bother me if the book was adult reading material.  But these are kids for God's sakes!  Children read HP books like they are going out of style.  Alot of children are also easily swayed.  Now some may think, "Dumbledore is gay so I want to be gay too!"  Yeah, that is an extreme, but I do not think we should encourage young kids to become part of a percentage of people who , sorry to say, spread diseases via being gay.  Now, don't hate me for that.  It's proven fact you can get AIDS and such from being gay.  You can also get it from having sex with someone who has it.  Whatever.  Children do think about what they read.  It gives them the idea that it's "okay".  Kids shouldn't really even be reading that stuff until they are in their mid-teens.

But that's my personal opinion.

On-Topic-
I knew there was something squirrelly going on with those two.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 01:36:45 pm »
I think it is disgusting.  It wouldn't bother me if the book was adult reading material.  But these are kids for God's sakes!  Children read HP books like they are going out of style.  Alot of children are also easily swayed.  Now some may think, "Dumbledore is gay so I want to be gay too!"  Yeah, that is an extreme, but I do not think we should encourage young kids to become part of a percentage of people who , sorry to say, spread diseases via being gay.  Now, don't hate me for that.  It's proven fact you can get AIDS and such from being gay.  You can also get it from having sex with someone who has it.  Whatever.  Children do think about what they read.  It gives them the idea that it's "okay".  Kids shouldn't really even be reading that stuff until they are in their mid-teens.

On-Topic-
You are an idiot.
Thankyou!  I love how intelligent your reply is!  I would really like to know how I am an idiot?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 01:39:29 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

On-Topic-
You are an idiot.

I agree. You sir, are a complete idiot. And apparently a homophobic one too. And dont say anything like, "I have a gay best friend", as your comment was extremely homophobic wether you realise it or not. People get disieases from male-female intercourse. so it being male-male isnt really different.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 01:39:42 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Wow, Theforeshadower, you blew my mind with your idiocy. Obviously only gay people spread HIV (Not AIDS, AIDS is the later stage of HIV). It's a gay only disease. You can't ever get it if you're straight.

Why the hell would HIV come mainly from having sex with the same gender as yourself?
And what's wrong with being it? It's not okay? (RHYME'D)

THAT'S why you're an idiot.

I </3 Sol

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 01:41:16 pm »
Yeah, that is an extreme, but I do not think we should encourage young kids to become part of a percentage of people who , sorry to say, spread diseases via being gay.  Now, don't hate me for that.  It's proven fact you can get AIDS and such from being gay.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 01:44:54 pm »
WTF?!Did you guys not read that I said you can also get it from having sex with a someone who has it...also vice versa?  Read everything I typed!  I'm not a homophobe....I just think there should be less gays in the world.  Can I handle talking with one? working with one? shaking hands?  Uh, yeah.  !@#$%, one of my cousins is gay.  He knows how I feel about it and we still get along fine and have a good time when he comes over and plays videogames or whatever.  I just think it is a wrong philosophy to keep preaching "Gay is okay" all the !@#$% time.  Everytime I turn on the damn talk shows on tv, they have a gay person.  Not once or twice, almost 4-5 times a week.  What happened with straight people?  Are we different now?  If being gay wasn't made out to be a perfect thing and talked about all the !@#$% time on the tv, I couldn't care less.
It is just talked about way too much.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 01:47:10 pm »
WTF?!Did you guys not read that I said you can also get it from having sex with a someone who has it...also vice versa?  Read everything I typed!  I'm not a homophobe....I just think there should be less gays in the world.  Can I handle talking with one? working with one? shaking hands?  Uh, yeah.  !@#$%, one of my cousins is gay.  He knows how I feel about it and we still get along fine and have a good time when he comes over and plays videogames or whatever.  I just think it is a wrong philosophy to keep preaching "Gay is okay" all the !@#$% time.  Everytime I turn on the damn talk shows on tv, they have a gay person.  Not once or twice, almost 4-5 times a week.  What happened with straight people?  Are we different now?  If being gay wasn't made out to be a perfect thing and talked about all the !@#$% time on the tv, I couldn't care less.

"I think there should be less jews in the world. No guys, seriously, I'm not racist."
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 01:48:35 pm »
  • Insert smartass remark here --->
Sir your lack of IQ points makes me want to give you pity. Its sad that we have to outlaw anyone that doesn't fit into the "Norm" IE Black People,Gay,6 Toed People. Point being your a Narrow minded Jerk. How you can have a "personal opinion" like that sickens me. Shouldn't be preaching it!? You are sick sick sick person another !@#$% Hitler.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 01:52:30 pm »

"I think there should be less jews in the world. No guys, seriously, I'm not racist."
It's called having a religious background.  If I hadn't grown up in a Baptist school, I probably wouldn't have a problem with gays.
Sir your lack of IQ points makes me want to give you pity. Its sad that we have to outlaw anyone that doesn't fit into the "Norm" IE Black People,Gay,6 Toed People. Point being your a Narrow minded Jerk. How you can have a "personal opinion" like that sickens me. Shouldn't be preaching it!? You are sick sick sick person another !@#$% Hitler.
I've got nothing wrong with blacks.  I also do not have a problem with 6 toed people,...you probably could swim faster.  You guys think I am extremist?  I dont go shouting,"Gays are evil!They should burn in hell!"
That's stupid.
I just don't want to hear about it every !@#$% day.
"Oh, yes! I am gay! I am perfectly fine!"  Okay, do I need a different person everday to get on my television and say that?
No.  If I was really an !@#$%, I'd be like those people that want to kill all gays...I don't.  Originally with this topic, I meant that children should not be exposed to that stuff until they are older and can understand the choices they make, but obviously you guys do not read that part.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 01:54:22 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Homosexuality, last I checked, is commonly viewed as mainly being outside of the homosexuals control. In other words, we do not choose our sexuality.

Also, Homosexuality only spreads disease because of the idiots that think STD's don't spread through Anal Sex. It's like people that think pulling out is a safe form of contraception, they are the idiots, but does that make all straight people idiots? What do you think happens?

Last I checked the number of Homosexuals in the world has remained fairly constant, the difference being that in modern times people are more likely to 'come out of the closet' because they don't have to worry about being dragged into prison!

A straight person will sometimes experiment with Homosexuality in some form at some point in their life, what makes them straight is when they go "Ew" at the guys, and "BOOBZ" at the girls, or vice-verse if they are female (and, of course, instead of Boobz, they shout "WILLIEZ").

In the words of a friend of mine, "Always try everything twice, you may get it wrong the first time."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:58:50 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 01:57:15 pm »

You're doing it again!

I'm not a homophobe....I just think there should be less gays in the world.

If you weren't homophobic, there would be no need for that comment! It wouldn't matter if your cousin is gay, or if you can shake ones hand, or if a gay person is on tv.

Originally with this topic, I meant that children should not be exposed to that stuff until they are older and can understand the choices they make, but obviously you guys do not read that part.

ok then, you're not allowed any straight relationships either though then, because thats informing them on that topic too, just the other viewpoint.

"Oh, yes! I am gay! I am perfectly fine!"  Okay, do I need a different person everday to get on my television and say that?

The reason people are on TV is because either:
A) they're attention seeking, which has nothing to do with them being gay
or
b) because of people like you.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:59:25 pm by SlimmyG »

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 01:59:34 pm »
Homosexuality, last I checked, is commonly viewed as mainly being outside of the homosexuals control. In other words, we do not choose our sexuality.

Also, Homosexuality only spreads disease because of the idiots that think STD's don't spread through Anal Sex. It's like people that think pulling out is a safe form of contraception, they are the idiots, but does that make all straight people idiots?

Last I checked the number of Homosexuals in the world has remained fairly constant, the difference being that in modern times people are more likely to 'come out of the closet' because they don't have to worry about being dragged into prison!
I agree with what you say except for sexuality being something innate and not decided upon.  At some point a guy sits there and goes,"I think I like DICK more than !@#$%."  It's a choice.

But, the rest I agree with.  My problem is I don't think they need another gay person everyday to announce they are gay on television shows.  It's stupid.  Why do I need to hear that?  I don't even want a straight person to tell me everyday that they are straight.  Give me REAL news!  Not that Johnny Chimpo likes !@#$% and not !@#$%.

You're doing it again!

I'm not a homophobe....I just think there should be less gays in the world.

If you weren't homophobic, there would be no need for that comment! It wouldn't matter if your cousin is gay, or if you can shake ones hand, or if a gay person is on tv.

Originally with this topic, I meant that children should not be exposed to that stuff until they are older and can understand the choices they make, but obviously you guys do not read that part.

ok then, you're not allowed any straight relationships either though then, because thats informing them on that topic too, just the other viewpoint.

"Oh, yes! I am gay! I am perfectly fine!"  Okay, do I need a different person everday to get on my television and say that?

The reason people are on TV is because either:
A) they're attention seeking, which has nothing to do with them being gay
or
b) because of people like you.

Uh, dude.  I don't have a personal vendetta against them.  They just need to shut up.  If they want everyone to think they are normal, then shut the hell up.  I don't need to hear about it everyday.  Go !@#$% a goat for all I care, just don't have someone tell me about it everyday.  That's all that really gets me angry.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:02:23 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 02:00:03 pm »
  • Personal Text
omg, I think JK was just joking when she said that, and everyone took it the wrong way...
or this story is a LIE!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 02:10:02 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)

Also, Homosexuality only spreads disease because of the idiots that think STD's don't spread through Anal Sex. It's like people that think pulling out is a safe form of contraception, they are the idiots, but does that make all straight people idiots?

I agree with what you say except for sexuality being something innate and not decided upon.  At some point a guy sits there and goes,"I think I like DICK more than !@#$%."  It's a choice.

But, the rest I agree with.  My problem is I don't think they need another gay person everyday to announce they are gay on television shows.  It's stupid.  Why do I need to hear that?  I don't even want a straight person to tell me everyday that they are straight.  Give me REAL news!  Not that Johnny Chimpo likes !@#$% and not !@#$%.

That doesn't make it a choice, it makes it an urge, and instinct, which eats up at them if they try to ignore it. Not the same thing. Can you honestly sit there and watch a man have sex with another man, and feel indifferent, or choose to be aroused? Or is it some deeper, instinctive, almost genetic trait in you that makes you look away and not want to see it?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 02:12:55 pm »

That doesn't make it a choice, it makes it an urge, and instinct, which eats up at them if they try to ignore it. Not the same thing. Can you honestly sit there and watch a man have sex with another man, and feel indifferent, or choose to be aroused? Or is it some deeper, instinctive, almost genetic trait in you that makes you look away and not want to see it?

Its like you cant choose wether you find a girl hot or not, you cant choose wether you are attracted to guy or girls.

Dascu

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 02:13:40 pm »
I just don't want to hear about it every !@#$% day.
No.  If I was really an !@#$%, I'd be like those people that want to kill all gays...I don't.  Originally with this topic, I meant that children should not be exposed to that stuff until they are older and can understand the choices they make, but obviously you guys do not read that part.
So, basically, your bashing gays and saying they spread AIDS, only because you don't like how the media is treating them. How is that fair? Yes, I get a bit sick of the "IT'S OKAY TO BE GAY" hype, but they don't deserve this kind of !@#$%. It's a temporary thing until gay people are accepted into society as normal, human beings. Your behaviour is the problem.

Second, "until they have a choice"? Being gay is not a choice. Putting a gay character in a children's book isn't brainwashing them, it's showing that gay people are just as normal as everyone else.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 02:26:13 pm »
on-topic:

Snape boned Dumbledore.

"What're yeh on abou', Harry?"
"Dumbledore," said Harry. "Snape sexed Dumbledore."
Hagrid Simply looked at him, the little of his face that could be seen completely blank, uncomprehending.
"Dumbledore wha', Harry?"
"He's gay. Snape sexed him...and he liked it"
"Don't Say that," said Hagrid roughly. "Snape sex Dumbledore - don' be stupid, Harry. Wha's made yeh say tha'?"
"I saw it happe."
"Ye couldn' have."
"I saw it, Hagrid".
Hagrid shook his head; his expression was disbelieving but sympathetic and Harry knew that Hagrid thought he had sustained a blow to the head, that he was confused, perhaps by the after-effects of a jinx...
"What musta happened was, Dumbledore musta told Snape ter put him under the impervious curse and rape him ter go with them Death Eaters," Hagrid said confidently. "I suppose he's gotta keep his cover. Look let's get ye back up ter the school. Come on Harry,"
Harry did not attempt to argue or explain. He was still shaking uncontrollably. Hagrid would find out soon enough, too soon...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:28:37 pm by Swiftu »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.647 seconds with 73 queries.