Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game idea - Legend of Zelda:Shadows of the Past  (Read 2014 times)

Game idea - Legend of Zelda:Shadows of the Past
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:09:20 am »
Legend of Zelda: Shadows of the Past

DISCLAIMER:  This story takes place 400 years after OoT, LttP, and Minish Cap.  It is in no way a tie into the other Zeldas but is a different approach to the Zelda series.  DO NOT flame me if I bash the LoZ timeline...I am still working out when this game will take place.  A lot of this is also scattered so I am putting this out for people to see and give me suggestions on how to fix it.
END DISCLAIMER

Vaati and Ganondorf...Two evils sealed away by heroes of forgotten lore.  Hyrule had grown and prospered since the defeat of Ganondorf and Vaati.
It has been four-hundred years since the day that Link and Zelda sealed Ganondorf into the Shadow Realm.  Vaati was sealed into the Picori Blade years before that.

King Hyrule had been sensing something was coming for Hyrule.  Something he thought he sealed away long ago.  He did not want to bring fear to his people.  The Triforce had long been taken from Hyrule by the Sages for safe keeping in a location only the King new...if it was true.  Over the course of the past four-hundred years, the legends of a boy Link defeating evil with the Triforce had become more of a myth and a good bedtime story.  Nonetheless, some still named their sons "Link" in a reverence to the hero of old.  King Hyrule was reaching his fiftieth birthday.  He felt anguish and fear.  Something was not right with his kingdom today.  The people of course were happy.  They were preparing the festival for their King's birthday.
But,...The King could not feel the normal life and joyfullness from nature.  The birds did not chirp their joyful song.  The wind seemed dead as it blew.
The King grabbed the hilt of his hidden sword.  Something was definetly coming for his land.....

Kakariko Village-
A boy was getting ready to take his childhood friend to the festival in Hyrule Town.  He was 16.  Many people in Kakariko did not go to Hyrule because of culture conflicts.  Most of the people in Hyrule Town wore extravagant clothing and were rich.  Most of the people in Kakariko wore tunics.  The most common color being green.  The boy was putting on his green tunic when he heared a familiar voice..."LINK!"...He looked out the window to see his childhood friend, Saria(No connection to Saria of OoT).  She was also sporting a green tunic and was at the age of 15.  Link signaled he was on his way outside.  As he got to the bottom of the steps, his father gave him 100 rupees and said,"Son, you are age to weild a sword.  While you are at the festival, remember to buy a nice sword for yourself and me and you will practice when you return."  Link nodded.  Link was soon outside with Saria.  They made way for Hyrule Town talking about childish stories and enjoying each others company.  It was the first time Link had been to Hyrule Town.  Saria was telling him all about it.  Saria liked talking to Link.  Although they had grown up together, Saria had much more feelings toward Link than as a bestfriend.  She'd give anything for him.  She liked going with him when he hunted in the woods when they were younger.  She was talking and thinking of the old days when it started to rain.  Link put his cap on Saria's head to keep the rain out of her hair.  They were nearing the gate to Hyrule Town when Linked stopped.  Something was wrong.  There was no singing, no laughter, no music...It seemed as if Hyrule Castle had been deserted long ago.  Saria clung onto Link as they walked through town.  Link bent down and picked up an old sword.  It seemed alright.  He thought they might need something to protect themselves.  Saria also picked up a short sword.  She had been taught on self defense from Link's fauther when she was younger.  Both of them crept towards the castle hand in hand, not knowing what awaited them...

And so begins The Legend of Zelda: Shadows of the Past.

Well, I know alot may seem out of place, but what do you think?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Game idea - Legend of Zelda:Shadows of the P...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:16 am »
  • b e p i s
It's a decent concept. Make sure the romance is kept sweet and lighthearted to stay with the Zelda spirit. Drama is okay, but remember that Zelda is a fun game, if not always a bright, cheery one.

Also, I can help clean up some grammar errors I saw and add a bit more panache and pizzazz to your synopsis, if you wish.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:19:25 am »
hmm remove the green tunic part, you are trying to explain all, why he is a hero, why he wears the same cloth, how he learned to fight, etc.. Saria name needs to be changed.. eventhough you say it has no relationship with OoT saria people will think different. you should not make it that his dad gives link 100 rupees since they are poor, just make it that link finds a sword in the castle town.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:36:02 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Yes change Saria's name, definetly...

It is pretty good but try and explain more about the cultural differences between the poor and rich side of Hyrule.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:58:35 pm »
It's a decent concept. Make sure the romance is kept sweet and lighthearted to stay with the Zelda spirit. Drama is okay, but remember that Zelda is a fun game, if not always a bright, cheery one.

Also, I can help clean up some grammar errors I saw and add a bit more panache and pizzazz to your synopsis, if you wish.
Sure.  Any help I can get would be..well helpful!

hmm remove the green tunic part, you are trying to explain all, why he is a hero, why he wears the same cloth, how he learned to fight, etc.. Saria name needs to be changed.. eventhough you say it has no relationship with OoT saria people will think different. you should not make it that his dad gives link 100 rupees since they are poor, just make it that link finds a sword in the castle town.
They are not poor,it's just a different lifestyle between Hyrule Town and Kakariko Village.  But I am thinking about what you said.  Maybe change it so Link's father tells him to visit the smithy in Hyrule Town.  His father knows the smith.  So he could tell Link to get a sword from the smithy while he is in Hyrule Town.

It is pretty good but try and explain more about the cultural differences between the poor and rich side of Hyrule.

I really cannot think of a better Zelda related name to have as his childhood friend.  And there is not a rich/poor Hyrule Town.  Hyrule Town is upclass and Kakariko Village is more of a laid back but working village.  They supply Hyrule Town.  It's hard to explain.

Thanks for the replies!Keep 'em coming!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 05:59:33 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Quote from: kylink on Today at 12:36:02 AM

I really cannot think of a better Zelda related name to have as his childhood friend.  And there is not a rich/poor Hyrule Town.  Hyrule Town is upclass and Kakariko Village is more of a laid back but working village.  They supply Hyrule Town.  It's hard to explain.
yah um...okay I never said rich/poor sides of Hyrule Town...I said Hyrule...which INCLUDES kakariko town.
...Many people in Kakariko did not go to Hyrule because of culture conflicts.  Most of the people in Hyrule Town wore extravagant clothing and were rich.  Most of the people in Kakariko wore tunics...
This just sort of makes me think that there would be rich/poor people...pardon my taking what you said and trying to understand it...>_>

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 06:01:56 pm »
No problem.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 01:05:59 am »
Legend of Zelda: Shadows of the Past – Working Title

DISCLAIMER:  This story takes place 400 years after OoT, LttP, and Minish Cap.    DO NOT flame me if I bash the LoZ timeline...I am still working out when this game will take place.  A lot of this is also scattered so I am putting this out for people to see and give me suggestions on how to fix it.
END DISCLAIMER

Vaati and Ganondorf...Two evils sealed away by heroes of forgotten lore.  Hyrule had grown and prospered since the defeat of Ganondorf and Vaati.
It has been four-hundred years since the day that Link and Zelda sealed Ganondorf into the Shadow Realm.  Vaati was sealed into the Picori Blade years before that.

King Hyrule had been sensing something was coming for Hyrule.  Something he thought he sealed away long ago.  He did not want to bring fear to his people.  The Triforce had long been taken from Hyrule by the Sages for safe keeping in a location only the King new...if it was true.  Over the course of the past four-hundred years, the legends of a boy Link defeating evil with the Triforce had become more of a myth and a good bedtime story.  Nonetheless, some still named their sons "Link" in a reverence to the hero of old.  King Hyrule was reaching his fiftieth birthday.  He felt anguish and fear.  Something was not right with his kingdom today.  The people of course were happy.  They were preparing the festival for their King's birthday.
But,...The King could not feel the normal life and joyfullness from nature.  The birds did not chirp their joyful song.  The wind seemed dead as it blew.
The King grabbed the hilt of his hidden sword.  Something was definetly coming for his land.....

Kakariko Village-
A boy was getting ready to take his childhood friend to the festival in Hyrule Town.  He was 16.  Many people in Kakariko did not go to Hyrule because of culture conflicts.  Most of the people in Hyrule Town wore extravagant clothing and were rich.  Most of the people in Kakariko wore tunics.  The most common color being green.  The boy was putting on his green tunic when he heared a familiar voice..."LINK!"...He looked out the window to see his childhood friend, Saria(No connection to Saria of OoT).  She was also sporting a green tunic and was at the age of 15.  Link signaled he was on his way outside.  As he got to the bottom of the steps, his father gave him 100 rupees and said,"Son, you are age to weild a sword.  While you are at the festival, remember to buy a nice sword for yourself and me and you will practice when you return."  Link nodded.  Link was soon outside with Saria.  They made way for Hyrule Town talking about childish stories and enjoying each others company.  It was the first time Link had been to Hyrule Town.  Saria was telling him all about it.  Saria liked talking to Link.  Although they had grown up together, Saria had much more feelings toward Link than as a bestfriend.  She'd give anything for him.  She liked going with him when he hunted in the woods when they were younger.  She was talking and thinking of the old days when it started to rain.  Link put his cap on Saria's head to keep the rain out of her hair.  They were nearing the gate to Hyrule Town when Linked stopped.  Something was wrong.  There was no singing, no laughter, no music...It seemed as if Hyrule Castle had been deserted long ago.  Saria clung onto Link as they walked through town.  Link bent down and picked up an old sword.  It seemed alright.  He thought they might need something to protect themselves.  Saria also picked up a short sword.  She had been taught on self defense from Link's father when she was younger.  Both of them crept towards the castle hand in hand, not knowing what awaited them...

And so begins The Legend of Zelda: Shadows of the Past.

WARNING:This draft has many alternate paths!  I have brainstormed many ideas.  I will try to make a contents page for you to follow from.
I do not have a better name at the moment for the alternate realm...I am using Time-shift zone for a filler.

Contents
Intro
1.Hyrule Castle

1.Hyrule Castle – Time-shift Zone

Link and Saria enter the town.  They find it to be decimated.  Link and Saria both each grab a sword and head towards the castle.

Player takes control of Link at the footsteps of the castle.  Player moves a few feet, then a cutscene.

Saria- What...what happened?!  It looks like it's been destroyed!  How can Hyrule Castle be destroyed?!  I was here a fortnight ago!

Link(player) is not paying attention.  He is focused on the shadows ahead.  Saria notices and screams and fall backwards down the steps...(<--pending).  The player then resumes control of Link.
The enemies could be either monsters of some form of evil soldiers, not quite sure what yet.

Player defeats the enemies.  Cutscene.

Saria-Ouch...Sorry about that.  What is going on here?  Why are there monsters in the castle?
Let's keep going!

Player resumes control.
Player enters the castle.

Upon entering, another cutscene.

Link pushes Saria back as in an attempt to tell her to flee.

Saria-No!  I am helping you this time!  No more running!

Player resumes control.

Saria becomes an computer controlled ally.  Mostly supporting but if an enemy gets close enough, she attacks it.

They battle there way through a couple of levels of monsters.  They end up in the king's chamber.

Cutscene.
This section may be altered later on.  I am debating on having both Ganon and Vaati here at the same time, or just Ganon and have Vaati revealed later on.  If I have both, I have separated the two's voice lines by deeper being Ganon.

???:Your castle is finished, oh King!  Why not spare your life and tell us the location of the Triforce?

King:Fools!  No one knows where it is!

???:But, your majesty, surely THE KING would know where the power of the gods lies?  What kind of king would not know his own kingdom.

King:You do not get it!  It was hidden away long ago!

???(Deeper voiced):HIDDEN BY WHOM!?!

King:...

???:Bwhaha...You won't tell us.  I guess we must “play” for a while to change his mind.

Link runs in between the two parties.

King:???!

???(Deeper voice):WHAT?  IS THIS POSSIBLE?!---??? steps back

???:You cannot be here!  The legend is over...it's- it's done!  You cannot be the hero!

King:You must leave here at once!  It's no longer safe!

???(Deeper voice):Wait a moment!  He has no tattoo on his hand.

???:Mehehe...I see.  Well, then what is he doing here?

???(Deeper):  Does it matter?  He reminds me too much of the old hero.  Let's “play” with him.

???:Mehehe...Very well.

During this time the two ??? speaking are visible but their colors are heavily shaded so that you can only really pick out a body form and eyes...No faces or anything.

The player then resume control of Link.

The player attempts to defeat the two but is quickly beaten.

Cutscene.

???:Mehehe...That was entertaining.

???(Deeper):  Truly...let's get this whelp out of our way.

Link is kneeling in pain by the throne next to king.

Saria begins to move towards Link.

Saria:LINK!

Saria is then lifted by a spell by Vaati(???).

???:  And what do we have here?  A little pigeon out of her cage.

???(Deeper):  Seeing as that boy is not the hero....maybe we should do him some justice and remove the girl?

???:Mehehe...I guess he does not deserve one so fair.  Very well.

Link looks toward Saria...Saria looks back at him.

???(Vaati) casts the stone spell we know from MC.

The screen flashes.

The screen clears with Saria slumped on the floor over Link's stoned body.

???:What?...

???(Deeper):  Maybe he was a “hero” after all...bwhaha

King:Silence!  You two...I finally know who you are!  I will banish you back to where you came!

???(Deeper):Oh really?  I would like to know how you plan on doing that?

The king reveals the Master Sword.

???(Deeper):Bah!  Why?  Why doesn't anything turn out the way we plan!?

???:Mehehe...It's of no concern.  We shall flee for the moment...But, king, remember this...
Your kingdom's and your days are numbered!  We will be back!

The two disappear into a smoky mist.

Saria-Link?....Link?....*cry*

King:Foolish boy!

Saria-How could you say that?!  He just gave his life for me?!  And...and..what's going on here?!  What happened to the festival?

King:We did have the festival today...

Saria – What?  How?  Where is everyone?

King:...

There is a silence.  The king moves toward a window.

King:Somehow, he broke through the dark realm and came here.  He must've freed the other.  The other must now of this dark art.

Saria – What are you talking about?

King:...Those two...They are Ganondorf and Vaati...Two of the worst men in the history of our kingdom.  Ganondorf was sealed in the dark realm and Vaati in the Picori Blade...Ganondorf has been exiled for quite a few centuries.  The seal must have weakened since the Sages left with the Triforce.

Saria- I..I..don't care!  How can I save Link!?

King:...I would use the power of the Master Sword, but I am afraid it lost it's power many moons ago.

Saria – So, you are telling me it's hopeless?

King:  Well, if some found the pieces of the Ocarina of Time, one could go back and pull the Master Sword out of it's pedestal when it's power still radiated.  Just one touch of the sword can heal this boy.
But, I am afraid the pieces were lost when the 3 temples were pillaged some years ago.  I could do nothing, but watch as the three temples of the Triforce were plundered by the hordes of evil.  Now, each has a guardian holding a piece of the Ocarina of Time.

Saria – Why was it spilt?  Wasn't all that just a legend?

King:...We kept the location of the temples and ocarina pieces hidden from the kingdom so that if ever the need for a hero to rise, he could once again claim the pieces to help restore peace to Hyrule.  The temples are based on the pieces of Triforce.  Temple of Power – you will need great “physical power” to enter and defeat what awaits.  Temple of Courage – nothing but entering and vanquishing the evil that lays in that temple, can you reach the piece of the Ocarina.  Temple of Wisdom – you must use you wit and wisdom to make you way through the temple...You will also need a “eye that can see the truth”.  If you wish to save this boy, then that is what you must do.

Saria – But I...

King:Go!  You must before it is too late!  Time flows differently here.  What may seem a day in Hyrule is as months here.  You must go before I run out of time!  I will stay with the boy!  Here, I'll mark the Temple of Courage on your map.

Saria takes one last look at Link grabs his sword and heads out of the Castle.

Screen blackens then brightens back.

Saria is standing outside of Hyrule Town.

Saria – I must help Link.

Player controls Saria from this point in the game.  Saria's combat will be diffently from Link's.

Saria uses dual wielding techniques while Link used sword and shield techniques.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.371 seconds with 51 queries.

anything