Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you like to see this come back? If so, what graphics style?

No
Yes, Link's Awakening/OoA/OoS Style
Yes, A Link to the Past Style
Yes, Minish Cap Style
Yes, other style (Please post)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: [OPEN SOURCE]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 2D  (Read 119045 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time ...
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2009, 06:47:19 pm »
O_O Do you have a playable demo up to that point?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2009, 07:15:34 pm »
I'm sorry. I was overflowed with homework, etc... and my computer is still laggy. At least the sound works :)

No problem. It even happens to the best of us. It is not as if you get paid to deliver this.

Wicked screen. Will you be able to see the cameos of Mario and Yoshi there as well  8)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2009, 07:41:51 pm »
  • The Mike

Wicked screen. Will you be able to see the cameos of Mario and Yoshi there as well  8)

He would have to put the windows on the back walls since you wouldn't be able to see them that well from the sides.

• Zelda Eternity

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2009, 07:02:18 pm »
You know that when you dive you can go anywhere right?
You just hold the dive button and go wherever. I posted screenies on your GMC topic.
I got past mido without a shield, and got owned at the deku scrub, which seems just to be one of those turret engines I saw awhile ago.

No offense, but really your engine just feels like a couple of tutorials mashed together.
Your collisions are still bad, rolling gets you past areas, meaning you didn't change the sprite, but you changed the entire object to a rolling object, which obviously has no collision with whatever you used to change maps. Same with holding pots. Rolling is useless, restricting movement and it doesn't increase speed at all, and the origins are off.

My thoughts, possibly a bit rude, but needs a lot of work engine wise...
-Ethelon

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2009, 03:13:19 pm »
You just hold the dive button and go wherever. I posted screenies on your GMC topic.
I got past mido without a shield, and got owned at the deku scrub, which seems just to be one of those turret engines I saw awhile ago.

No offense, but really your engine just feels like a couple of tutorials mashed together.
Your collisions are still bad, rolling gets you past areas, meaning you didn't change the sprite, but you changed the entire object to a rolling object, which obviously has no collision with whatever you used to change maps. Same with holding pots. Rolling is useless, restricting movement and it doesn't increase speed at all, and the origins are off.

-Ethelon

I reported that many, many weeks ago :p
I have an entire list of bugs i found, think its around 20 glitches, it is somewhere in this thread.

And dont you think he knew that you could roll over objects? He just released if for every to test, it was not in a beta stage, not even an alpha stage when he released it, it was just to show the progress.
And if you dont like it, dont play it : /
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:15:13 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2009, 03:18:07 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

Hows he supposed to know if he likes it, if he doesn't play it?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »

Hows he supposed to know if he likes it, if he doesn't play it?
What do you mean? He have to know if he likes it or not if he have played it?
« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Ethelon's response was pure constructive criticism, he never said he didn't like the project.
Plus, you can't 'play' a technical demo... it's meant to be released for people to test it and tell the developper about the flaws in it.

I'll try testing this when I have some free time. D:

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2009, 05:52:10 pm »
I was just giving him tips...
I mean like the roll is supposed to be faster, but the way it is now, the only boost from it is because the origins are a few pixels off, so it gives an initial small boost.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2009, 06:07:43 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Let's try and be cool about constructive criticism, guys. There are no insults in criticism.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:02 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Let's try and be cool about constructive criticism, guys. There are no insults in criticism.
Sorry, what? There are no insults in any of our posts. It's just the way he put it, it sounds like he's attacking the project, while I'm sure he isn't. :P Just trying to help him better the engine. Because I don't know if you played it, but I did, and it seriously needs alot of work.

1st of. Colisions. This is the first thing to try and perfect when making a zelda fan-game. It's just so important, I kept getting stuck in your demo. I see you're using GM, try and use masks for every place you can collide with instead of just using the object's sprite. Make a mask for Link aswell.

2nd. ORIGINS. Seriously, whenever you use the sword, your character wiggles all over the screen. You quite clearly messed up the sprite's origins. Look at Link when he runs, his shadow goes up and down. Try messing with the origins for a while and get that right, otherwise your game will feel cheap.

3rd. Rolling looks weird, aswell as the animation. Maybe it should animate faster, try using image_speed to fix that.

There are a few more problems but I just can't remember them off the top of my head.

You should try and get these things done before you continue with development. They're big issues. Other than that, it looks like you got something going. ;) I'm not trying to put this project down, just try and make a close-to-perfect engine before you continue on to bigger challenges, because if not, the code will be messy and you'll just abandon the project.

Best of luck!!  :)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2009, 06:47:15 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Sorry, what? There are no insults in any of our posts. It's just the way he put it, it sounds like he's attacking the project, while I'm sure he isn't. Look at me, I'm invisible! Just trying to help him better the engine. Because I don't know if you played it, but I did, and it seriously needs alot of work.

Darunia, I'd like you to think next time before you post a response like this. That "sorry, what?" comment kind of makes it seem like you're being a little rude.

To clarify, I'm saying "guys" as in EVERYONE. I'm mainly saying that if somebody makes a constructive criticism comment (and even if it sounds a touch on the harsh side), people should just respect that it's constructive criticism and not jump on the guy.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Darunia, I'd like you to think next time before you post a response like this. That "sorry, what?" comment kind of makes it seem like you're being a little rude.
I'm sorry, but that really wasn't my intention. I just misunderstood your post.

But...,
I'd like you to think next time before you post a response like this.
I read my posts over again at least two times before clicking on 'Post'. I just can't know for sure what other people will think when they read them. I also edit them alot to fix grammar/add content and stuff. I do think before posting.  :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:58:35 pm by Darunia »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2009, 09:08:38 pm »
Thanks star.
I think as far as what he has is fine, just the engine itself that needs a bit of editting. The major ones have been repeatedly listed already...

« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2009, 09:18:23 am »
Guys, there is more issues then the ones posted in this page.
I also said that all the stuff you said is already posted a while ago.
This is a quote of one glitch report i made.
I just noticed that when you roll on a door entrence, you just roll over it and can walk behind the walls.
You really should fix that. THIS ONLY WORKS ON SOME PLACES

Also, the stair glitch is not fixed, i can still climb to the side and start climing around on the ground.

And the pathing on links house isnt fixed, i can walk up on the roof.

I noticed that you can walk up on that house with the bridge now. When i jumped down from the path up to the house roof, i rolled out of the edge and jumped all the way to the cliff wall and now im stuck there.

When i walk inside a house (walking downwards) and i dont release the button when i enter, i leave it instantly. Anyoing sometimes, make it so that you have to "re-press" the buttons after you enter a house, with that i mean that you should make link stop walking after entering a house.

Maybe you should make the guards fairys follow them, looks wierd when they doesnt move.

I found the funniest glitch so far! =D When you dive, you can swim out of the water and dive under the ground then start to swim out of the water, i justed dived throgh mido and im going to deku tree without a sword and shield.

The deku stick unit things have pathing but the deku scrubs doesnt, should be reversed if you ask me.

When you hold pots, you can walk through doors, like when you roll.

Yay, you added the rolling stone, make it roll like in OoT and make it bigger so you cant avoid it, you have to run at the right moment, i just walk around it now.

If you use the sword next to a ledge, you will jump down, you even jump down when its a bridge in front of you (the one that is connected to the house). Your pathing should not change when you use a sword.

You can find blure rupees in the gress, isnt that a little to much?
And you find rupees to often.

!@#$%, !@#$% and !@#$% again! I cant move after i open the slingshot chest >_>
Thats why i saved the game and restarted it, and now i can continue, im so smart xD

Why doesnt the game pause when you "pause"?

Whats with that wall you are suppost to climb on? Befor you hit the targets, its a piece of !@#$%, when you walk towards it, you start to climb and stop to climb like 5 times in a second and you cant use your slingshot when standing next to it, anoying when you want to hit the targets.

Try to find a better sound for deku tree, i have to turn of the volume when i enter becouse it sounds so horrible.

If you roll up on one of those creatures in the first room of deku tree, you get stuck on it and you die in like 1 second, that sucks. And then i figured someone else out, you doesnt get invulnerable after you get hitted, you should be that for a short moment.

May i ask why you didnt put in the entire deku tree? :O
I mean the entire deku tree sprite, he is just cutted of on the top.

You really attack to slow, just look at it, its like its 1/2 of the speed when he attacks. I never noticed that befor.

I readed the comments above, i guess im lucky, i can play it without a single problem :p

When you are aiming your slingshot, you can click on another C button to shot and you get a discount on the C spot you clicked on, so if i have slingshot equiped on C-Left and press down C-Left and release C-Right, it will decrease the amount of X in the C-Right spot.

If you try to equip an empty slot in the inventory you get error. So do not press any C-Button in the inventory screen when you havent selected an item.

When you start the game, you should start inside links house.

-Mido will strafe when I'm not even close to him. (I'm swimming in the lake and watching him block my path)
Mido does that in OoT to, Go and play it and take a look yourself.
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2009, 09:07:42 am »

-Ethelon
No, its all the same object..... that happens because I made it so you can only walk through the door by walking, because the slashing used to sometimes collide with the door. Its an easy fix, and fixed already :P
Sorry, what? There are no insults in any of our posts. It's just the way he put it, it sounds like he's attacking the project, while I'm sure he isn't. :P Just trying to help him better the engine. Because I don't know if you played it, but I did, and it seriously needs alot of work.

1st of. Colisions. This is the first thing to try and perfect when making a zelda fan-game. It's just so important, I kept getting stuck in your demo. I see you're using GM, try and use masks for every place you can collide with instead of just using the object's sprite. Make a mask for Link aswell.

2nd. ORIGINS. Seriously, whenever you use the sword, your character wiggles all over the screen. You quite clearly messed up the sprite's origins. Look at Link when he runs, his shadow goes up and down. Try messing with the origins for a while and get that right, otherwise your game will feel cheap.

3rd. Rolling looks weird, aswell as the animation. Maybe it should animate faster, try using image_speed to fix that.

There are a few more problems but I just can't remember them off the top of my head.

You should try and get these things done before you continue with development. They're big issues. Other than that, it looks like you got something going. ;) I'm not trying to put this project down, just try and make a close-to-perfect engine before you continue on to bigger challenges, because if not, the code will be messy and you'll just abandon the project.

Best of luck!!  :)
I'm working on them

BTW I'm remaking the whole engine to be even better :O

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2009, 09:11:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Indeed; saying "YOU SUCK!" is only constructive if you're a vacuum! .. Or a prostitute D:

Anyway; I'm surprised this isn't dead yet O_O It's good to hear you're still working on it Ahmio

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »
Agreed, but I'm not as surprised.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2009, 02:35:53 pm »
THIS WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

But seriously, i got my GM7 pro back. I've fixed about 7 glitches so far. Not bad for 5 minutes :P
I'm also making all resoures external. Smaller file size and faster loading ;)

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »
You know you didn't add walls around links house? As in if X was the entrance, and S was the walkable area. This is what you could do.
/----\
|SSS|
|SXS|
|SSS| << Normal walking area, the "patio"
=====
   =
   =
   =

Mhm...

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 77 queries.