Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you like to see this come back? If so, what graphics style?

No
Yes, Link's Awakening/OoA/OoS Style
Yes, A Link to the Past Style
Yes, Minish Cap Style
Yes, other style (Please post)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: [OPEN SOURCE]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 2D  (Read 120008 times)

Re: [DEMO]The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time ...
« Reply #340 on: March 30, 2009, 03:44:17 pm »
I just noticed that when you roll on a door entrence, you just roll over it and can walk behind the walls.
You really should fix that. THIS ONLY WORKS ON SOME PLACES

Also, the stair glitch is not fixed, i can still climb to the side and start climing around on the ground.

And the pathing on links house isnt fixed, i can walk up on the roof.

I noticed that you can walk up on that house with the bridge now. When i jumped down from the path up to the house roof, i rolled out of the edge and jumped all the way to the cliff wall and now im stuck there.

When i walk inside a house (walking downwards) and i dont release the button when i enter, i leave it instantly. Anyoing sometimes, make it so that you have to "re-press" the buttons after you enter a house, with that i mean that you should make link stop walking after entering a house.

Maybe you should make the guards fairys follow them, looks wierd when they doesnt move.

I found the funniest glitch so far! =D When you dive, you can swim out of the water and dive under the ground then start to swim out of the water, i justed dived throgh mido and im going to deku tree without a sword and shield.

The deku stick unit things have pathing but the deku scrubs doesnt, should be reversed if you ask me.

When you hold pots, you can walk through doors, like when you roll.

Yay, you added the rolling stone, make it roll like in OoT and make it bigger so you cant avoid it, you have to run at the right moment, i just walk around it now.

If you use the sword next to a ledge, you will jump down, you even jump down when its a bridge in front of you (the one that is connected to the house). Your pathing should not change when you use a sword.

You can find blure rupees in the gress, isnt that a little to much?
And you find rupees to often.

!@#$%, !@#$% and !@#$% again! I cant move after i open the slingshot chest >_>
Thats why i saved the game and restarted it, and now i can continue, im so smart xD

Why doesnt the game pause when you "pause"?

Whats with that wall you are suppost to climb on? Befor you hit the targets, its a piece of !@#$%, when you walk towards it, you start to climb and stop to climb like 5 times in a second and you cant use your slingshot when standing next to it, anoying when you want to hit the targets.

Try to find a better sound for deku tree, i have to turn of the volume when i enter becouse it sounds so horrible.

If you roll up on one of those creatures in the first room of deku tree, you get stuck on it and you die in like 1 second, that sucks. And then i figured someone else out, you doesnt get invulnerable after you get hitted, you should be that for a short moment.

May i ask why you didnt put in the entire deku tree? :O
I mean the entire deku tree sprite, he is just cutted of on the top.

You really attack to slow, just look at it, its like its 1/2 of the speed when he attacks. I never noticed that befor.

I readed the comments above, i guess im lucky, i can play it without a single problem :p

When you are aiming your slingshot, you can click on another C button to shot and you get a discount on the C spot you clicked on, so if i have slingshot equiped on C-Left and press down C-Left and release C-Right, it will decrease the amount of X in the C-Right spot.

If you try to equip an empty slot in the inventory you get error. So do not press any C-Button in the inventory screen when you havent selected an item.

When you start the game, you should start inside links house.

-Mido will strafe when I'm not even close to him. (I'm swimming in the lake and watching him block my path)
Mido does that in OoT to, Go and play it and take a look yourself.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:27:50 pm by LTGH »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #341 on: March 30, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
probably already reported, but you can walk through doors when holding pots... like literally through the object that acts as a doorway... so I can walk on all the walls in the houses.

Also up near the Lost Woods entrance, there are tons of trees that somehow don't have leaves... They have the outlines to where the leaves are but its just the outlines. The inner part is see through... I'm not quite sure how you missed that.

Also, should have made it either not possible to enter the Lost Woods, or made it so you could leave them... I just spent like 10 minutes collecting Rupees to buy the shield, and when I went to look in the woods, I can't go back :/... I don't really feel like restarting...

Edit: Did you program this game to play like Super Mario Frustration? This time around, when I picked up the sword, I got stuck in the stump the treasure chest is on...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:27:51 pm by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2009, 07:02:33 pm »
your'e doing great, don't get discouraged by these comments. Just take al ittle more time on the small things first. Don't rush it to fast. I would much rather have half oot2d that has great gameplay than a full oot2d with crudy gameplay. Nice job so far.  XD

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:14 pm »
your'e doing great, don't get discouraged by these comments. Just take al ittle more time on the small things first. Don't rush it to fast. I would much rather have half oot2d that has great gameplay than a full oot2d with crudy gameplay. Nice job so far.  XD

Mine was very constructive thank you very much  >:(
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #344 on: March 30, 2009, 10:00:40 pm »
Yea i know jeod, sry not trying to point you out. No one really said anything mean just trying to keep him from dropping this project, you know what i mean right?

Jeod

« Reply #345 on: March 30, 2009, 11:19:11 pm »
Yeah I know, and my comment about that was sarcastic. But I doubt he'll drop it, and if he does he'll probably hand the source code over for others to work on.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2009, 09:25:43 am »
Thanks guys!
NEW DEMO!!!

I'm sorry to say this, but I can describe your demo in 1 word: HORRIBLE!

I've tried the demo a half dozen times, before I erased it from my harddrive. The reason: I couldn't get to the Deku Tree. My computer crashes once I get to a different area than Kokiri Forest. If I go to the Lost Woods or in a house, the memory usage goes through the roof and there is continuously reading and writing from and to the HD. It literally takes a minute to process a key press at that moment.

I think you have to look over your code.
That's never, ever happened to me...... Has it happened to anyone else ?

Thanks for all the gliches, guys! This will really help :) Yeah, and i won't be giving up any time soon...... :P

« Reply #347 on: April 08, 2009, 08:23:34 am »
It would have been good if you beta tested it befor releasing it :p
And if you cant do it, just let someone else beta test it. Sometimes its not that fun to play when all you find is glitches you know.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2009, 11:07:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
And if you cant do it, just let someone else beta test it. Sometimes its not that fun to play when all you find is glitches you know.

One thing-

Games should never be *beta tested* (which is poor terminology for the progress of this game *anyway*; it's not in beta yet) by the person programming it. It creates a bias towards the development. You should almost view it being posted here as the beta testing, and everyone who played the game is his QA department. Everyone playing it is basically doing Agile testing.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #349 on: April 08, 2009, 11:23:09 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

One thing-

Games should never be *beta tested* (which is poor terminology for the progress of this game *anyway*; it's not in beta yet) by the person programming it. It creates a bias towards the development. You should almost view it being posted here as the beta testing, and everyone who played the game is his QA department. Everyone playing it is basically doing Agile testing.

I agree. Generally the creator doesn't find all of the bugs, it's the QA guys who usually do. So, to the guy who called the demo "HORRIBLE"...look at mine and Mammy's post.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Jeod

« Reply #350 on: April 08, 2009, 12:45:02 pm »
Eh, I'm guessing much more quality demos will come out around summer, when school isn't bothering everyone.

« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:23 pm »
Just so you know :P
Beta testing will begin tommorow!!!!!
all the people who have been accepted will be notified by PM!!!!!!

He said that a few pages back so dont tell me that it shouldent be beta tested.
And well, i tought beta testers was people that tested a game befor releasing it(at all) but i guess i was wrong....
Insted of releasing versions that contains a HUGE amount of bugs, take your time to fix everything befor releasing.
About 20min after he released the latest beta i had a list of about 15bugs i found, it was like one bug every minute.
And cant you make a list on the people that is beta testing? since it feels like its not happening so much.

The bugs list (it is outdated, havent posted the latest bugs i have found)
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=31439.msg377294#msg377294
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:17:47 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2009, 09:55:54 am »
Down !?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #353 on: May 21, 2009, 10:00:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Quite the delayed response there cruzbr;

It does appear that this is abandonware, yes.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #354 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:43 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
....cruzbr....that was quite the limited response.

Anyway, I still am not giving up hope on ahmio. He may have exams and whatnot to deal with. Maybe his computer exploded, who knows.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #355 on: May 21, 2009, 06:23:40 pm »
  • Xiphirx

Anyway, I still am not giving up hope on ahmio. He may have exams and whatnot to deal with. Maybe his computer exploded, who knows.

Maybe his computer exploded, who knows.

* Xiphirx walks off slowly

He was last active April 30, 2009, 03:30:19 AM, that's a loong time ago. Seems pretty busy.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:31 pm »

Maybe his computer exploded, who knows.

* Xiphirx walks off slowly

He was last active April 30, 2009, 03:30:19 AM, that's a loong time ago. Seems pretty busy.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work on OoT2d has officially resumed XD !!!!!

Jeod

« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2009, 05:08:37 pm »
WHAT THE FU--BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Where have you been man!?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2009, 05:17:16 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Guys, I told you ahmio would come back :P

I agree fully with Jeod's comment!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2009, 05:27:52 pm »
WHAT THE FU--BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Where have you been man!?
Guys, I told you ahmio would come back :P

I agree fully with Jeod's comment!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
I'm sorry. I was overflowed with homework, etc... and my computer is still laggy. At least the sound works :)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 77 queries.

anything