Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saw 5 prank phone call promotion almost gives old woman heart attack.  (Read 1365 times)

Saw 5 prank phone call promotion almost gives ol...
« on: October 17, 2008, 10:09:57 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
A new viral marketing campaign for "Saw V" is scaring the wits out of some of its unsuspecting targets, according to OPP.

A website for the fifth film in the series of psychological horrors allows visitors to enter their name and a friend's in order to generate a creepy message that can be dialled to any home number.

The main characters in the films become involved in deadly games of chance. The phone messages play directly on that theme.

"Hello, (name). Do you want to play a game? You think it's over but the games have just begun. I'm here with your friend (friend's name). My work will continue in a way you never saw coming. You won't believe how it ends. Let the game begin," the automated message recites in a low grizzled voice.

These calls have genuinely frightened a number of citizens, including the mother of an intended target who called OPP to complain. Since Thanksgiving weekend, said Const. Tracey Bednarczyk, the Nottawasga detachment has received at least six calls from concerned citizens about the alarming messages.

But what the marketers are doing is not illegal, Bednarczyk said, which makes the cases harder to investigate. "There are no threats made, so it's more of a nuisance phone call, but obviously if they continue they could be harassing in nature, she said.

A disclaimer on the website reads, "The site is provided to give our users an interesting and fun forum in which they entertain their family, friends or colleagues... Please use your best judgment and be respectful of other individuals."

Bednarczyk said the OPP is alerting the public to the source of the calls but, "there's nothing criminal in the message."

"It's obviously a good promotional tactic," she added. "It's got everyone's attention."

The part about the old woman almost getting a heart attack wasn't in here but I just seen it on the news.

OH FISSURE YOU DOG YOU.

http://saw5.varitalk.com/ That's the link for it but it seems to be gone :( LAME.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:14:11 pm by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: Saw 5 prank phone call promotion almost give...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:20:14 pm »
Thats so mean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 53 queries.