Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Guns and Hookers lose: Wii Fit poised to outsell GTA4  (Read 2674 times)

Xiphirx

wat
Guns and Hookers lose: Wii Fit poised to outsell...
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:03:23 pm »
  • Xiphirx
  • For The Swarm

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: Guns and Hookers lose: Wii Fit poised to out...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:03 pm »
Meh, everyone can play Wii Fit.
Even old people!

Not even many adults like GTA.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:29 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Fact: There are more fat women out there than there are GTA fans.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:09:25 pm »
  • *whistle*
I wanna get Wii Fit, but the !@#$% is always sold out whenever I go to look. :/
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38:38 pm »
Well that's indeed pretty strange and it must be painfull for Rockstar.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:45:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

It just means theres a lot of stupid gamers out in the world, that's all. Not painful for Rockstar at all; they appeal to a more mature and appropriate demographic. Nintendo however markets to fat people.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:50:22 pm »
  • *whistle*

It just means theres a lot of stupid gamers out in the world, that's all. Not painful for Rockstar at all; they appeal to a more mature and appropriate demographic. Nintendo however markets to fat people.

How does GTA in any way appeal to an "appropriate demographic"?

It appeals to underage kids who jus' wann' be GANGSTA.

Seriously.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:51:51 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Seriously.

Actually I was pointing at hardcore gamers :p which IMO are the only real gamers. The rest are nongamers trying on gamer shoes
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:57:33 pm »
  • *whistle*
"Hardcore" gamers can go suck a DICK. Seriously, they're just as fickle and unappreciative - perhaps more so - than the rest of the goddamn demographic.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 02:27:56 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I like GTA, and I'm far from a "hardcore gamer"; and I think Wii Fit is stupid.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 02:39:03 am »
  • Xiphirx
I like GTA, and I'm far from a "hardcore gamer"; and I think Wii Fit is stupid.

I am too. Let's get sundaes :)
  • For The Swarm

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 04:23:03 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
It's too bad 64% of Wii Fit owners don't even use the damn thing.  Though it's not like I played GTAIV once I beat it, that game does not have great replay value.

I C'Z U
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:35 am »
Wii Fit definitely appeals to a larger group of people, and when there's obese people out in the U.S., I guess it makes sense.

I will admit though, I did buy Wii Fit. I bought it so that I wouldn't have to deal with having to go to the fitness center and boringly work out for an hour or two, but I knew that Wii Fit would be nowhere close to actually working out.

One thing about Wii Fit though, before actually playing it, I also thought it was just a waste of time and it wouldn't do anything, but actually, if you really get into doing the exercises properly and do it for a long period of time, it actually can become a workout. Wii Fit though mainly helps with flexibility and balance though. Obviously working out on Wii Fit probably wouldn't do as much as if you were to jump on a treadmill or a bike, but you will probably see some improvements. Previously before I bought Wii Fit, I had to do a sit-and-reach test in gym class after a continuous run for 12 minutes, and I was able to get 34 cm, which is really good for the average male's flexibility. After about 2 weeks of using Wii Fit atleast 2-3 times a week, I had to do the sit-and-reach test again but this time I did it cold and didn't do any runs and I got to 36. A 2 cm increase without stretching is actually a lot, so yeah, Wii Fit comes nowhere close to hardcore exercising but if you just want something to help monitor your weight and just getting a decent exercise, then you should try it out, but using Wii Fit to like lose 60 pounds in a few weeks, don't know about that..
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 05:44:00 am »

Seriously.

I enjoyed GTA 4, it was fun and had a pretty good story that i wanted to keep following, as with San Andreas.

I'm interested in the balance board, not Wii Fit.

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 09:39:01 am »

Seriously.

I enjoyed GTA 4, it was fun and had a pretty good story that i wanted to keep following, as with San Andreas.

I'm interested in the balance board, not Wii Fit.
I'm sure you too, will get to play the drums like Ravi.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:05 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm also sick of the term "hardcore gamer"... It makes no motherfucking sense! How "Hardcore" someone is shouldn't be based on what they find fun... I find puzzle games fun and could play them for hours on end. I dont really like games like GTA (sans the old top-down ones) Does this make me a "softcore gamer" even if I could spend just as much time playing as someone would spend walking around some obscenely large city trying to find some pizza salesman who slept with his wife to brutally murder him with a baseball bat? Also, games like Wii sports and Wii music are FUN. I dont give a !@#$% WHAT you think. I think games that get you up off your ass and force you to make an !@#$% out of yourself are fun. Wario Ware was probably one of my favorite games for Wii, because it was fun to play with my brother. So anyways, I just thought I'd post my 2 cents about the term HARDCORE gamer. Just cause you spent 600 bucks for your PS3 doesn't make you hardcore, douche.

In before shitstorm.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:41:11 am by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:37 pm »
  • *whistle*
I'm also sick of the term "hardcore gamer"... It makes no motherfucking sense! How "Hardcore" someone is shouldn't be based on what they find fun... I find puzzle games fun and could play them for hours on end. I dont really like games like GTA (sans the old top-down ones) Does this make me a "softcore gamer" even if I could spend just as much time playing as someone would spend walking around some obscenely large city trying to find some pizza salesman who slept with his wife to brutally murder him with a baseball bat? Also, games like Wii sports and Wii music are FUN. I dont give a !@#$% WHAT you think. I think games that get you up off your ass and force you to make an !@#$% out of yourself are fun. Wario Ware was probably one of my favorite games for Wii, because it was fun to play with my brother. So anyways, I just thought I'd post my 2 cents about the term HARDCORE gamer. Just cause you spent 600 bucks for your PS3 doesn't make you hardcore, douche.

In before shitstorm.

Quoted for epic truth.

Seriously, if video games are a major pasttime of yours, then you're a gamer. It doesn't matter what console or what kinda games you play.

Those who label themselves "hardcore" are more often than not whining fanboys who care for little other than their own ideals of gaming purity and graphics, and very little at all for fun.
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:07 pm »
  • Fight the Power

In before shitstorm.

Quoted for epic truth.

And this is the end of the thread. Any further comments are no use. ;)

Inb4 H_B's rant on DJ's post.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Even tho I'm the first person to use the term Hardcore gamer here; I must say- I use the term very loosely :P

My personal definition of a hardcore gamer is someone who actually cares to play the games; someone who puts time into them and is ready to play the next.

I see casuals as someone who never played games before, who picks up novelty games like Wii Fit just because it looks neat, then shelves it 3 days later.

Tetris is a hardcore game, imo. Puzzle games should never be excluded evaarrr...

Plus DJ you're hardcore because you actually care about games :P IMO Everyone here is hardcore because they're posting at a zelda forum for great glory.

My point was that Nintendo markets to casuals; people who buy the game and shelf it 3 days later, and not the hardcores; people who spend the time to finish every mission in a game for the sake of clocking it 100% (like someone would in GTA) :P

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 01:49:03 pm »

In before shitstorm.

Quoted for epic truth.

Seriously, if video games are a major pasttime of yours, then you're a gamer. It doesn't matter what console or what kinda games you play.

Those who label themselves "hardcore" are more often than not whining fanboys who care for little other than their own ideals of gaming purity and graphics, and very little at all for fun.

ITT: doing mundane actions = quality game

I can't wait to pay $80 for a game about dishwashing

god this topic is awful
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 75 queries.

anything