Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: |||GAME IDEA REQUEST|||  (Read 2215 times)

|||GAME IDEA REQUEST|||
« on: November 20, 2008, 05:13:03 am »
  • Minalien
Well, I am currently COMPLETELY without ANY ideas for what to develop.

Please, feel free to give me random game ideas, so long as they hold to these standards:
1) Must not be a fan game.
2) Must not be a remake of an older arcade game. Exceptions may be made in the case of incredibly badass arcade games.
3) Must not be a game based around whining because you don't have status on a forum anymore.
4) Must not be currently in development by somebody else.
5) Must be presented in a semi-intelligent manner.
6) Must target either the PC, XBOX 360, or Zune system.
7) In accepted projects, I wish to withhold the right to distribution of projects through XBOX LIVE Community Games over my account, and PC and Zune games through my own hosting systems. I am willing, however, to negotiate the specifics.

So yeah, I'm bored as all hell, and decided I may get some work thrown my way by freelancing. Guess I may as well start doing so here, so I have something to show off when I start freelancing elsewhere.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
Re: |||GAME IDEA REQUEST|||
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 05:18:01 am »
  • Xiphirx
Well, I am currently COMPLETELY without ANY ideas for what to develop.

Please, feel free to give me random game ideas, so long as they hold to these standards:
1) Must not be a fan game.
2) Must not be a remake of an older arcade game. Exceptions may be made in the case of incredibly badass arcade games.
3) Must not be a game based around whining because you don't have status on a forum anymore.
4) Must not be currently in development by somebody else.
5) Must be presented in a semi-intelligent manner.
6) Must target either the PC, XBOX 360, or Zune system.
7) In accepted projects, I wish to withhold the right to distribution of projects through XBOX LIVE Community Games over my account, and PC and Zune games through my own hosting systems. I am willing, however, to negotiate the specifics.

So yeah, I'm bored as all hell, and decided I may get some work thrown my way by freelancing. Guess I may as well start doing so here, so I have something to show off when I start freelancing elsewhere.

I have a few questions,

Does it matter whether it is 2D or 3D?

Are you willing to make a long game, or just some game that is fun to play? (like Infini's Zombie game)

Is there a genre that you would rather do than others?
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:19:10 am »
I'd enjoy some sort of mutli-player spin-off of a bomberman style game. Puzzle-ish games are fun and addicting, also creative.. you can never go wrong with fluffy ones or hardcore kick ass-kill each other ones. Doesn't have to be bomb related, but a co-op puzzle game would be awesome.

Maybe focused around ZFGC and former administrators... Oh... wait.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:42:25 am »
  • Minalien
Don't give a damn if it's two- or three-dimensional, but don't blame me if I can't find a graphics artist :D

And I thought that I had stated that I don't care whether it's a long, drawn out game or a short arcade-style; I want to point out, though, that it will obviously be a lot quicker to develop arcade-style games, and I would need a reason and a more thought-out plan to work on longer project. And I could give a !@#$% less about genre right now. I just need something to !@#$% do.

As for your idea, I may make an exception to the ZFGC rule, because blowing up certain administrators, both current and former, sounds like a very healthy passtime, and something that could help ZFGC a lot :D
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 05:46:08 am »
It's definitely not a bad idea. :p I'll be happy to provide a 32x32 icon of my head. I already have one of Justin with this 'O'rly?' look on his face.

Also, puzzles! It will be a money maker if you get it on XLA.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 05:59:48 am »
  • Minalien
Are you kidding? Something like that would require the special detail of modelling you perfectly. Add in a wonderful gibbing system, unorganized artificial intelligence, and plenty of ways to kill you, including Jigsaw mode (God I love the SAW movies). Lush 3D environments, and somehow, I would need to sneak a hidden sex game in there.

Perhaps when the player kills Vash, drinks coffee, then subsequently hits on this hot goth babe...

• Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:47 am »
Let me live to see the hot gothic chick, and you have yourself a winning game plot. If not, no endorsement.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 11:17:20 am »
I've been thinking for a while now, a game where you start with absolutely nothing, and you have to build everything you need to use, such as tools, buildings etc.
platformer style, with physics for constructions.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:13 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
I've been thinking for a while now, a game where you start with absolutely nothing, and you have to build everything you need to use, such as tools, buildings etc.
Reminds me a bit of Summon Night...

How about a game that involves puzzles, machine guns, and bombs and going around killing aliens, demons, and fantasy beings?

Sounds abit clichè...

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 03:23:32 am »
  • Minalien

How about a game that involves puzzles, machine guns, and bombs and going around killing aliens, demons, and fantasy beings?

Sounds abit clichè...
Cliché is fine, it still builds my programming portfolio <.<

Anyways, I'm considering that idea, DT. As for yours, Darklight, I'm not very interested in developing physics-based games. They're interesting, and definitely fun to play, but they just don't strike me as something that I would enjoy putting together.

• Development Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:54 am »

Sounds abit clichè...
Cliché is fine, it still builds my programming portfolio <.<

Anyways, I'm considering that idea, DT. As for yours, Darklight, I'm not very interested in developing physics-based games. They're interesting, and definitely fun to play, but they just don't strike me as something that I would enjoy putting together.
fine by me :).
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 57 queries.